Sequel: Going Down In History

Today In History

Run Away Running Away

I woke up alone. I was cold and Chris's body wasn't there to warm me up. In it's place lay a piece of paper with his messy hand writing scratched onto it. Went to check out a job and to get breakfast. Be back at 12 I glanced at the alarm clock that sat on the bedside table, it read 11.

I sighed, got out of bed and looked for something to do for an hour while he was gone. I decided on getting dressed and putting makeup on. I had to apply for schools today and look for a job too, so I didn't want to look bad. I took my time but that didn't waste too much of it. It was 11:30 when I was finished.

I turned the T.V. and flipped through the channels. There was only stupid talk shows, soap operas and children's shows on. I was getting mad and restless now. I looked around the room for something else to do and my eyes landed on Chris's computer. I walked over to it and plucked it off the table before sitting on the bed with it on my lap.

Chris told me his password a long time ago when he wanted me to do things for him. I was surprised when it loaded to see Chris's email popped up. He must have checked it before he left and left in a hurry. I was about to close out of it when an email caught my attention. It was titled Liar.

I opened it out of curiosity, but I wish I wouldn't have. It took a while to load but as soon as it did it was filled with pictures that made my heart sink. There were pictures of Chris and some girl at a party. They were all over each other. I looked at the date of the pictures. Friday. At the party, the same party I was at.

I heard the door open but all I could do was stare at the pictures. Chris walked up behind me to see what I was doing and stopped dead in his tracks. I had tears in my eyes now.

"Charlie.." My head snapped up in his direction but all I could do was give him a teary-eyed glare. I stood up against him, after everything we had done for each other. He opened his mouth to say something but I didn't let him. I raised my hand and slapped him across the face as hard as I could. He fell to the floor and I was heading for the door.

I heard him get up and follow me, but I was already into the elevator and heading down to the lobby to leave. I couldn't hold back hysterics anymore. My makeup was bleeding but I didn't care. I wiped at my eyes, causing my hands to turn black with the mascara and eyeliner.

I was in the lobby now and nobody paid attention to me when I ran out onto the street. I didn't know where I was going but I didn't care. I just ran, ran as fast as I could. I bumped into people and they yelled at me to slow down, but I didn't listen.

I was in a shaded ally now. I sat down, pretty sure that Chris had no clue where I had gone. I pulled my knees up to my chest and just cried. I cried as hard as I ever had in my life.

"Are you okay?" My head shot up to see nobody around me. A boy stepped out from behind a dumpster and came towards me. He was dressed in a ripped black shirt and tight black jeans. He spoke up again. "Are you okay?"

I shook my head, not finding the words to explain how exactly I was feeling right now. He came and sat beside me, put an arm around my shoulders and said nothing more. I just cried into his chest, probably staining his skin through his shirt.

After a while the tears would fall anymore. My eyes were dried and itchy and my mouth was dry. I picked my head off his chest and wiped my hands under my eyes.

"That's not going to be much of a help. Your face is streaked black." He chuckled to himself but again I said nothing. "Did you loose your voice?" He stared down at me as he stood up.

"I wish I had." I forced out. It was hard to speak, my throat hurt and the sound came out raspy and broken. He held down his hand to help me up. I looked at it skeptically and did nothing.

"Come on, it's just a hand." I reluctantly grabbed it and let him pull me to my feet. I had been sitting so long that my legs had gone numb. I almost fell back over but he caught me and steadied me. "You have anywhere to go?"

"No. I did, but now I don't." He nodded and lead me through the ally by my hand. At this point I didn't care what happened, where I went or with who. I didn't feel anything. Fear, sadness, happiness, everything was gone. I say anything as he lead me onto streets, into allies or over fences. I just followed him.

We finally came to a building that seemed like a run down apartment. He lead me through the door and up the stairs, finally going into a room. There were more people there than just us. I noticed two girls, one was blonde and the other had bright red hair that went down her back in loose curls. There were also three guys other than the one who had led me here. One had sandy blond hair, one had bright blue hair and one had green hair.

The red head came and walked up to me, sticking out her hand. "I'm Alex," she stated. I shook her hand and she lead me to the group of people. "This is Bryce," she pointed to the sandy blond, "this is Jason," blue head, "this is Mike," green head, "this is Tyler" blonde girl "and you've already met Joey." She turned to the boy who had brought me here, indicating his name was Joey.

Joey came to stand by me and slung an arm over my shoulders. "This is," he trailed off, "I don't know, what's your name kid?"

"Charlie and I'm not a kid." He grinned and lead me in to sit on a couch. I was confused as to wear I was but I didn't let it show.

"So what are you doing in San Diego Charlie?" Alex asked turning away from the conversation she was having with everyone else.

"Oh, I came here with my boyfriend." I choked on the last word. I was pretty sure Chris was wandering the streets looking for me. This made me feel guilty. He probably had an explanation for the pictures but I never gave him the chance.

"And where is your boyfriend now?" I was really hoping she wouldn't ask this question.

"We kind of had a fight. I ran out on him and I don't know where he is now." The look on her face was suspicious.

"What kind of fight?" I couldn't really tell her without giving her the whole story of Chris and I. I just shook my head. She understood that I didn't want to talk about it.

I was exhausted. I decided to lay down on the couch and before I knew it I was asleep. I kept hearing voices but after a while I heard none and I was plummeted into a dream state.

I was back in the hotel room by myself. Nothing had changed and I was looking at Chris's computer at the photos that weren't there. Nothing was there, just me and the computer. All of my things were gone and so were Chris's. "Charlie." A voice called to me but it came from nowhere. "Charlie." It was Chris's voice. I got out of bed and tried to follow it. Leading me to the bathroom. I opened the door and there he was. He tongue down the girl in the photo's throat. I stared at him and heard him and the girl laugh. "You know, I do love you."

"No. no, no, no, no." I was being shaken awake when I heard these words. I didn't realize until my eyes were open that they were my own. I stared the the people in front of me.

"You were crying and whimpering." Joey stated. He was obviously the one who had woken me up. I got out of bed and headed towards the door. "Where are you going?" Joey called after me.

"I have to talk to Chris." Was all I said and I was out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay tell me guys, what do you think is about to happen? I really want to know what your thinking [: still at 92 subscribers! let's make it 100! even though I'm almost up to 600 readers but still ;D I'm selfish hahaha
lets get these comments up also!
but yeah
tell me what you think is going to happen.