By the Light of the Northern Star

The Honeymoon Song

Hours later after most of the people had gone home everyone started cleaning. While the wedding party was cleaning Elise was saying tearful goodbyes to her family. She would soon be on her honeymoon and some much needed rest.

“Mom, Dad, Sarah, Conor, Jeff I’m gonna miss you all so much. I’ll be sure to check up with you guys more and we’ll have to spend some of the holidays together.” Elise said crying.

She hugged her family then Gunnar and Elise got in the car to travel to the airport. They would be on their way to beautiful Rio. The minute they got into the car Elise breathed a sigh of relief.

“I’m so glad it’s over. I mean I had a good time and I’m glad to finally be your wife but…” she trailed off.

“I know beautiful, it was a lot of planning and not a lot of time to do it. Now we’re on our way for some rest and relaxation.” Gunnar said as Elise leaned against the head rest.

For the rest of the trip Elise’s head rested on Gunnar’s shoulder. He had his arm wrapped tightly around her lower back. When they got to the airport shook a sleeping Elise.

“Elise, wake up we’re here.” He said quietly.

“Oh we’re what…” she said groggily.

Once she realized they were in front of the airport and the driver had opened the door she slowly made her way out of the car.

Once they were on the plane, Gunnar took her hand while she fell back asleep. He watched her sleep for a minute. He felt so lucky that he finally could spend his life with this woman. She was the one thing in his life that he was certain of. He turned his face forward and drifted off to sleep dreaming about the rest of his life.

They arrived in Rio at six pm. After the exhausting process of getting bags, finding a ride to the hotel, and checking in it was finally to get into the room.

Once they were settled in they both just sat on the bed looking at each other with matching smiles.

“Gunnar I have something to say. I’m kind of nervous but it’s something I feel you should know. I’ve never been intimate with a man in my whole life. I know the whole idea of the wedding night and I figured it was something you should know.” She said blushing and looking down.

He chuckled slightly while she gave him a strange, why is that so funny look.

“Elise I’m glad you told me. I know how scary it can be your first time. I’ll tell you tonight I’m not so worried about that. I do want you to know that I will be careful and make sure you’re comfortable. But tonight let’s just get some sleep and tomorrow after a full day we can worry about it.” He said rubbing circles on the top of her hands with his thumbs.

The next day was spent walking on the beaches, going through the small shopping districts, and trying a bunch of new exotic foods. They finally retired to their room.

“Elise are you ready?” Gunnar asked.

“Yes, Gunnar I’m as ready as I’ll ever be.”

“Don’t worry; I’ll be as gentle as possible.” He said as he led her to the bed.

The next morning Elise woke up to the sunlight shining through the curtains. Gunnar’s arms were still firmly wrapped around her bare waist. She suddenly remembered the events of the night before. She laid her head back on his chest and slowly fell back asleep.

Gunnar awoke just as Elise had started falling asleep. He looked at this beautiful woman he had just married and the lovely night they had just spent together. He shook her awake so they could start the new day.

“Elise wake up, it’s noon.” He said as she sat up and stretched.

“Hey Gunnar, thanks for last night.” Elise said as she got out of bed and made her way into the bathroom.

***


The rest of the week was wonderful. It was amazing to finally have a first vacation as husband and wife. When they got back to the home something happened that made everyone happy.