By the Light of the Northern Star

Bad Omen

On the ride to the concert, I had made a CD with a mix of all three bands. The whole way there, we sang along with every single song.

“We’re finally here,” I announced when we got to the concert hall.

“It’s about time. It felt like we were in the car for hours.” Elise said as she got out of the car and stretched her arms up.

We practically ran to the building, gave the guy the tickets, and walked inside the enormous hall.

There were a large number of people there and it was almost time for the concert to start with the first band Alestorm.

The band came out and shouted to the crowd.

“We are Alestorm from Scotland and we’re gonna start with Captain Morgans Revenge!” The singer Christopher shouted. They started the song and the whole crowd went crazy. The whole set was amazing and the crowd shouted and sang every word.

The next band up was Korpiklaani from Finland. Their first song was Vodka from the newest album. It got the crowd pumped and ready. Elise and I screamed along with the words while stumbling with the finish lyrics.

Next, we were ready to see Tyr. They launched right into Sinklarsvisa and encouraged the crowd to start chanting along. My eyes settled on Heri and Elise’s on Gunnar. I was amazed at how starstruck we both were and how anxious we were to meet them.
After the show was over, we were so out of breath that we just walked silently to the backstage area. Though we were quiet, we were psyched and held hands because we were so nervous and excited to meet our favorite bands. We made it, showed our passes, and walked up to them. The first person to greet us was Jonne the singer from Korpiklaani.

“Hello ladies,” he said in the cutest accent.

At first we just stood there and then Elise spoke up.

“Oh, yeah, um I’m Elise and this is my friend Anna.” She said in awe.

“Well come on let’s get you girls some drinks.” He said smiling.

“Come on Anna.” I heard and came out of my reverie and saw Elise waving me over. We followed him to the bar and saw Dani from Alestorm and Heri from Tyr. I almost fainted but I composed myself and put my head high.

“Hey Jonne who are your beautiful friends,” Dani asked flashing a big smile.

“The tall one is Elise and the short one is Anna.” Jonne explained.

“Hey I’m not short I’m fun sized.”

“Wow it speaks.” Heri said chuckling.

“Sorry I usually talk nonstop but I’m kind of nervous.” I said taking a seat.

“Oh don’t be nervous do you guys want a drink?” Dani said speaking up.

“No thanks for me.” I said.

“Me neither, it would be good to remember tonight.” Elise said.

During the rest of the night, we meet everyone in the bands and had a great night. Gunnar finally started talking to Elise after we finally found him.

We were walking back to the buses to say goodbye to the bands but we had to walk through were the guys were putting up the set pieces. I do not know what happened but suddenly something hit me. I instantly fell back, felt someone catch me, and then I blacked out.