Status: -[06/24/2011]- Currently being re-edited. (:

Only in the Moonlight Does This Feel Right

Family Feud

June 17, 1892

Dear Diary,

Today I have inherited my mother’s old diary—you, in other words. I have no exact reason why, but to my knowledge, this book has been given from mother to daughter for generations. I suppose that I will give this to my own daughter when I feel that it is time to do so. I’m afraid I’ll have to continue this entry later.

Sincerely,

Susan


. . .


September 6, 1939

Dear Diary,

I don’t know why, but my mother gave me her diary. Something about, ‘you’ll soon give this to your daughter’. I’m not quite sure myself. Apparently this has been passed down from mother to daughter for years—it dates back to 1789! The first page is pretty… creepy to say the least. The back cover is thicker than the front, and it has a clasp on the inside for some reason. I tried to open it, but it’s shut for good. I can’t get it open. Mom’s calling—I’ll write later.

Bye,

Anna


. . .


April 17, 1965

Hey,

My name’s Jenna. This belonged to my mother, but she passed away last week in a fire. I’ve noticed that this used to belong to my grandma, her mother, her mother’s mother, and so on. I’m not very fond of the whole concept of a ‘diary’ because most people say that it’s supposed to be used to write your dreams and such in, so I’m afraid I won’t be writing in this thing so much. I’m more about going out and doing rather than writing and thinking. That’s what this age is all about after all.

Peace and Love,

Jenna baby ♥


. . .


February 28, 1999

Dear Diary,

In you I’ve always confided since the death of my mother, Jennifer, in the crash. Now I fear that this may be the last time for me to ever write to you. Something’s after me, and I fear that "thing" may not even be human. I’ve written my will, and I feel that if I do, I will die a happy woman. I’ve mothered my two children, Jade and Christian. I’ve met my husband and love him dearly. My life is complete. So with this, I say goodbye. I wish my family the best of luck in the future—with me there or not.

Goodbye,

Sandra


. . .


She read through the journals of her past ancestors, marveling at their words — their life. However, her mother's entry intrigued her the most.

She had known that she was going to die soon. She thought. How is that even possible...?

"Enjoying the book mom left you?"

She looked up at the door frame that her brother, Christian, stood in before answering. "Um, yeah..." She murmured quietly, closing it and holding it close to her body, afraid that if she let it go she'd never see it again. "Is there something you needed?"

Christian sighed tiredly, sauntering over to his sister's bed and sitting down beside her. "Jade, you're my little sister and I love the hell out of you," He began, laughing as he ruffled her hair, earning a small smile. "But please, you have to let mom go. She's not coming back — I'm sorry, but... she's just gone." He said, his eyes a darker brown than usual as they showed his sorrow. "I loved her too, but my guess is that she wouldn't want us to wallow and mourn about her forever. It's time to move on. She died years ago, Jade — time to move on."

Jade sighed and gave a slight nod of the head. "I know Chris, it's just so hard. I mean, you or dad didn't have the connection we had." She explained. "I'm almost over the incident though, I promise."

Christian nodded and gave his younger sister. "Take your time, Jade. I just hate seeing you so depressed. It's not you — the real you." He told her. "Oh... and dad wants to talk to us, so come down when you're ready. Just hurry though, you know he gets impatient."

Jade gave a quick nod as her brother exited the room. She then hid the diary away in it's usual spot before walking out and heading downstairs. Jade entered the dining room where she saw Christian and her father sitting at the table, and joined them, pulling out an empty chair and plopping down on it.

Once noticing the family was together, her father began to make the announcement. "Jade, Christian, there's something that I've wanted to tell you for some time now." He began. "We're moving.... well, at least you two are."

"What?" Christian inquired, a certain edge to his voice. "What the hell does that mean — 'at least you two are'?"

"Christian, keep your voice down." He demanded, Christian glared at his father but did as he was told nonetheless. "As I was saying, you two will be moving away. I'm afraid that I've done some horrible things financially and I can't support you both anymore... barely myself even. We've been getting this far because I've been loaning money from relatives. We all know that I can't do that forever."

"So where are we supposed to go exactly?" Christian questioned bitterly, trying to control his anger.

"You'll both be going to live with my sister — your Aunt Emily." He answered. "You wouldn't remember her; you both met her only as babies. She's a nice woman. I know you'll both like her."

"More than you, that's for sure. I mean, you can't even take care of your children." Christian mumbled under his breath.

"Christian!!" Their father barked angrily. "As soon as I get back on my feet, you're coming home! This is only temporary!!"

"Well, sometimes I think it'd be better if it were permanent! You've been nothing but a shitty excuse for a dad since mom died! You're too damn caught up with the past to focus on the future!"

“Christian, go upstairs and just start packing! Your plane leaves tomorrow at noon!”

“Oh, so you can afford to pay for airplane tickets?” Christian snarled.

“GO UPSTAIRS DAMMIT!”

Jade flinched at the anger in her father's words. He looked at his daughter which caused her to grow nervous. "You too, Jade." He growled out, restraining himself from taking his anger out on her as well.

Nodding quickly, she practically ran upstairs and into her bedroom. Jade closed the door behind her and got out suitcases, stuffing them with all her belongings and valuables.

. . .


The following day, Christian and Jade were dropped off at JFK Airport by their father. Things were still on edge and so the three of them said their quick goodbyes and were wished a safe trip by him.

"Come on, Jade, we don 't need someone like that." Chris said, guiding her into the building.

After they had gone through security, and had boarded their plane, the plane took off. Hours had passed and the siblings soon arrived at Port Angeles Airport. The two of them were thankful to be off the plane.

"Do we have to get a taxi?" Jade asked as they walked out.

"Emily's supposed to be waiting for us."

Christian and Jade traveled down the terminals and soon walked out of the building. Jade soon took notice of a woman who was staring at the two of them curiously. Her hair was jet black and reached a bit past her shoulders. Her pearly white smile stuck out perfectly against her tanned skin. Diagonal scars marred the skin on her face and Jade was a bit shocked at them, and she soon looked away from them immediately.

She made her way over to the brother and sister and Jade was wondering what the woman could've wanted. "Hello," She greeted. "I'm sorry to bother you, but my names Emily Young. You wouldn't happen to be Jade and Christian Young would you?"

"You're Aunt Emily?" Chris inquired, and was soon answered with a warm smile and a nod. "I'm Chris and this is my little sister, Jade. It's nice to meet you."

He shook her hand and Emily pulled him into a hug. The two pulled away and Emily then engulfed Jade next, who constantly reminded herself to not stare at the scars.

“Come on now, the drive to La Push isn’t exactly pleasant.” Emily stated, guiding them out of the airport and into the parking garage where they got into the truck
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading this. I hope that you enjoy this series. Things will become more interesting in the chapters to come. Please feel free to comment with your thoughts and feedback--it is ALWAYS appreciated, no matter how small a message.
Thanks! :)