By the Light of the Northern Star

Megadesk

It was early in the morning and I awoke from a dreamless sleep. I could not sleep any longer as I struggled to sit up in bed. My back was killing me and I was no longer sure why that exactly was.

I started walking towards the kitchen and noticed something in my office.
I instantly remembered why my back was in pain. I had rearranged some desk that I was going to give away into something called Megadesk. I got the idea from television the other night.

On The Office, Dwight had taken his and Jim’s desk (while he was with Pam after she had the baby) and made it into a monster called Megadesk. I had the great idea of moving my desks to mimic my favorite television show. I knew then that I had to call my best friend Elise and show her. I also had another motive but I figured I would tell her when she got here.

I picked up the phone and dialed her number. She picked up on the first ring.

“Hello,” she said groggily.

“Hey Lee, I have something to show you and I really think you’ll like it. Can you come over soon?” I asked her.

“Sure Anna, give me an hour and a half and I’ll be over there soon.”

“Great I’ll see you when you get here. Bye,” I said and hung up the phone.

I ran to my bathroom to get a shower and got dressed. I was done quickly and after I finished getting ready the doorbell rang.

“Lee I’m so glad you’re here. Come on.” I said. I grabbed her by the arm and dragged her to my office. I stopped her before she could see inside the room.

“Elise McCready I want to reveal the greatest thing since Dave Mustaine’s birth and it is called Megadesk.” I said and lightly pushed her into the room.

“Um Anna I don’t agree with your statement and frankly I’m not really sure what to make of this.” She said. She paused and started laughing uncontrollably.

After she stopped, I had to explain the reason for the Megadesk but I do not think she got it.

After I showed her the episode on my laptop, she finally understood.

After the episode, I turned to her to reveal the real reason I asked her to come.

“Lee this is not the real reason I brought you here. Stay right there and I will show you what it is.”

I grabbed the surprise, hid it behind my back, and brought it into the room.

“Elise I bought us two tickets to the… TYR SHOW TONIGHT!” I said screaming at the top of my lungs.

“OH MY GOD I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU DID IT. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!” She screamed and picked me up and swung me around. After she put me down my head was spinning.

“Okay Lee, I already have my outfit. Let me grab it and we will go to your house to get your outfit ready.” I picked up everything and we ran out the door.

Elise’s POV

When we got in the car, it finally hit me. We were going to see Tyr. I could not believe I was going to see the hot bassist Gunnar H. Thomsen. I could not wait for the show tonight. I am glad Anna was my friend she was a little strange at times but she always came through with something awesome.

Normal POV

When we made it to Elise’s house, I was glad that I could help her find the greatest outfit. I knew she had a little crush on Gunnar Thomsen and since I have secret backstage passes I wanted her to catch his attention.

“Elise you look absolutely beautiful.” I said to my best friend as she looked in the mirror.

“Really, I’m glad I let you pick out my clothes.”

“Well I have a reason for that. I also got us backstage passes and we get to meet all the bands.”

“Bands, I thought it was only Tyr?” She asked as her eyes widened.

“Alestorm and Korpiklaani,” I said.

“Great and I guess we should get going.”

“Exactly come on.” I said as we ran out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope everyone likes this story. If your not familiar with the bands go check out them on myspace.

Megadek