Status: Hiatus

My Night With Your Nephew

Chapter 13--- Hospitals, fighting, and love

When we walked in the house we heard a scream come from upstairs. I quickly ran up the stairs to the bedroom Joey and Dezi were staying in and saw Joey on the floor holding his bleeding nose and Dezi at the other corner of the room looking at Joey and not quite sure yet what she had done.

Ramona came up right behind me to see what was going on and stood in shock.

"Mona, watch him, I'm going to go get something for his nose." I told her.

I went and grabbed a rag out of the cupboard in the hallway. I turned around and saw Jae right behind me which scared the shit out of me because he was so close.

"What's going on?" He asked. His voice was really raspy and I knew he had just woken up because that's how is voice gets. "I heard someone scream."

"Well just to shorten the story a little bit, your cousin tried being a player for a night and got punched. And I think we need to take him to the emergency room." I told him, as he followed me to the room.

"Here, put that over your nose and lean your head back."I told Joey. "So Jae you think we should go?"

"I don't know, is it broken?" Jae asked. Then he moved the rag away from Joey's face and said. "Yeah, I think the best choice is to go."

"Then I'll go tell the others where we're going and we can go." I said walking out of the room.

I walked around informing everybody we were going to the hospital and would be back sometime in the morning before their plane left.

*********** At the Hospital

Joey's nose was definitely broken. Don't ask how Dezi did it, she's usually never had anyone she had to fight, but she broke his nose, and good.

The doctor said he had to stay for a maximum of two nights and Joey called his parents and Billie came.

We were all goofing around and having fun, really trying to cheer Joey up. Then Dezi started shooting me these weird glances and I ended up walking out of the room to get a pop and she came with me.

"Do you happen to be mad at me?" I asked her, opening up my Dr. Pepper and taking a long awaited sip.

"No. Maybe. Just a little." She rambled, never looking me in the eye.

"About what?" I asked.

"Um.." She trailed off.

"Does it by chance have anything to do with what happened between Joey and Ramona tonight?" I asked.

"Yeah." She said.

"How is it my fault Dezi?" I asked her.

"Well you were sitting by the door, and you could have stopped them from kissing when you saw them leaning in." She answered.

"No I couldn't have. I was hiding, and what would it make me look like if I jumped out of no where and said stop everything?" I asked her. I really couldn't believe she was blaming everything on me.

"A good friend to me." She answered.

"Yes, but I'm trying to be a good friend to Joey, and Ramona. Dezi, you have to understand. I love you, your my best friend, but you're not my only one. I like Ramona, she's funny and sweet, and I think you'll like her too once you get over this little issue. She's really sorry Deziraye, and she wants to be friends with you." I told her. "But she can't if you're not willing to.

"Well, I'm not willing to, and she can just get over it. The bitch is trying to steal my boyfriend and you expect me to be best friends with her? And anyway, I know I'm not your only friend, but you do the same damn thing." She told me.

"You know, you've got a lot of issues you need to talk about with Joey, and not using your fist either. Use your words." I told her.

"Whatever." She said. "I can't even trust him anymore, why should we work things out."

"You know, I'm sick and tired of you moping and whining. This is between you, Joey, and Ramona. So you can fucking settle it on your own, I'm out of this situation." I yelled, walking away from her.

I walked back in the room Joey was staying in and asked Jae if he would take me home. He said yeah and then we left.

When we got home, he asked me a question I had really wanted him to ask for a while.

"So when do I actually get a night by myself with you? You know, just you and me." He asked.

"Well everybody's going back to Ohio tomorrow, and Joey's going to be in the hospital. And if he and Dezi get everything worked out she'll stay with him tomorrow night. And Ramona will probably stay home. So how about tomorrow night?" I asked.

"Sounds great, then we'll have this big house all to ourselves, and we can do whatever we want." He said.

"Yeah, WHATEVER we want." I told him. I kissed him lightly on the lips then laid my head down on his chest and fell asleep, impatient and wondering of the thoughts and events tomorrow would bring.