Status: Hiatus

My Night With Your Nephew

Chapter 28--Strangeland.

I ran out the door and watched as the car sped off down the road.

"Is there anyway we can go after him?" I asked Jacob as he came up behind me.

"My dad's truck is in the garage, but we can't drive it. I don't know how to drive and I doubt you do either." He told me.

"Well I can drive, I just don't have my license, but if we get pulled over, I'll take the blame. I can't just let Jae run off like that. He doesn't know where he's going and he could crash. I have to go after him." I told him as tears came to my eyes.

"Okay, just wait here and let me get the keys." He said as he ran back in the house. I sat on the step and wiped the tears from my eyes. If we do find him, the last thing I need is for him to see I was crying.

Jake came back out and we got in the car and drove down the road Jae had just went down. (a/n : Conneaut, the place we're in, is a really small town. Just wanted to let you know so you weren't thinking of some really big city.)

"Look, about what happened in there, I'm really sorry. I didn't even think about what I was doing. I didn't mean to get you in trouble with your boyfriend." Jake told me.

"It's okay. It's really not your fault. Jae was already kind of freaked because Dezi told him I used to have a crush on you. This was just what he needed to set him off." I said.

"Okay." He said.

Then it was silent for the majority of the ride. Until I broke the silence giving out another cry.

"Where the hell is he. There's not many places for him to go. God I hope he didn't leave town without knowing it." I said.

"I'm sure he's fine. Maybe he stopped somewhere. Just to like blow off steam." He told me.

"Yeah, but where? We've looked everywhere and I have not seen that car." I said.

"Wait there." He said pointing at the township park.

I parked the car and got out. "Are you coming?" I asked Jacob.

"No, I started the whole thing, I think I'll just wait here." He told me.

"Okay." I said, getting out and looking for Jae. I looked all over the park and then got an idea. The beach. I walked down an isolated part and found him, sitting on a rock and staring at the waves, what little there were, rolling in.

"Hey." I said walking over and sitting next to him.

"What are you doing here? I thought you would be still with Jacob." He said.

"No, Jae. When you ran off like that I had to come find you." I said.

"Why?" He asked me.

"What do you mean? You're my boyfriend. I love you. Why wouldn't I come?" I asked.

"You love me? So you go an make out with some guy while I'm just in the other room?" He said, not making any attempt to make any of this easier on me.

"It's not like that. I know you won't understand, I don't even understand why it happened. But you're much more than Jacob. Sure he was an old fantasy, but you're my now. I love Jae, and believe me I've never felt this love before. Hell I don't even think I've been in love before now really." I told him.

"So what now, you think throwing a couple 'I love you's' in will get you out of the whole mess. Well here's the thing. I don't know really if I should believe you or not, because I truly love you and don't even have the desire or thought to kiss another girl, let alone one is supposedly been my best friend half my life. So if you really love me, why did you do it? Why would you want to?" He asked.

"I didn't want to. It just happened to quickly for me to stop it. And that's all he is to me. A friend. There's nobody I want to kiss more than you. There's nobody I want more than you. I really wish you would believe me, as I am telling you the whole truth. I love you, even if you don't love me anymore." I said getting up and walking away, trying to fight away the tears forming at my eyes.

I got to the stars when Jae grabbed my arm and spun me around, pressing his lips to mine. I seriously felt the spark go up between us. Which I had never really felt before in all the time we were together.

"Just tell me, did you feel anything with that kiss?" He asked me.

"Yes." I told him.

"Did Jacob make you feel like that way." He asked.

"No. No one has ever made me feel like that." I told him.

"I love you. And I believe you. I'm sorry." He told me.

"I'm sorry too." I told him.

"Maybe we should go back." He said.

"Yeah." I said, feeling a little weird.

We walked up the steps and to the car together but I swear I felt like I was walking on air the whole way. So this is what love feels like?