Status: Hiatus

My Night With Your Nephew

Chapter 26--This is what really happens in hospita

We got off at an airport in Erie, Pennsylvania, about a half hour away from Conneaut. We had already arranged for Haley to come and pick us up and take us to the hospital Kristy was staying in. I still couldn't believe what had happened. According to Christian, Ally had been driving with Kristy in the passenger seat and Haley in the back. They pulled up to a four way intersection and started through the green traffic light when someone ran a red light on Kristy's side of the car. The cars collided and Kristy went foreword and would have hit the windshield but the air bags stopped her. From this point Haley called Christian and the police. But the worst thing about the whole ordeal is the loss of the baby. I knew Kristy really wanted her.

We walked out and searched the parking lot for Haley's black Eclipse. We finally found it and walked over. She excitedly jumped out and jumped on me. I hugged her back, well technically I was holding her up.

"Hi!" She said looking around at everyone.

"Hey Hale! I'd like to introduce you to everyone. Of course you know Deziraye and this is her boyfriend Joey. Then there's Ramona and Josh. And this is my boyfriend, Jae." I told her.

"Hi!" She said again.

Then we got in the car. I have to say the drive was a little awkward, though I have no idea why.

************************ At the hospital.

Everybody started loosening up when we got to the hospital though.

"Coz we put them boys on rock rock, and they be lining down the block just to watch what we got." Joey and Jae sang while running down the hallway to the elevators.

"Let me guess, because you're so Fergalicious?" Dezi asked Joey.

"No, it's because I'm so Joeylicious." Joey told her running away to push the up button for the elevator.

"Let's have an elevator race!" Jae yelled.

"Yeah." Haley, Ramona, Joey, Josh, and I all yelled at the same time.

We split up into two groups. Me, Haley, and Joey were on one and Jae, Josh, and Mona were on the other. Dezi wouldn't race with us because she thought it was stupid. Damn hormonal pregnant woman! We got two elevators at the same time and raced to the fourth floor. My team one because Jae's team's elevator had stopped on every floor and mine only stopped once. Now we just had to find Kristy's room.

Joey walked up to a nurse, who, and I'm really not trying to be mean, was fat and really ugly. I was trying to figure out what he was doing.

"Hey baby, do you know What room Kristy Anderson is in?" He asked.

"Room 278." She answered.

"Thanks. So I was thinking maybe later we could go to a surgery room or something. You know I'd love to learn how to do C.P.R., maybe go pro." He said wiggling his eyebrows.

"Uh, I don't think so." She told him looking a little freaked out.

"Oh what, is the surgery room a problem? I mean we could go somewhere else. Like maybe a closet or something." He offered.

I pulled him away before he could say anything more to scare the nurse.

"Were you dropped on your head when you were a baby?" I asked him.

"Yes, numerous times. Why?" He said.

"You were just hitting on a nurse. I mean are you trying to get arrested?" I said.

"No, I was trying to find Kristy's room. God I can't even help you without getting yelled at. Don't talk to me anymore." He said shoving his hand in my face.

"Did you take your medicine?"

"No, and I never am again. Ever!" He yelled running away from me.

"Okay let's just go find Kristy's room." I said rolling my eyes and grabbing Jae's hand.

We found the room and walked in. Tons of people were there. Like Ally, Christian, Kristy's mom, and Alyssa.

"Hey." She said watching us all walk in the room.

"Hey. How are you doing?" I asked.

"I'm okay. Just a little sick from the sedatives." She said.

"Wow. They put you on sedatives?" I asked.

"Just because I freaked out over the baby." She told me.

"Oh, so you guys know for sure the babies gone?" I asked.

"The doctor said there was a chance she could survive, but it's a very slim one." Christian said.

Then the doctor came in. "Okay, Kristy, we're going to take you in to do some tests in about 15 minutes. So you can visit with your friends, but I ask you only have 5 people at a time."

"Okay." Kristy told him.

"Well then we'll leave." Ally, Alyssa, and Christian said standing up.

"Yeah, I should get back to your little sister. Bye Honey." Kristy's mom said.

"Bye everybody." She called.

"Okay, Joey and Jae, can we trust you guys to sit out in the hallway by yourselves?" I asked them.

"Yeah." They said, but the looks on their faces made me think a little differently.

"Okay, just sit there for a few minutes." I said.

"Okay." They said walking out the door.

I sat down in a chair by the door so I could watch them as I talked to Kristy.

"So how are things with you and Jae?" Kristy asked me.

"Fine, god he's crazy as hell though. There's like no stopping him." I told her laughing.

She laughed. "So what about you and Joey?" She asked Dezi.

"We're doing fine. Yeah, I'm pregnant so.." Dezi said.

"Oh my god! That's awesome." Kristy told her.

I looked out in the hallway and saw Jae and Joey over by a nurse's cart. Then I looked back quickly to make sure Kristy wasn't talking to me. When I looked back they were walking through the door. Joey walked in with a big bump showing from under his shirt. It looked like a pillow.

"Hey baby." He said walking over and sitting next to Dezi.

"What did you do?" She asked poking his stomach.

"I am with child. Now stop poking my baby." He said.

Then he stood up and grabbed his stomach.

"Oh my god. My water broke. Help me!" He cried.

Jae grabbed him and pushed him to the ground and then dropped to his knees.

"I'm gonna need you to push." Jae told him.

"Ugh!" Joey screamed pretending to push the pillow out.

"I see a head!" Haley yelled.

"One more push." Jae yelled before pulling the pillow fully out from under of Joey's shirt. "It's a girl!"

"She's beautiful!" Joey said.

"She has your eyes." Ramona told Joey.

"I know. Isn't she beautiful babe?" He asked Dezi.

I laughed looking at the pillow. They had literally drawn dark chocolate brown eyes and a layer of light brown peach fuzz on the its head. Then they wrapped it up in a receiving blanket and handed it to Dezi.

"Yes, absolutely adorable." Dezi told him.

Everyone in the room was laughing as Joey and Jae cooed over the little baby, or pillow, it just depended how you looked at it.

"What's her name?" Kristy asked.

"Billie Jean." Joey said, staring at my wrist band for help.

I took a picture with my cell phone and sent it to Billie Joe saying :"Meet your new grand daughter, Billie Jean."

About 5 minutes later I got a reply back saying :"Ah, when did that happen? Kind of pale isn't she, sorta like a pillow." Billie wrote.

I laughed and sent a reply saying :" About 5 minutes ago. Well at least we know it's Dezi's, she is really white you know. But Joey on the other hand is a little darker."

He wrote back saying :" Yeah, it's the California shade. He's always been that way. Well actually he was red when he was born, but that's a different story."

I was about to write back when there was a knock on the door.

"Kristy, we're ready for you." The doctor said.