By the Light of the Northern Star

Never Knew I Needed

“We want you to move in with us,” they both said in unison.

“Anna this year has been the best.” Héri started. “I just want to see you every morning when I wake up.” He finished smiling wide.

“Elise a year and a half ago I wasn’t looking for love. When I met you I instantly fell for you. I want to share everything I have with you.” Gunnar explained.

As if on cue Anna and Elise exclaimed together a resounding “yes”.

Everyone congratulated the girls and the dinner continued. The girls never took their eyes off their boyfriends.

Out of the corner of Anna’s eye she caught Terji and Abby flirting. He was listening intently, laughing at her jokes, and Abby would touch his arm every once in a while.

When it was time to go the girls went to spend the night in their new homes. It was going to be a great night.

Elise


“Gunnar I’m so excited. Finally living together.” She said on the ride home.

“Elise I’ve been waiting to ask you to move in. I figured since Héri and I had the same idea, we could ask you both together.”

“So do you know when we’re moving my stuff?” She asked as they pulled up to the house.

“Tomorrow and I wanted to know if you would like to take a week and go to Norway for vacation. Anna could take over the band and Héri could help with the website.”

Anna


Anna and Héri sat on the couch watching Adult Swim.

“What is this show called again?” He asked.

Anna chuckled slightly, “The Venture Brothers”.

Anna had already explained the whole concept of the show but the name kept escaping his mind.

“Oh I almost forgot tomorrow we’re moving your stuff in here. Also on Monday Elise and Gunnar are taking a trip to Norway.”

“That’s wonderful for her. I’ll just hold down the band while she’s gone.”

“Yeah and I’ll help you with the website.” He said as the show was ending.

“Come on Héri let’s get some sleep for tomorrow.” She said turning the television off.

The next day everyone chipped in to get all the things packed and moved. The only thing not moving was the bed and sheets, they went to Abby and Mel’s house. Elise and Anna planned how everything would run while Elise was gone. Abby would take over Elise’s vocals while Héri would help run the website.

Everything was getting better and going great.

In Norway

The week was almost over and Elise could not have been happier. They had wonderful dinners and sightseeing.

It was the last day of their vacation. They hiked up the top of a small mountain. The sun was setting over the snow capped mountains.

“This is beautiful,” Elise said sighing.

“Not as beautiful as you.” He said quoting South Park.

“Oh shush,” Elise said laughing.

“Well there is a reason for this trip. The last year and a half has been the best I’ve had in a long time. I love you more than anything else.”

Gunnar knelt to the ground, “Will you marry me?”

“Of course I will.” Elise said tears falling down her cheeks.

He slipped the beautiful ring on her finger and they embraced.

They could not stop acting super excited. Even the next day nothing could remove their identical smiles.

Elise couldn’t wait to tell Anna every single detail and get back to normalcy… whatever that means.