Apprentice of a Different Kind

Chapter 1

“I knew there was a reason behind everything father said”

My mother’s lips move, I don’t really understand much not that I really wanted to know. My mother only talked about rubbish. I really didn't understand how people could just sit there and waste their time listening to such rubbish. Yet they still sat there and listened and patiently waited for my mother to finish talking.

“Did you hear about Edward from around the back doing the dirty with madam La-Vern?”

I tuned my mother out there really wasn’t any point to listening to her gossip about the other ladies around our small town.

My name is William Tayor. I’m the apprentice to my father who owns his own blacksmithing place out the back not too far from the edge of town. I don’t really fit in with the town. Neither does my father. My mother on the other hand is the complete opposite of either of us. She was the leader of the gossip chain. The woman everyone sought out to know who was sleeping with whom. Really I didn’t like my mother at all.

“To be honest I believe that Mr. Jones is sleeping with three women last I heard”
“Oh dear, you really don’t know much at all”

Mrs. Conner was the latest person to speak with my mother today. I didn’t know way I didn’t leave but the only reason I stayed was because my father said I wasn’t allowed to leave our home. The reason why was because he was going on a business trip to some far off town. I think it was one of the larger cities further away from our smallish town. I really just wanted to go and work on my final piece the one that would finally make me a full blacksmith and no longer an apprentice.

“Darling didn’t you realize that he has been sleeping with the neighbour?”
“But Henry would never”

I really had had enough of this woman and was about ready to end her life but blood stained hands only led to disaster. There was already a kind that made dirtying their hands with the blood of people their job their only hobby. Their living I suppose you could call it. Those people who had been chosen for their talent in one thing or another. Though others were chosen because of other stranger reasons but nobody knew of the reasoning behind that. Nobody really knew anything of this kind. These people that were known feared hired and ready for anything. Those people were the assassins.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please enjoy *bows*