By the Light of the Northern Star

The Best Day

“Ok girls I have divided the bands into two groups. One group will go with Elise and the others will go with Anna.” Kári said.

“Dani, Peter, Jonne, Matson, Juho, Terji, and Héri will go Anna. Chris, Gareth, Hittavainen, Jarkko, Cane, Gunnar, and I will go with Elise.” Kári finished.

“We should drop the guys off at Elise’s her house is closer to the venue than mine. We can meet at her house and then get to the concert.”

Soon I was dropped off at the house with the boys, we were putting all our things in Pods, and they will be delivered to the Islands.

“This is your apartment Anna, it is crazy organized.” I heard Dani say.

“Well my friend, I have a mild case OCD.” I said throwing her arm around him.

“So where do you want to start?” Peter said finally speaking up.

“Well I have a couple of rules first. When you put stuff in a box, I want it to stay in the same order. Put my stuff in as organized as you can, do not just throw it in the box please.”

“Héri come with me, Peter in the bathroom, Dani in the kitchen, Matson in my office, and everyone else in the living room. We will get the furniture last.” Anna said sending everyone in different directions.

“So what am I doing with you?”

“Well I trust you Héri, a lot. So you are helping me with my room. You are the only other one that talks to me aside from Dani, Terji, and Cane. Dani is my short buddy, Terji and I have a lot in common, and Cane is my drinking buddy.” I said sadly.

It was true I thought to myself. Lee was always with Gunnar now and the others ignore me.

“I like you a lot Anna, just open up more and I’m sure the others will come around.” Héri expressed putting his arms around her.

“Well, let’s get going, do you mind if I put some music on?” I asked turning away while my face turned red.

Héri nodded as I put my iPod on shuffle. The first song that came on was “Wings of Time” by Týr. The first song I had ever heard from them. Of course, Héri joined in singing with me.

When the song ended, Héri turned to look at me.

“Anna, I did not know you could sing like that. You even sang the foreign parts well.”

“Oh thank you. I look up the words and learn them. Lee and I go to karaoke all the time.”

“Would you and Elise like to come up and sing this song with us?”

“I’m on board, we’ll ask Lee later. Let’s finish packing.” I said to Héri.

When the last of my things were packed, my cell phone rang. I picked it up on the first ring.

“Hello,” I said into the receiver.

“Hey Anna, we’re done over here. Find your bathing suit so we can swim in the pool before we have to leave our houses.” Elise said.

“Sure, I’ll tell the guys and we’ll be there soon.” We said goodbye and I went to tell the guys. They helped me find my bathing suit and we headed to Elise’s house.

“So Héri, who is playing this concert series,” I asked.

“Well the headliner is Metallica. I am unsure of the order of the bands but its Goatwhore, Watain, Cannibal Corpse, Finntroll, and Amon Amarth.”

“That sounds amazing. Stop here Peter.” I said as they reached Lee’s house.

“Did the guys tell you who was playing the concert?” Lee asked as I walked to the backyard.

“Yeah,” I answered.

We had an hour before the concert so we pretty much just sat in the pool. Until ‘Ocean Avenue’ by Yellowcard came on.

“Come on Lee, I love this song.” I said grabbing Elise out of the pool.

We jumped up and down while singing along to the words.

After the song ended, it took us just a few minutes to clean up and start driving to the venue. The Pod storage crew had called and said they picked up our stuff and was sending it right away to the Islands. After this concert, we were off to one more state and then we were heading to our new home.

The first band we encountered when we got there was Goatwhore. The band consisted of Sammy Duet, James Harvey, and Zach Simmons, and Ben Falgoust, who was hotter in person.

“Hey Sammy, I haven’t seen you in forever.” Kári exclaimed hugging him.

“What up, Kári and who are these lovely ladies.” Sammy asked walking up and smiling at us.

“This is Anna and Elise our new friends slash merch girls. They will actually be watching the show tonight.”

“Nice to meet you two. Glad you’re not selling merch tonight so you can watch us. Come on the boys from Watain are here already too.”

“Lee, I have something to ask you.” I said pulling her from Gunnar’s side.

“Do you think that Héri likes me? When we were cleaning out my apartment he was so sweet to me and complimenting me.” I said.

“I think so, but I thought that’s what you wanted.” She said.

“Well it was but thinking back to my old relationship I don’t know if I can trust someone that easily. I don’t want this turning into another Taylor Swift song.”

“I think just wait for him to ask you and then maybe you’ll have made you mind up yet.” She advised.

When we got to Watain’s bus, I was so nervous. I heard that Erik Danielsson was kind of a freak. I read, that the magazine Metal Hammer went to his rehearsal space to interview him they found out he was sleeping there. He had twenty sheep heads and cartons of animal blood for their tenth anniversary show in their hometown Uppsala. I was hoping actions didn’t talk louder than words in this case.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bands and Band Members
Watain-E (Erik Danielsson) vocals, bass/H (Håkan Jonsson) drums/P (Pelle Forsberg) guitar

Cannibal Corpse-George "Corpsegrinder" Fisher vocals/Rob Barrett guitar/Pat O'Brian guitar/Alex Webster bass/Paul Mazurkiewicz drums

Finntroll-Mathias "Vreth" Lillmans vocals/Samuli "Skrymer" Ponsimaa guitar/Mikael "Routa" Karlbom guitar/Sami "Tundra" Uusitalo bass/Samu "Beast Dominator" Ruotsalainen drums/Henri "Trollhorn" Sorvali keyboards

Metallica-James Hetfield guitar, vocals/Kirk Hammett guitar/Robert Trujillo bass/Lars Ulrich drums

Goatwhore-Sammy Duet guitar/James Harvey bass/Zack Simmons drums/Ben Falgoust vocals

Amon Amarth-Johan Hegg vocals/Johan Söderberg guitar/Olavi Mikkonen guitar/Ted Lundstrom bass/Fredrik Andersson drums