Sequel: The Choice Is Yours

Candescent

Prologue

I sat up against my bed head as I awoke, severely annoyed. I was feeling like a freak.
Dreams are meant to mean stuff, right? Tell me what lights, screaming and pain meant.

When I’d first realised I was having recurring dreams, I was five. They’d been terrifying back then, and then they’d just gotten annoying. But now I was really pissed off. The same dream every single night for the past ten years and I couldn’t tell anyone.

I’d mentioned it once to my parents when I was seven and they had both told me to keep quiet and not talk about it ever again. So I hadn’t. But just because something’s ignored, doesn’t make it go away.

I was a strange child, I knew that. And I knew that I was adopted even though my parents had never told me I was. That was why when a tapping noise came from my window, I didn’t think it scary or suspicious, but simply turned over and tried to go back to sleep. But then the tapping came again.

I shifted over to my window and opened it. The wide eyes of a barn eyes stared me and I curiously opened the window, quickly regretting my mistake as the owl hopped through and onto my bed.

I scrambled back up my bed head as I shrank away from the bird. But it sat there with his leg out, a piece of what looked like parchment tied there. What the hell? Who used parchment anymore?

Edging closer, I removed the parchment and unravelled it. The owl fluttered out the window and into the distance. I started reading the first paragraph.

Dear Miss Tyler

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into the Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

I looked up at the darkness of my room in astonishment.

What the hell.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, depending on how many people read this, i may or may not put up the next chapter (Its already written). So comment or subscribe...