Status: Hiatus

My Night With Your Nephew

Chapter 31--Packing and accidents...maybe!

We've been out here for three days, and I'm really missing home. Oakland I mean. Theres really nothing to do out here, unless we drive to Erie, which I hate doing everyday. Today we're leaving for Toledo, which is where I moved from Conneaut when I was eleven. But the only problem was I couldn't get a hold of anyone out there, which was really surprising, since they usually call me.

I sat listening to the phone ringing in my ear for the fourth time that day. Finally I heard a voice on the other line.

"Hello." Someone said. It was a guys voice. Kind of curious now because I called Skye's phone.

"Hi, is Skye there?" I asked, wondering if I had the wrong number.

"Yeah, hang on." The voice said and then I heard a rustling noise in the background as the mystery person handed the phone to Skye.

"Hello." She said.

"Hey, Skye. It's Katie." I said.

"Oh hey, what's up?" She asked.

"Nothing. A couple of my friends and I are coming out to Toledo for a visit, but we need somewhere to stay. So I was wondering if we could stay at your place." I told her.

"Sure. My parents went on vacation, so I have the house to myself for like a week. But like how many people are there going to be?" She asked.

"Cool. And about six, including me. If that's too much we could probably stay somewhere else, like a hotel or something." I told her.

"No, it's cool. Some people are just gonna have to crash on the floor though." She said with a laugh.

"Yeah, well they're all either fifteen or sixteen, so I'm sure they have sometime or other in their lifetime." I said back jokingly.

"Probably, I mean I'm fourteen and I've done it tons of times. So when are you guys coming?" She asked.

"Well we're leaving this afternoon at about four o' clock. So we'll get there about seven or eight. Matters how good Jae is with directions." I told her.

"Okay, well we'll be expecting you." She said.

"We?" I asked.

"Me, Haylee, and Brandon. That's who answered the phone by the way. You sounded kind of confused when I started talking to you. Thought maybe you didn't recognize his voice." She said laughing.

"Wow, he's balls finally dropped then?" I joked.

"I guess you could say it like that." She told me laughing.

"He certainly does sound different. Well, I have to go and pack. So I'll see you then." I said.

"Okay, bye." She said.

I hung up and went back to putting my clothes in my bag. Jae walked in behind me as I set to work on packing his clothes.

"Hey, what are you doing?" He asked wrapping his arms around my waist and hugging me from behind.

"Packing. You do remember we're leaving for Toledo tonight right?" I asked him, turning my head to kiss the top of his own, which was laying on my shoulder.

"Oh yeah. So how far away is that from here?" He asked me.

"About three hours." I said waiting for his reaction, even though I knew I had talked to him about it before.

"Three hours?" He asked in an exasperated tone.Then he turned around and fell on the bed right next to his suitcase, bringing me with him.

"What are you doing?" I asked annoyed that he had almost dumped out the bag containing all my stuff.

"Sleeping before we have to leave. There is no way I'm gonna be able to ride in that car for three hours unless I take a nap now." He told me.

"Well rest up because we're leaving at four and it's already one." I told him, getting up and squishing the final item into the bag.

"Okay, wake me up when it's time to go." He said turning on his side and falling right to sleep.

I rolled my eyes at him, then walked out to find everyone else and tell them to start packing.

**********SIX HOURS LATER.

We were getting off the exit to go to Skye's house and Joey and Dezi were singing the most annoying song ever. And it didn't help they were singing way over the noise of my i-pod.

When we turned the corner on to Skye's street, Jae slowed down as to not miss the house or driveway. We were right in front of it when a little teenage boy ran out and jumped on our hood, then rolling off as fast as he got on.