By the Light of the Northern Star

My Love is For Real

Elise’s POV

When we got back to the bus from a night of drinking, I only had one drink and I talked to Gunnar all night. I could not stop looking in his eyes. While he talked to me, I found myself zoning out and I did not think he noticed, until he came to me later that night.

When we had gotten back, I went straight to bed after talking to all the guys and I fell asleep instantly. A small shake jolted me awake.

“Elise, I know it’s late but I need to talk to you.”

Once my eyes adjusted, I looked at my watch and noticed it was three a.m. “Gunnar would you like to go to the living room to talk.” Was the only thing I could think to say.

We walked to sit down on the couch to have a chat.

“Elise why were you out of it tonight?” He asked shyly.

“That’s a strange question. I just have a lot on my mind.”

“I just hoped that you were okay. You had been acting kind of strange lately.”

“I am so sorry Gunnar. I have something to say to someone and I do not know what to say to them. It has been bothering me and I have been thinking about if I should tell that person.”

“I think you should as soon as you feel comfortable.” He said.

“Thanks Gunnar. You have been a great help.” I kissed him on the cheek and I went back to my bunk. I was going to tell him my feelings tomorrow. I hope he had not noticed the blush on my cheeks the whole time.

The next morning I awoke to the smell of pancakes and bacon. I walked in and noticed Kári cooking.

“Hi Elise, would you mind waking all the others up for breakfast?” He asked sweetly. “There’s extra bacon in it for you.”

“I can do that, do not worry. I’m counting on you to deliver the bacon.” I said smiling wide.

“Anna, wake up.” I shook her and she turned toward me squinting her eyes.

“Elise, I smell bacon.” That was the first words out of her mouth.

“Yes and pancakes too.”

I told her and she was out of bed by then. I grabbed all the guys from Týr and Alestorm. I got my bacon and that was all I needed to make it worth it. The guys left and it was just me and Anna.

“Anna, I’m gonna tell Gunnar tonight.” I said.

“That’s great. He really is lucky to have you. It’s about time you got a guy of your own.”

“What if he does not like me. What if I am not pretty enough or interesting.”

“Elise listen, if he cared enough about you to see if you were okay, like you told me this morning, then I think he likes you. Trust me. Come on its time to help the guys set up. We have an early concert today.”

“Alright, I think this is going to be a great night.”

“Elise, what happened to my accordion.” Juho asked me.

“Remember I put it by Matson’s drums because you said Jonne likes to play your instrument and you do not like that. He never goes near the drums.”

“Elise, you are a life saver. I do not know what I would do without you.” He hugged me.

Jarkko was able to find his bass after he lost track of it for the fourth time tonight. Gareth was helping Anna put our stuff together. I looked over and I saw they were fighting over something. I noticed everyone had all their instruments and did not look confused so I decided to see what was going on.

“Anna, Gareth, what is going on over here?”

“Well Miss Anna here hates the way that I’m putting things up.”

“He’s doing it all wrong.” She protested.

“Gareth just do what she says and it’s easy to work with her. Anna, I think you need to apologize.”

“Look Gareth, I really am sorry. I just cannot stand it when I cannot be organized.”

“It’s okay. Elise, Anna we hired to other merch people from our last tour to help so you guys can watch the show from back stage tonight.” The people came by and Gareth led us backstage.

I knew tonight was my chance and thank my lucky stars someone could cover our merch shift so I could finally tell Gunnar my true feelings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elise paced the backstage area. She contemplated her feelings for Gunnar. She liked him but was she ready to commit to her time. She felt like she might not tell him now, but she knew she had to. What if it did not work out? Would our friendship be ruined? Did he like me too? All I knew was that these feelings were not going away. I know what Anna said but it did not quell my fears.

Gunnar’s POV

During the show I could not concentrate. I kept thinking about Elise. Her smile and her laugh. I was starting to like her. On second thought, I think I love her. What if we did not stay together? Would we still be friends if something happened? Did she like me back? I could not imagine life without her.

Normal POV

Gunnar would be here any second and I was going to tell him. I have waited long enough. I was going to wait a little longer but I could not be around him without blushing constantly and wanting to be in his arms. The guys came through the door and Anna and I greeted them.

“Gunnar could you come talk to me in private?” I said loud enough for Anna to hear.

“Guys come on let’s leave Gunnar so he can talk to Elise.” She said nodding her head towards the door. Soon they were all gone.

“Elise what did you want to tell me?” Gunnar asked coming closer.

“Gunnar I have to say that these past four days have been great. I have to come clean I really like you. Before you say anything I understand if you don’t…”

I was cut off my Gunnar’s lips on my own. I was first caught off guard but soon gave in.

He pulled away and said. “Elise I like you too. I’m glad you feel the same.”

I pulled his face towards mine to finish what we started. A few minutes later, we had to take a breath and tell the guys the good news.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is for my great Elise. I hope you like it.