Sequel: Going Down In History

Today In History

Best Believe In Him

I tossed and turned in my bed all night. I was worried sick about Chris and I don't even know why. He always told us in advance when he was going to be gone a day. We had even made fun of him for taking 4/20 off for a "personal day".

I fell asleep around 4am and woke up two hours later for school. My drive to school was a blur as always, but this time, first and second hour were too. I didn't remember anything that I was supposed to learn.

I took a deep breath as I walked into my third hour class. I realized that I didn't know how to act normal around him now in school. This was going to be a challenge. To my surprise, nobody else was in the room but him, well what I could see of the top on his head. It had looked like he had fallen asleep on his desk.

Once the door shut his head shot up, a look of anger was alive on his face. As soon as he saw it was me he smiled and laid his head back down on his arms. I walked slowly over to him, pulling his other chair close to his desk and sitting in it.

"So... Everything okay?" I asked a bit skeptically. It wasn't any of my business, but he never acts lazy like this. I heard him mumble something, but I couldn't make out any words that were in it. "Huh?" He pulled his head from his arms once again.

"My mom was put into the hospital Sunday night and I made a four hour drive to go see her. I stayed with her until she was released and all day at her house, making sure she was okay. I left at about 1am and didn't get home until 5:30. Fell asleep for an hour and here I am." As soon as he was done his head went back down to his arms.

I felt bad, well, more than bad. I felt horrible. I didn't have anything to say, and I just wanted him to get his sleep. So I stood up silently and started to walk to the door.

"Where are you going? I didn't say you could leave." I turned back around and saw the smirk on his face.

"I was just letting you get some sleep. You look really tired." He rolled his eyes.

"I have my other classes to do that in. Come sit down and talk to me. I need it." I followed his instructions and found myself sitting back in the chair talking to him. I still did feel horrible.
♠ ♠ ♠
it's been a while since I updated. I've been busy, but good news! I gradumacated high school!