Sequel: Going Down In History

Today In History

Forgiven, Not Forgotten

The walk inside the hotel was a quiet one. Chris followed by my side and couldn't so much as look at me, he just kept his head down and walked. Once we were inside the room I allowed him to sit on the bed. I stared hard at his face, not revealing any emotion on my own. He was playing with his hands again, feeling uncomfortable under my gaze. I resisted the urge to go sit next to him and tell him everything was okay. But what was okay about what he was about to explain to me.

"Charlie.." He was still looking at his feet. I just leaned against the wall waiting for his explanation. I didn't want to come off as ruthless but I didn't want to come off as gullible either. So there I was, leaning against the wall, staring at the man I had only been dating a little over a week. He finally looked up, but not directly at me. His eyes were brimming with tears and I felt a pang of guilt in my heart. Still I didn't nothing but stare at him. He sighed. "Where do you want me to begin?"

"The pictures." My voice was cold and I saw him wince at it. I chose the one that would hurt me more. I didn't want my heart to swell up again and be shot down immediately at what the man was saying.

"Well." He trailed off. One of his hands went through his hair and pinched at the skin on the back of his neck. He was looking for words to say so I wouldn't feel too upset. "I guess it started when you saw me with Valerie. You ran off and I didn't know what to do. I was upset by everything and wanted a way to get rid of the pain. My friend told me about this party and I thought it the perfect opportunity. I drank as much as I could when I first got there, my mind was hazy and I didn't know what I was doing. You know the next part about the girl wanting to dance." He winced again at the memory and just then, looked me in the eyes. "Then I saw you. You had your back turned but I knew it was you. I shoved the girl away and followed you up the stairs. Once I saw your face, I immediately sobered up, I needed to talk to you, I just needed to touch you again. I know this sounds corny and all, but you're like the air I breathe. I need you to survive."

I nodded once. Emotion was still vacant from my face but I think he saw a twinge in my eye. That gave him hope and I could tell that he cheered a little at it. "What Joey said." I stated, my voice still cold and with a bit of venom. I saw the hope disappear from his face and wanted nothing more than to replace it by running to him, but my pride was too prominent. I could tell that this was the subject he didn't want to come across.

"Let me start by saying who Joey was. A former student of mine. I met him when I had to do my year of student training in Los Angeles. He hated me after what happened; which is this. I was at a party, I spent a lot of my time at those. I had met this girl who I thought was hot. We hooked up and got into a small relationship until about a week after the party when I saw her at school and was horrified. I broke it off that night because I realized she was a student and didn't want anything to ruin my chosen career. Joey was friends with her and hated me ever since I broke his best friends heart." He stood up and walked up to me, still staring me in the eyes. Still, no emotion showed on my face when he placed his hands on my hips and stared at me. "When I met you, I knew that risking my career to be with you was worth it."

I broke. My face turned into a look of relief and his boasted a huge grin of happiness. I could feel his breath on my face and his lips grazed mine. All the tension that was previously in the room had burst and now we were paying tribute to it.

He leaned forward and kissed me. An eruption of happiness burst my heart and I was kissing him back. I wrapped my arms around his neck as our kisses grew deeper. I felt him turning me and we started to back up. The back of my knees hit the foot of the bed and I toppled onto it, him landing on top of me.

Our kiss never broke once. My hands were running up his sides and he let a small moan escape his lips before finally breaking our kiss and moving down to my neck. I got goosebumps when his warmth was touching my rather cold skin. I pulled his lips back to mine, where they needed to be. He nibbled on my bottom lip and I suppressed the urge to rip off his clothes. My hands were now playing with the hem of his shirt.

"Charlie-" he whispered against my mouth. I chose to ignore him. "Charlie." He pulled away and looked me in the eyes. I didn't want to talk now. My lips moved to his neck and I began kissing and biting at random spots. I heard him moan as I bit him right where I could feel his pulse. "Charlie.. stop... oh god.. stop.. please.." He moaned again just before I pulled my lips from his neck to look at him. He tried catching his breath, but it didn't work very well. I could tell that the save goosebumps that went down my spin were now finding their way down his. He closed his eyes tightly trying to get his thoughts together. "Do you forgive me?" This was all he said, opening his eyes and looking directly into mine.

"I forgive you." I said softly and he closed the gap between us again, this time with a little more urgency. His hands were running down my sides, finding the bottom of my shirt and pulling it over my head. His lips moved to my neck and to my shoulder. A moan escaped my lips and I quickly discarded his shirt to the floor beside mine.

I heard him sigh against my neck, knowing too well that he was about to stop. And he did. He rolled off of me and pulled me into his chest. I groaned in protest. He brushed a hair from my eyes, looking straight into them.

"If we had been any farther, I wouldn't have helped myself." He whispered, giving me a soft smile.

"Then why didn't you keep going?" He knew I was disappointed in his decision. Right now I wanted nothing more than him to keep kissing me and to feel his body pressed against mine. Teenage angst was getting the best of me.

"You've had too rough of a day for me to take advantage of you like this." He kissed my forehead and kept his arms wrapped tightly around me. "I love you." He looked straight into my eyes.

"I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
OMG it's been 4 days since I've updated... that seems like an unusual amount of time seeing as how I update like everyday now and maybe sometimes twice a day. Oh well! Sorry to say but this is the last chapter [: I'll start the sequel tomorrow if I get the chance to. :D how did you guys like it the story?!?!?! Tell me!
The Sequel will be called
Going Down In History
because I can't think of a better title. So be sure to look for it tomorrow or maybe Thursday if I don't get the chance to write tomorrow. Which I doubt that because all I have is time [:

**Update**
here is the link to the sequel
here