Status: In Progress....

Sunday Afternoon

New Day

When you're sleeping peacefully and there's no dreams to invade the scene, the last thing you expect is ice cold water to fall right on your head. This was the second time this week. Marcus was dead meat if I ever got him alone. The boy, my cousin, was thirteen and a pain in my ass. Grumbling, I shoved him out of the bedroom and shut the door before blaring Avenged Sevenfold from my ipod deck. I didn't care that my aunt wanted me to shut up, if she wanted me in a semi good mood after that, I needed my music.

Donning a pair of black, skinny jeans and a tight black Remones t-shirt, I looked in the mirror and sighed before grabbing some eyeliner. Back home, no one had an issue with my eyeliner, it was perfectly normal. That's the difference between The Big Apple and nowheresville, PA. Putting the black liner on just right, I grabbed my The Used hoodie and bookbag before heading out of the room.

"Keys, need to get to school." I had no car, in fact I had no license. Who needs a license when you can walk or take the bus every where. Here, I would rather drive, being clueless to the terrain.

"I'll drive you, Carter." I blinked. Was she serious? This was my first day in a new high school and she was going to drive me? It took all my willpower not to groan.

"Come on, please." She shook her head.

"You have no license, honey, we don't need you getting arrested." The silent, unspoken remark was, again. The legal system and I, were by no means strangers. We knew each other very well in fact. Usually it was little things, but as I'd come to find, the little things built up.

"Yeah, fine, whatever." Grabbing an apple, I walked out of the house without another word. I sat in the front seat and let my dark hair, fall in front of my eyes as I put the ear buds of my ipod in my ears, blasting the music. I still didn't get why my parents thought this was such a fantastic idea. I mean, yeah, I go to a new school, in a small town, where jack squat happens. Does that mean I'll stay out of trouble? Hell no. Trouble and I were friends, just as the legal system was a close aquaintance.

I watched as the scenery flashed by outside. The place was so old, so small. It was the town time forgot. I wondered if they even knew it was 2010. The idea made me chuckle.

"Something funny, Carter?" I blinked as I heard her voice and then turned to face her.

"Hmm?" She repeated her question.

"Nope, just wondering if I'll run into Wally Cleaver here at school." I smirked before hopping out of the car as it stopped. With music still pouring through my ears, I walked into the school and found the office. It really wasn't that hard to find either.

"Um, Carter Guenedere. I'm new." The lady behind the desk was old, in her late fifties I assumed. She took my information, pausing only as some girl walked into the office inquiring about copies. I looked briefly at her, taking her in. She was another student here, I didn't think much of it other than that. She was cute, I wouldn't deny it, but that didn't mean anything.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you all are enjoying this.

Please leave your thoughts and comments. :)

~Mel