Sequel: Going Down In History

Today In History

Sentimental Value

I drove home. I still had alcohol and pot in my system, but I was sober. I knew what I had to do and how I was going to do it. Nothing was going to stop me now.

The first thing I did when I got home was called my mom. I told her that I had applied for a scholarship at a school in another city and that I had gotten it. I asked her to sign me out of school saying I was transferring to another one. I told her that I was leaving on Sunday and that she could come see me when she got back home. She believed me. I hated lying to my mom, but I had no choice at this moment.

Once I was off the phone with her I ran upstairs into my room, diving for my bed and pulling out the luggage set that my dad had gotten me last year when I went to spend two months in New York with my aunt. They were black with green polka dots and a green bow. The note my parents had left for me was still tucked away in the small pocket of the carry on.

I unzipped the biggest suitcase and left it open. I ran to my drawers and starting pulling out all my clothes from there, then started doing the same with my closet. I didn't have many that fit me still, so they all fit into that one suitcase. I then grabbed the small safe that was hidden under a shelf in my closet. I had been putting money into it since I was five. I quickly counted what was there; $3,242. I hated spending my own money, but I could buy new clothes and house stuff, I guess.

I shoved the safe in the next suitcase. I turned to the door as I heard footsteps going up the stairs. Chris peeked his head in and smiled at me. He picked me up by the waist, spun me around and pressed his forehead against mine. He smelled really good, not like alcohol anymore.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" He asked. The smile disappeared on his face and he just stared into my eyes, looking for an answer before I could verbally reply.

"If I'm not than I don't care. I'd rather leave everything here than you leave and never come back." This was the truth. I've never fully lived with my parents, I wouldn't miss them. Becky would come and visit from time to time and she was the only friend I really had. There was nothing for me here.

"Alright, but the first sign of depression I see from you I'm taking you back." He grinned. He knew I suffered from depression from time to time but it was nothing serious.

"Fine then, and the first beer I see in your hand automatically becomes mine." I stuck my tongue out at him and he laughed.

"I don't drink all that much." He pulled a face full of innocence but couldn't hold it and grinned instead.

"Yeah, that's why you were drunk earlier and told me throughout the school year what kind of parties you would go to. How you would be totally wasted and sometimes high and end up sleeping with some random girl and maybe a guy or two, but the last part is just a guess." His grin faded and was replaced by a look of horror, then that faded and was replaced by a smirk.

"You know me too well, but I've never had sex with a guy. Though I do find them attractive from time to time. This is way off subject! Shouldn't you be packing?" He let go of me and pushed me slightly towards my suitcase.

There were things I just couldn't leave. Like my books, movies, Playstation 2, Xbox 360 and my Wii. I fit them in next to my safe and piled my underwear and bra's on top of them. I turned to see Chris staring at my suitcase.

"You are such a nerd." I stated, not looking at me but still at my suitcase.

"I am not! I just like games. They're fun." I stuck my tongue out at him and went to grab pictures off of my deck along with my laptop. I put them on top of my underwear and zipped the suitcase up. I turned again and ran out of the room, down the stairs and into the kitchen.

My parents had also gotten me dishes that I could take to college when I went. They were plastic so I was sure they wouldn't break. I grabbed them and turned around to see Chris leaning against the wall.

"Seriously? Dishes?" He was looking impatient now, but I didn't care. He didn't have many.

"We'll need them. Really, I'm going to make fun of you and everything you pack into your suitcase. So hush up." I ran past him with the box in my hands and brought it upstairs to put it into my carry-on suitcase. I then put my straightener, my hair dryer, shampoo, conditioner, makeup and towels in it. I was almost done after I zipped it up I grabbed my comforter off my bed, folded it and put it on top of my big suitcase.

"Are we going to get a bed?" I asked staring at my own. He had just come into the room.

"First thing when we arrive, we'll go buy things. I have money, who needs a life savings." He came to me and put his arm around my waist. "You'll come back, you'll have Christmas and Thanksgiving every year. Hopefully nothing goes around the school and gets to your parents so I'd be able to come with you." He pulled me toward him, hugged me and then let me go to pick up my biggest suitcase and the middle one.

He headed out the door and down the stairs. I grabbed my carry-on and walked to the doorway. I took one last look at my room. It seemed bare, no sheets on the bed, nothing on the dresser or in the closet.

"Goodbye." I whispered and turned off the light before heading out into the real world.
♠ ♠ ♠
I remember leaving my room. That's exactly how I felt about it too. I almost cried when I flipped off the light for the last time. ]:
What do you guys think is going to happen to Chris and Charlie? I want to hear your opinions [: so comment and tell me motha fuckaaas! baha
Here's Charlie's Luggage and I never posted a picture of Chris's Car