Status: Writer's Block

Mein Kampf as a Teenage Outcast

Meet Deryk

I slammed the door as I walked into the house. The rain outside certainly didn't make my shitty day any brighter, and lord knows I'm not damn ray of sunshine. My cell phone started ringing as I flipped on the tv and plopped onto the couch.

"What's up, Deryk?" Danni asked once I picked up.

"Two miles of mud and puddles, but I just got home. How 'bout you?" I asked, putting my muddy feet up on the table and instantly regretting it.

"Just about to finish some homework. God, I hate English."

"God, you and me both. I'm, like, seventy pages behind already and the fricken test-" Suddenly the door slammed behind me. Fuck.

"God, I know. Tomorrow. I haven't even started it." Danni never understood that when someone gets cut off mid-sentence, it means something shocking is happening on the other line. In this senario, for instance, my dad walked in. That means 1) he didn't go to work today, and was probably getting drunk, 2) he saw the dripping mess I made thanks to the lovely weather, and 3) I was in deep shit.

"Hey, uh, Danni, I'll call you back." I hung up as I finished the sentence, her probably not even hearing the end of my sentence.

"What the hell are you doing? There's a huge mess in my doorway and you're just sitting around!" Dear ol' dad came storming in, towering above me as I sat defenseless. Ah, have I mentioned that I hate Tuesdays?

"I'm sorry. I just got home and was about to clean it, I swear." I tried scrambling to my feet but was immediatly knocked down as he back-handed me across the face.

"Don't lie to me! You know that if you wanted to clean it you- Ah, geez, you're fucking wet! Look what you're doing to my furniture!" He grabbed me by the sides of my unzipped jacket and ripped me from the sofa. I was able to stop myself from hitting the wall, only to find that still standing meant that Dad could have more time to be a dick.

"God, you get home, make a mess, and then just fuck around all day? I swear, you are the laziest little shit. And ungrateful! I'm trying to make this house beautiful and you're ruining it!" he said, punching me in the gut.

I wanted to point out that those weren't my beer cans littering the floor and that a little mud on the table was nothing compared to how he left the kitchen and living room. He pushed me onto the floor and then kicked me in the ribs. "God, you're such a hassle. Go make yourself useful and cook me some dinner, prick." he spat at me and kicked me as I tried getting up. Yeah, 'cause it's so easy to go to cook as you're getting your ass beaten.

I finally made it to the kitchen and my dad retreated to the living room. God, tonight's going to be great.