Status: -[06/24/2011]- Currently being re-edited. (:

Only in the Moonlight Does This Feel Right

Chapter 13 - The Notebook

Someone was gently rubbing my hand with their thumb. The heat that radiated off of them and their large muscular figure made it obvious to me—Jacob. I smiled and turned onto my stomach, and dug my head into his chest, taking in his scent. He smelled nice, and I just wanted to continue to bask in it…

But of course I couldn’t…

“Jade, Jacob, breakfast!” Emily’s voice rang from downstairs.

I moaned in frustration and dug myself further into bliss, or at least tried to. Jacob pulled away and looked at me, a smile on his lips.

“Stop, I just wanna smell you,” I pouted and pulled myself closer.

He laughed, and I blushed, although didn’t really care because I was back where I had wanted to be.

“Never heard that one before,” He mumbled. “But I’m not complaining, either,” He kissed the top of my head and pulled me closer to his body.

“Good… now shut up,” I smiled into his shirt.

“Touchy, touchy,” He teased and pulled me away. “No more smelling for you.” He got up from the bed and I sat up and watched him walk to the door and grab the knob. “Oh, and get dressed, I don’t think the others want to see you in that… besides me.” He motioned to my short shorts and camisole that was slightly misaligned. I quickly fixed it, and looked back up at him. “Make sure that it’s something comfortable because me and you are going out.”

He closed the door behind him and I sighed. I really didn’t want to get out of bed. I was still tired from last night’s wacko dream that made me wake up in the middle of the morning…

I shrugged the matter off, jumped off of my bed and went to the dresser. I got out some clothes and headed into the bathroom for a quick shower. Afterward, I had a towel around my shoulders, my drenched locks of hair resting on it, and I was bounding down the stairs and into the dining room.

“Morning,” I said, much more awake.

People said their own hellos and I sat down next to Jake. I grabbed a plate, and began to serve myself what I craved from the table and got a glass of juice from Emily. Breakfast was a bit quiet, only a bit of chit chat throughout it, but I enjoyed the change of pace.

Soon it was only Jacob and I finishing up, taking our time. I soon finished, handing my plate off to Emily who was washing dishes, and waited patiently for Jacob.

I placed my hand onto his knee as I waited and rubbed it soothingly, “Take your time, don’t stuff it all down.” I chuckled.

He looked at me, cheeks full with food, and nodded as he slowed down and ate the rest of the meal at a normal pace for once.

Jake cleaned up and soon yanked me outside the house. I looked for his Rabbit, but it was no where in sight.

“Where’s the car?” I asked.

“I went home before you woke up, and brought something else,” He said, and guided me down the porch. I looked to the side and saw a black motorcycle. It was sleek, cleaned, and looked brand new. I believed it was a Harley Sprint, although I wasn’t sure which edition. “Remember when we went into town to buy some parts for my bike? Well, I finally finished it yesterday and thought that I’d try it out today with you.”

“Don’t I feel special,” I laughed and hugged him. “Looks nice,”

He led me towards it and handed me an extra helmet as he slipped his own on. I put it on and got onto the bike after him. I scooted up close to him and wrapped my arms round his waist, my hands barely touching each other due to his large figure. I leaned my head onto his shoulder, letting him know that I was ready.

“Here we go,” I heard, and then the motorcycle roared, coming alive, the engine shaking with eagerness to let loose and roam the road.

“You ready?” Jacob had to nearly shout for me to hear.

“Yea!” I nodded, becoming excited as butterflies flew around my stomach.

This was the first time that I had ever ridden a motorcycle, so the butterflies kept getting more rampant and rampant. I felt like I was ready to burst, the smile on my lips unwilling to fall off. Finally, we were off onto the road and I laughed happily, unable to contain myself any longer.

We zoomed by all the trees, and I felt free as I watched them pass us by quickly. It was such an exhilaration…! And being with Jacob… well, that made it all the more great. The cool air brushed against my skin, chilling me to the bone, and as a result, I scooted up closer to Jake, holding him as tight to me as I possibly could to steal a little bit of his body heat.

After about an hour of non-stop riding, we arrived in Port Angeles. Jacob slowed down to obey the speed limit and pulled into a parking lot. We found one that wasn’t too faraway from the exit and parked it right there, getting off it.

“Jacob that was awesome,” I smiled. “I’ve never done that before!”

He smiled, hearing my satisfaction, and laughed. “Good, I’m glad I was your first.” His eyes opened wide a little, and some pink on his cheeks was barely visible on his tanned skin. “I—er—I mean…” He groaned and rolled his eyes. “You know what I mean.”

I laughed and nodded. “Yea, I know,” I said. “So, what were we going to do here?”

“I don’t know,” He shrugged, and I gave him the ‘you’ve-got-to-be-kidding’ look. “Just hang out. We never get to do that when everyone’s hanging around us and pulling me away every five minutes. I just want to be with you, and not have to worry about having someone take me away from you for even a second, Jade.”

I smiled. “Alright, then,” I sighed. “Let’s go and look for something to do.”
He nodded and wrapped his arm around my shoulder and looked at me. “Jesus, you’re freezing,” He mumbled and pulled me into his embrace. “Aren’t you cold?”

“Yea, but I’ll warm up soon, it’s sunny,” I shrugged, but didn’t pull away from his arms.

He rubbed my back a few times, kissed the top of my head and pulled away, letting his arms rest around my shoulders. I leaned into his body and relaxed immensely. Just being with Jacob was enough to keep me content for an eternity.

We walked around the different shops. Just browsing and admiring the things that were for sale. We passed a jewelry shop, and I took a quick glance at a ring that was simple, with one green stud and a silver band.

“You wanna go catch a movie?” Jacob suggested suddenly.

“Sure,” I nodded with a smile.

He then led me across the street and into the line of people, queuing to buy their tickets.

-{}-

I was thirsty. I was craving something to drink—badly. The scorching, burning sensation in my throat was maddening, enough to make you snap at just about anyone who got in your way.

“You alright, Blake?”

I looked at my partner, Mathias, as he stood in our hideout’s entrance. He looked the usual. He didn’t sport any sort of facial expression of curiosity or concern for me, just like his voice had been so monotone seconds before. His messy golden hair and bright green eyes, dull and lifeless—his hair’s shine in-existent and his eyes’ once glimmering pools were now faded. His blood splattered white shirt and pants made it obvious that he had just come back from getting something to eat, the still noticeable smell of the crimson wine calling to me.

“I’m fine,” I muttered and stood up from the seat I had occupied. “I’m going out. See ya.”

I walked down the cave’s dark passageway and soon walked out into the dark night. The cave rested on a large mountainside, and so I was able to see everything for miles upon miles, making it easier on me to go and find a pathetic human or group of humans who were going for a hike up here.

Unfortunately, it wouldn’t be that easy tonight, and so I took a running start before jumping off and falling down the side of the large mountain gracefully. I landed with a crunch upon the many leaves and heard the animals that occupied this forest run and scurry away with fright at the loud sound… and at my smell.

I took off, whizzing by trees and large deer an elk before I came to a paved road. I heard the busy engine of a motorcycle and I smirked. Time for dinner, I thought hungrily.

I hid back in the brush and waited a minute before the one light in the front of the vehicle came zooming by. I rushed after and knocked the man off his back and onto the gravel.

He cried in pain and stared up at me in shock. “What the fuck!” He shouted angrily and stood up from the ground, holding his head in pain. “What the fuck is your problem you fucking idiot! Are you really that stupid! How’d you knock me over anyways?!” He ranted on, and I just stood there smirking at him and his ignorant self. “Are you going to answer me shit-head?!”

I chuckled darkly before rushing to his side and grabbing his throat, hoisting him up in the air. His heart rate accelerated and I felt the blood flow quicker and quicker still under my hand as his breathing became faster; how I just wanted to rip his head off his shoulders and drink him in.

Too bad I just loved playing with my food…

“You really shouldn’t talk like that to someone who has the upper hand,” I grinned evilly, showing my extended and more sharpened canines. “Especially when they can kill you quickly,” I threw him into a tree and watched his form crumple to the ground. I looked at his bike which was laying on its side. I took the handle and tossed it into a tree nearby him and watched it burst into flames at the collision. I watched as the vehicle fell to the floor and continued to burn, and soon turned to face the boy. He had a shocked and frightened facial expression.

I could tell the adrenaline had entered his bloodstream by the way his heart continued to quicken. I smirked at the fact I was causing him to being to tremble with fear.

“See what I mean?” I smiled and once again exposed my teeth. He could only nod in agreement slowly before he crawled backwards against the tree, jumping slightly when he met the bark.

I put up a black barrier as I heard the pounding of their paws—the shape shifters growing nearer. I didn’t want my fun to be over with, this was too fun.

“Wh-what is this?” He asked frantically.

“This,” I tapped the barrier, and at my touch it glowed and faded back to black. “Is a barrier that I’ve created. Everything outside this barrier, is stopped—see?” I looked outside and pointed at a crow that was just taking off into the sky, it paused like a movie on a television screen. “Interesting isn’t it?”

“Wh-what do you want with me? Do you want money?! I have some! Fifty bucks—it’s not much, I know, but it’s all that I got on me, man!” He shouted and got out the five tens that were in his pocket. “Here, take it, I don’t want it!”

“What’s your name?” I inquired.

“John, some people call me Johnny,” He stammered out quickly.

“I’m Blake,” I smiled, taunting him. “Tell me Johnny, is there a reason why I shouldn’t kill you tonight?”

“Yes!” He shouted, and I looked at him expectantly, waiting for an answer. “I-I-I,” He stuttered like a fool, and all I could do was let my lips curve upwards. “There’s this girl that I want to get as my girlfriend.” It was obviously a lie, his eyes gave it away.

“Oh really, what’s her name?”

“Jade, I don’t know her last name though,”

“What does she look like,” I questioned immediately.

“Er, uh, brown hair, light skin,” He mumbled. “There’s always a bulky tan guy who follows her around. Looks Indian or something.”

“It seems… I feel that I can’t kill you.” I said and sighed. “But I will, unless you do something for me.”

“Anything!”

“Get me that girl, or better yet,” I reached into my pocket and pulled out a locket. It had once belonged to her mom, but Mathias and I had tampered with it and made it into a tracking device if you will. “Slip this into her pocket.”

“Yea, dude, anything,” He nodded. “How do you know her?”

“Family friends,” I smirked. “If you do this for me, I won’t kill you. Do we have a deal?”

“Yea…” He nodded. “But, what are you?”

“A vampire,” I simply smiled, getting too cocky for my own good now. “Naturally, this won't be spoken of. Meet me back here in one week, if you don’t, well, it’s not like it’s any sort of trouble following your scent and making your life a living hell.”

I heard the almost inaudible gulp and watched his Adam’s apple go up and down as his saliva traveled down his esophagus. “N-no, I’ll do it, don’t you worry,” He slowly nodded.

“Good,” I smiled, and took out my wallet. “Here’s money for your bike,” I said and threw a few hundred dollar bills onto the floor. “Go buy yourself some new clothes too,” I pointed at his ripped and stained pants and shirt, the only decent clothing on his body being his black leather jacket.

“Yea, thanks,” He nodded.

“Back here in a week, Johnny,” I reminded, and soon was zooming off to find a different meal for my thirst.

-{}-

“For once, it was a pretty decent movie,” Jacob said, slightly shocked.

“I know, it had a better story line,” I nodded.

“I mean, there were a few parts that were obviously fake, but… it didn’t suck as much as that one I went to go see with a friend a while back.” He chuckled to himself.

“What was it called?”

“‘Face Punch,’”

I laughed. “I don’t know why you would go and see a movie that was called, ‘Face Punch’.” I said.

“Neither do I,” He laughed.

“So now, where do you want to go?”

“I don’t care, where do you want to?”

“Well, I’m still pretty new around here so, you choose,”

“I chose the movie, now it’s your turn to choose something else,”

“Um, okay, well, how about we got get something to eat, I mean, I’m sure that you’re stomach is gonna give out soon enough.” I suggested.

“Sounds great,” He nodded and let his fingers entangle themselves with my own as we began to walk in search of a restaurant.

We had decided that we would go and eat at the diner we had gone to during the summer. We soon arrived a few minutes later and walked up to the entrance, as we were about to enter, someone shoved me, sending me backwards—thankfully Jacob was there to catch me as I lost my footing.

We looked up and saw a man. We had met him before at the auto shop, and if I recall correctly, his name was Johnny. His greasy hair and tattered clothes were the same and he looked the same as last time.

“Watch where you’re going,” Jake growled lowly.

“Sorry,” Johnny mumbled and helped me back up along with Jacob before walking off and away from us.

“You alright?” Jake asked with concern.

“Yea, nothing’s wrong,” I nodded, and then smiled at him. “Thanks for catching me,”

He nodded with a small smile and held the door open for me as we walked inside. We were immediately led to a table and handed menus.

It was now late at night, and I had to admit that I was beginning to feel slightly drowsy. My body relaxed into his, and my eyes were beginning to become droopy, only staying halfway open. I stifled a yawn and found myself getting more closer to Jacob.

“You’re getting tired…” Jake mused thoughtfully.

“No, I’m fine,” I disagreed.

He looked down at me and rolled his eyes, a small smile tugging on his lips. “Get on my back, and I’ll carry you,”

“No, I’m fine,” I repeated. “Thanks though,” My body betrayed me and I couldn’t stifle the yawn like I had last time.

Jacob gave me an ‘I-told-you-so’ look with a smirk and I sighed, rolling my eyes as I hopped onto his back. My legs wrapped his waist, his hands holding my thighs for my support, and my arms wrapped around his neck loosely. I kissed his neck softly as a thank you for carrying me and I noticed his lips curve upwards slowly into a smile, which in turn made me smile automatically.

I looked up at the sky and felt so much closer to the stars. Jacob had probably lifted me up two feet from my usual height due to his six-foot figure. I felt like I was looking at things from a new perspective. Which, in a way, I was. I was seeing things through Jacob’s eyes.

Jake carried me back to the parking structure where we got onto the bike and soon took off back home to La Push. Halfway home, it started to rain, slow at first, but then it became harder. I was sure to get a high fever tomorrow with the water splattering on my exposed skin, and the 50 mile-per-hour winds whipping against my body. I unconsciously scooted closer to Jake in response to the sudden change in my body temperature.

We got home at around 10:30 at night, and the house looked completely dead. The lights were turned off and the only noise was the pitter patter of droplets hitting the roof. Jacob killed the engine immediately as we came to a stop, helped me off the bike and rushed with me into the house.

He pulled me into his arms and held me closely to his body. “God, you’re freezing cold,” he said, and held me tighter. I could only nod and relax into his heated body, secretly loving the warmth he was emitting.

After a minute we separated and walked up into my room, and I turned to face Jacob.

“Today was great,” I smiled.

“Glad to hear it,” He replied and kissed my lips softly. “I’ll see you tomorrow, Billy doesn’t want me to stay out too late tonight.”

“’Kay,” I nodded. “Bye, Jake,”

“Bye Jade,” He said and I watched him close the door behind him as he left the room.

I sighed and took off my jeans, tossing them to the side. There was a slight clinking sound of metal as they hit the wooden floor and I stared at the pants in confusion. I was pretty sure that I hadn’t left the house with anything in my pants, nor did I put any change into them when I was out with Jacob. I quickly pulled up some snug grey sweats and looked through the pockets. I pulled out a locket that was beautifully engraved.

I put the locket onto my dresser and ran downstairs and out the door. “Jake!” I yelled and jumped on him as he turned around.

My lips clashed with his and he grabbed me by my thighs. He was shocked the first few seconds but fell into the kiss. Nothing mattered in the moment—just us. I wrapped my arms around his neck and made sure there was no gap between us. He licked my bottom lip for entrance and I granted it eagerly. His tongue roamed my mouth for a while before we fought for dominance—which he won for obvious reasons. We separated and then stared into each others eyes before Jacob carried me back underneath the porch, seeing as I was actually barefoot, and set me down onto the ground.

“Thanks… for everything,” I smiled breathlessly.

He moved a few strands of my now drenched and stringy hair out of my face and kissed my forehead softly. “I’d do anything for you, Jade,” He said quietly.

“Me too,” I nodded and kissed his jaw line.

“Okay then, get back inside before you freeze to death. It’d kill me.” He said.

I rolled my eyes, but nodded in understanding all the same. “Fine, I’ll see you tomorrow,”

“Bye Jade,” He said and kissed me once more before taking off into the rain on his bike.

I sighed sadly and returned inside, marching up the stairs and into my room. I grabbed some new clothes and retreated into the bathroom.

I thought about the kiss that had just took place and smiled to myself as I stepped into the tub, the scorching water splashing against my body. Feels like something out of ‘The Notebook’, I thought as I quietly laughed to myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
What will happen next? ;D lol keep reading to find out!