Status: -[06/24/2011]- Currently being re-edited. (:

Only in the Moonlight Does This Feel Right

Chapter 15 - Solitude

My motorcycle sped through the winding road. It was midnight and the only source of light was from my one circular headlight, showing the way up the black asphalt. Soon I was where I needed to be, and killed the engine after pulling over to the side.

And so I waited. I must’ve waited for a good 15 minutes before he showed up.

“So you’re not stupid after all,” His voice chuckled. “Good to see you again, Johnny.” Blake appeared from the forest and looked the same as ever. “Did you do as I asked?”

“Yea, I snuck it into her pocket,” I nodded.

“Good job, Johnny, I knew you’d pull through.” He smirked. “Now, besides letting you keep your life, is there any way that I can thank you?”

I looked around, just avoiding eye contact with him. Was I supposed to ask him for anything, or would he go ballistic because I did ask him and he thinks keeping my life would be enough?

…Am I just over thinking this…?

“Anything at all…?” Blake questioned.

I thought for a moment. Was there something I wanted—money, a new bike, more money…? No, I could just get all those things by stealing them. I wanted something no one would have access to so easily. It wasn’t materialistic in the least…

Immortality—that was what I had my mind set on.

“I want to become a vampire,” My mouth spoke.

Blake gave me a questioning glance before the usual smirk reappeared and he sauntered over to me, the leaves underneath his feat crunching. “I see, you want to have power, endless money, endless women, endless life.” He said. “Nice choice. However,” He paused and I gulped, hopefully he didn’t hear it, but I knew he had once a low chuckle escaped him. “If you are to be changed, there’s one thing that I need you to do.”

“Anything,” I nodded.

“Good, good… It’s nothing big, I promise you—just a little favor.” He motioned for me to follow him into the woods. “Bring your bike; I can explain it to you on the way to where my partner, Mathias, and I stay.”

I then grabbed the bike and began to walk it alongside Blake, and he began to explain his plan to me. This was going to be fun…

-{}-

I awoke to the smell of eggs and bacon. School was going to be starting up again today, and I was a little excited—I hadn’t seen Kim during the entire break, it was going to be great seeing her again.

Chris and I had given Emily her spa day and week off already, and she thanked us continuously during that time. She said that it was the best gift she had gotten in a while, and there was a glow about her since then.

After a minute of collecting myself, I bounded down the stairs and into the bathroom taking my usual morning shower to completely awaken my senses. The hot water felt good against my skin, and my body relaxed. I dried myself off, quickly retreated upstairs and into my room with my towel wrapped around my torso, and got dressed.

After, I walked downstairs and sat down at the table, beginning to serve myself some breakfast. Chris was beginning his third serving, while Sam was on his fourth—I still couldn’t believe these guys could eat so much. Emily joined us a moment after and the four of us were quietly eating.

“Are you excited to be going back?” Emily asked us.

“No,” Chris grunted through his food filled mouth.

“I’m just happy I’ll get to see Kim again,” I shrugged. “But not for classes. I forgot half the stuff from before break.”

“Don’t worry, you’ll be fine,” She nodded and took a bite of the eggs. “You guys should get going, you’ll be late.”

Chris and I only nodded as we got our things and left, getting into the Charger and driving off.

-{}-

You couldn’t separate Kim and me the entire day. We were glued to the hip. Jared was getting annoyed by me, but I could care less. He had seen her during winter break, I hadn’t—besides, she always hung out with him after school and got rides home from him.

As the last bell rang, Jacob was outside my classroom and smiled at me as I came out. “Hey Jade,” He greeted.

“Hey Jacob,” I replied, smiling back.

“I was thinking, do you wanna hang out right now?”

“Sure,” I nodded. “Where’d you have in mind?”

“Just thought we’d explore the woods together, like a nature hike or something,” He shrugged.

“Sounds good,”

“Great, let’s go so we have some time before it gets dark.” He said excitedly.

Jacob and I walked out and off the campus and got onto his motorcycle, soon zooming off down the road. I hugged him tightly around the waist and he shared his body heat with me as the wind collided with my body, cooling be down. Moments later, Jake parked the bike in a clearing, and we both got off. We left our things on the floor beside it and walked into the mass of trees.

“It’s nice here,” I mused.

“Yea,” Jacob nodded slowly. “C’mon, I got something to show you.” He gently took my hand within his and guided me through everything. Another clearing came up, but this one was surrounded by wildflowers and lush green grass. “What do you think?”

“I think it’s beautiful…” I said astonished. “Jacob, how’d you find this place?”

“I was just going out for a walk in the middle of the night,” He shrugged. “You like it though, right?”

“Yea, I love it,” I nodded excitedly.

Jacob smiled and pulled me into him and we went ahead and lay down on our backs onto the soft grass. He played with my hand and I only watched his face study our hands with the utmost curiosity. Soon he realized my eyes were on him and he looked into them longingly. I slowly crawled over to him and placed my lips on his.

It was nothing but a mere peck, but when we pulled apart and stared each other in the eyes, I couldn’t help but want more. His large rigid hand went to the back of my neck and slowly pulled me back down towards him, the action was hesitant, and it seemed as if he were asking me for my permission.

I pushed myself forward and our lips met once more. My hands rested upon his chest, while Jacob’s caressed my cheek and rested upon my waist.

My heart rate accelerated as it heated up.

Jacob’s tongue brushed against my bottom lip, and I eagerly let him in. His tongue explored the new territory greedily and mine soon collided with his. Jake’s hands came together and slid down and rested upon my butt and butterflies erupted in my stomach—he had never been this into it. I was embarrassed to admit it, but this was kind of turning me on.

I pulled away and looked down at him. “Why so eager?” I teased with a sly smirk.

I could faintly see a tinge of pink in his cheeks and I laughed. He smirked and rolled over, pinning me to the ground. He pressed his lips upon mine and I responded quickly—kissing back just as fiercely.

I finally decided to make my hands useful. I used my right hand to wrap around his neck and pull him closer to me, while I used my left to sneakily go down to the hem of his shirt and trace his well sculpted body that was encased within his shirt.

Jacob pulled away and smirked down at me. “Why are you so eager?” He teased back.

“I wouldn’t call this eager since I’ve already seen you shirtless many times,” I replied and stuck my tongue out at him in a childish manner.

He quickly swooped down and kissed me while my tongue was out and I playfully hit him on the arm. We broke apart laughing and sat up together.

Jacob pulled me into him and I was soon sitting on his lap. I dug my head into his chest and felt safe in his embrace.

“I really like hanging out with you, Jake,”

“Well, I really don’t know who doesn’t,”

I rolled my eyes and smiled secretly into his shirt. “So, know any more amazing places here?”

He thought for a moment. “No, but we can always go searching right now. Do you want to?”

“Yea, that sounds nice,”

Jacob and I got up from the ground and we began to head in a random direction, hoping it’d lead us to someplace worth while. Five minutes passed, all the while Jacob and I had been talking about school being back, and we arrived at a stream.

“Let’s go upstream and see where it takes us,” Jake suggested.

We followed the water that was rushing the opposite direction of us and soon saw a large waterfall. “Wow…” was all I was able to say to the sight.

“I didn’t know there was a waterfall here,” Jacob said astonished.

“Well, now you do,” I said and began to walk towards it.

“Be careful,” Jacob urged and quickly followed me.

I took my shoes and socks off and pulled my hair back into a pony tail. I was really glad I chose to wear some shorts and a tank today. I walked up to the rocky wall and found some safe footing as I began to climb up.

“Don’t fall,” I muttered to myself. 'If I do, hopefully Jacob will be able to catch me…' I thought.

Thankfully, I didn’t fall. “C’mon up,” I said happily and patted the ground beside me as I sat down, dangling my legs over the edge.

He smiled and gave a quick nod before he quickly grabbed my shoes, tossed them up for me to catch and began to climb the rock face like someone on steroids.

“Thank you,” I said sarcastically. “You made me look like a wimp compared to your climbing ‘skills’.” I laughed.

“You’re not a wimp,” He smiled. “Promise,”

“Good,” I replied. “Because I’d have to kick your butt if you said I was.”

“You’d kick my butt?”

“Well, I’d certainly kung fu it to China town,”

He laughed and stood up. “Get up,” He said.

“What?”

“Get up,” He repeated.

“Why?”

“Just get up,” He said with a smile as he rolled his eyes. When I didn’t move he bent over and picked me up. “There,”

“So what am I doing up?”

“Let me see what you can do with your moves,”

“You mean like ‘fighting’?”

“Yes, like fighting,” He nodded.

I shrugged and made my hands into fists. “I usually don’t fight boys—mostly girls, so I just make fists and grab hair.” I laughed.

“You’ve actually fought a girl before?” He questioned, laughing.

“Yes,” I nodded. “Back in New York I was quite the tough cookie.”

“Why did you fight her?”

“She was just picking on me and another girl,” I shrugged. “She was two years older than me, I sent her crying to the office.”

“When did this happen?”

“Two years ago,”

“What did you do to her?”

“I pounced on her, grabbed her hair, threw her to the ground and just started to beat her up with my fists.” I shrugged.

“Wow,” He chuckled. “I’ll make sure not to get you angry now.”

“Mhm,” I nodded with a smile. “This is getting boring; wanna play hide-n-seek?”

“A bit random, but fine,” He nodded. “Go hide.”

I smiled and ran into the woods, forgetting all about my shoes. I could hear Jake’s voice counting by one thousands, and soon could barely hear him at all. I kept running for about three minutes and soon found a tree that was easy to climb.

-{}-

I had stopped counting for about five minutes already. I wanted to give Jade a fair start considering the fact that I can track easily because of my heightened sense of smell.

Soon another five minutes passed and I decided I could go ahead and search for her now. “Ready or not Jade, here I come,” I smiled to myself and began to walk into the horde of trees.

Her smell was still strong, and so I followed the trail slowly. I could indulge in it forever and never get tired of it. The scent made me imagine her smiling face, and in turn, caused me to smile at the simple thought.

My smile turned into a stiff line as a new scent crossed Jade’s.

It was sweet… far too sweet—far too disgusting and strong.

“Jacob!” Jade screamed and I took off after Jade’s smell, shifting into wolf form immediately.

-{}-

Ten minutes had passed, and I wondered where Jacob could’ve gone off to. So I guess the idea of playing hide-n-seek in the woods wasn’t the greatest idea that I’ve ever had, but I thought he’d be able to catch me after counting to what—20 seconds?

I sighed. “I better go find him,” I murmured and climbed down from the short tree.

I walked in the direction I had come from and felt like I was being watched. I smiled and knew who it was. “Finally you found me Ja—”I stopped halfway through his name as I realized it wasn’t Jake, but Blake in the flesh.

“Sorry, not Jacob,” he snickered. I quickly took off and began running away. “I don’t know why you humans run when you know that we outrun you.” He sighed.

He appeared in front of me and I fell on my butt in surprise. “Jacob!” I screamed in fear.

He picked me up by the neck and tossed me into the opposite direction. “Well, I’m a bit bored, so by all means do run. It’ll entertain me for a while.” He smirked sickeningly.

I sprinted away from him and felt the adrenaline kick in, giving me the sort of speed boost that I needed. I didn’t stop running—I couldn’t. I was in fight-or-flight mode right now, and I obviously chose the second option—flight, or in other words, run away.

I smelled something. It was the ocean. When I came to a halt I realized where I was at. I was at the place where the guys go cliff diving for fun. I heard a twig crack and I took off again. I looked back and saw Blake walking after me, a smirk on his face.

I didn’t want to, but I had to.

I jumped.

-{}-

I was nearing her now; I could hear her running away from him—from Blake. The simple thought of him made me growl lowly. I reached the cliff and looked around. She wasn’t any where to be seen.

'Where’d she go, where’d she go?' I questioned myself frantically.

'Who are you talking about, Jake?' Sam’s voice questioned, I guessed that he was patrolling the area.

'Jade. Blake’s here too. I can’t seem to find her.'

I looked to the side and then felt myself become scared inside as I watched Jade run and jump of the cliff. I took off running and when I got as close as I could to her I jumped into the ocean. I shifted back to my human form dove for her.

-{}-

The bone chilling water hit me like a brick wall, killing my senses. My now drenched pants and shirt were weighing me down like anchors. I could still push myself up to the surface but I was going too slowly. Arms wrapped around my back and I began to kick and fight back in retaliation not knowing who it was.

They rotated me around and I saw Jacob’s blurry face. I calmed down and stopped moving. He moved me like a rag doll, slinking my arms around his neck and placing me on his back, and then began to swim up to the surface.

I gasped for air and coughed up some water that had gotten into my lungs.

“Are you alright?” Jacob asked quickly and he began to swim towards the shore.

“Yea,” I coughed out. “He didn’t do anything to me.”

No further words were exchanged by us till we got to the shallow area, the sand now between our toes. The rest of the guys were coming and getting out of the truck and were running over to us.

Jacob sat down in the water, claiming to be tired, and I didn’t blame him either. “Go talk to Chris, I’m sure he’s worried about you,” He suggested.

I nodded and quickly walked over to my older brother, who engulfed me within a tight hug. “Are you okay, that ass didn’t do anything to you, right?”

“No, no, I’m fine,” I said.

He rubbed my back and then came Jacob with Embry and Quil by his side. “Do you know what he wanted, what did he say to you?” Jacob asked.

“He didn’t say anything,” I shook my head confused.

“I just wanted to play,”

Blake stood at the rim of the trees and smirked. Jacob ran at Blake and he looked satisfied that Jake was doing this.

“Jacob!” Sam yelled angrily.

Jake jumped into the air and then it happened in slow motion. A wolf burst out of Jacob’s body, and landed on the ground with a hard thud as it continued to run at Blake. Blake then turned into the forest and raced away quicker than I had ever seen him move.

“Take her home, Chris,” Sam ordered of my brother.

I was then guided to the car and Chris drove me home in silence. All I could do was stare out the window and replay what I had just seen. Jacob had turned into a wolf… a wolf. I sounded so crazy right now, that I was beginning to question my state of mind, but I knew what I had seen, and I knew that it wasn’t some crazy illusion.

That was real.

As soon as we got home I rushed out of the car and into the house, ignoring Emily’s friendly hello and question about how school was, and into my room where I locked the door and closed the curtains. I just wanted to be alone right now.

I just wanted solitude.