Status: -[06/24/2011]- Currently being re-edited. (:

Only in the Moonlight Does This Feel Right

Chapter 27 - Give What I Can

I arrived home from Jacob’s house at around 11 o’clock at night with Sam. The guys all left about an hour earlier, but Sam wanted to make sure Billy was fine and I wanted to talk some sense into Jacob after hearing that he had kissed the leech’s girl.

It turns out that it was one big misunderstanding.

He explained to me how Bella was talking about her, saying that she was things when she really wasn’t, and that she was the one who started it all. I felt like I just about wanted to rip her throat out…

Sam settled into bed with Emily, and I made my way into Jade’s room. Jacob wanted me to ask her to come back tomorrow so he could explain it.

I knocked and then poked my head inside like usual. I was a bit confused when I didn’t see her lying on her bed, deep in thought.

Where could she be though? She obviously wasn’t downstairs or in another room…

I got out my cell phone from my pocket and dialed her number, waiting for her to answer. “Can’t read my, can’t read my, no he can’t read my poker face (she’s got to love nobody), can’t read my, can’t read my, no he can’t read my poker face (she’s got to love nobody). P-p-p-poker face, p-p-poker face.” I opened her nightstand’s drawer when I heard the familiar ringtone go off. I pulled her phone out and closed my phone, ending the call.

My heart began to pound a little harder and I glanced over to her bed and then I saw a small note.

“I’ll be back in a few days. Don’t worry about me. Love, Jade.”

I crumpled up the paper and kicked the foot of her bed. “Shit!” I yelled. I ran out of her room, down the stairs, and then out the front door. “Jade!”

She couldn’t have gone far… I thought.

As I was about to shift, both Sam and Emily walked out of the house.

“Chris, what’s the matter?” He asked immediately, an arm around Emily’s shoulders as she rubbed her eyes tiredly.

“Yea… where’s… the fire?” Emily mumbled out through yawns.

“Jade… Jade’s gone.”

That sure as hell woke Emily up.

“What?” Her eyes widened.

“She left a note saying that she’d be back in a few days.”

“Why… why did she leave?”

“Jacob told her that him and Bella kissed, but it was a big misunderstanding.” I explained quickly. “She left a note saying that she’ll be back in a few days, but I don’t want to take a risk with that. I’m going to go look for her.”

“No, you’re not.” Emily retorted. “You’re going to stay.”

I stayed silent; I could feel anger beginning to grow inside of me till I burst. “Out of all the people I thought you’d be the one wanting me to go out and find her!” I yelled.

“I don’t want to risk losing the both of you, Chris. Don’t think I don’t want her to be found.”

“Chris, calm down,” Sam ordered, becoming angry that I was yelling at his imprint.

“Whatever, I’m still going,” I said through gritted teeth.

“No, you’re not. Emily’s right. It’s too dangerous. Tomorrow all of us will go and patrol and look for her.” He stated. “Right now, go and tell Jacob she’s gone. He deserves to know.”
My hands balled up into fists and I turned around immediately, walking into the forest. I shifted after undressing and began to sprint towards Jacob’s.

Your sister’s just a little spit fire, ain’t she? Leah sneered.

Shut up Leah, you don’t know anything about her. I retorted with a growl.

Yea, Leah, grow a heart for once. Quil added. Sorry about your sister Chris, we’ll find her, don’t worry.

Thanks Quil, but Jade can be hard to find when she wants to be. I sighed.

I shifted back into human form and got myself dressed again before rushing into the Black household.

Billy looked at me with curious eyes as I walked in. “I’m sorry for barging in Billy, but it’s an emergency.” I apologized.

“Don’t worry about it,” He dismissed the matter. “Mind me asking what’s wrong?”

“It’s Jade,”

“Chris!!” Jacob yelled from his room, obviously hearing it had to do with my sister—his imprint.

I looked at Billy and he smiled. “Go on,” He then wheeled himself out of the living room and into the kitchen for something to munch on.

I walked into Jacob’s room and closed the door behind me. Jacob was sitting up straight, his face contorted in pain and worry, and he was getting ready to swing his legs over the edge of the bed to stand up.

“Don’t be stupid, Jacob.” I grumbled, and made him lay back down.

“What’s wrong with Jade—is she okay?”

“She’s… she’s gone.”

“Gone… gone? What the hell do you mean ‘gone’?!” He bellowed.

“I mean she’s not home, and she left a note saying that she’d be back in a few days!” I retorted.

“Where the hell is she?”

“How am I supposed to know?!”

“You’re her goddamn brother! You’re supposed to know her the best!”

I grabbed him by the collar and growled menacingly, I was lucky to not be shifting right now and tearing him apart. “Don’t you ever fucking imply that I don’t know my own sister, Jacob Black.” I threatened. “I know her better than you ever will.”

“She’s my imprint,” He glared.

“She’s my sister,”

“Well aren’t you going to go looking for her?”

“Aren’t you?” I retorted. “She’s your imprint, isn’t she?”

Jacob growled and threw his legs over the edge of the bed. “I may not be in the greatest condition right now, but I can still hand your ass to you, Young.”

“Oh, resorting to last names, are we Black?”

He stood up, wincing from the pain, but did it all the same.

“Jacob, sit down now.” Billy said, an unfamiliar tone of authority in his voice. “There’s going to be no fight in my house. Chris, I’ll handle it from here.” He winked. “Go on home and try to get some rest.”

“Okay, Billy,” I nodded and slowly made my way out of house.

Goddamn it Jade, where are you…? I thought as I made my way home.

-{}-

A week passed and there was no word from Jade. I was becoming more worried than I had been before. Much more worried. Not to mention the rest of the pack was as well. Jacob and I haven’t spoken much since our falling out and things were always tense and hostile when we were around each other.

Jacob was now fully healed and I knew because he was able to move around now without help from Embry or Quil like he was used to getting the past few days. The abilities we earn, like incredibly fast healing for instance, from shape shifting is remarkable…

When we had searched for Jade, we followed her scent for a good mile out of the La Push area, but lost it when it started to rain unexpectedly. Damn this stupid bipolar weather…

Everyone was at the table eating, well, mostly everyone was eating anyways. Jake and I were just picking at our food, Emily was eating but you could barely even call it one-third of the plate.

I sighed, and then took my plate to the kitchen. I didn’t want to waste my time at a table doing nothing but playing with my food. I walked out of the house…

I wanted some alone time, and so I wandered over onto First Beach.

I sat on the beach, the waves somewhat comforting me as I heard them crash onto the sandy surface below. My eyes began to droop from lack of sleep at night and I found myself dreaming in an instant.

-{}-

Glass shattered and we could hear our parents going at it, yelling and bickering at each other like it was World War III. A five-year-old Jade whimpered and began to cry into her hands, her knees up to her chest as she quietly sobbed to herself. My heart wrenched in pain at the sight. I was her older brother—I was supposed to protect her and make sure she was perfectly fine…

I was doing a horrible job at it that was for sure.

I walked over to her and sat beside her quivering form, letting my arms wrap around her small body, pulling her into me for comfort. She grabbed onto my Teen Mutant Ninja Turtles shirt and soaked it with her salty tears immediately.

“M-make them stop, Chris…” She begged. “Please… I hate it when they fight…!”

“I would if I could, Jade but they won’t listen to me…” I sighed and rubbed her back soothingly.

As I let out my reply the argument seemed to vanish. Silence filled the air and our stomachs filled with anticipation. Hardly anything could stop their fights…

The front door shut with such a force the walls shook and Jade and I jumped in shock. Stomping footsteps could be heard coming up the stairs and down the hall and our mom walked in. Jade yelped in surprise and our mom’s face softened with sadness…

“Come here baby, it’s all fine,” She cooed and Jade ran over to her, sobbing into her blue blouse frantically. “Both of you grab a few clothes, we’re going out tonight.”
We did as we were told and grabbed our school backpacks, exchanging books, crayons and paper for shirts, pants and underwear. Once we finished, we waited for our mom at the door. She ushered us out and we began to walk down the street, seeing as our dad left with our only car.

We walked for what felt like hours, my feet were beginning to become sore and Jade had to be carried when she began to complain about her own feet hurting. We went to the docks and got onto a ferry that was heading to Fire Island.

I turned to my mom in confusion. “Mom, where are we going?”
She sighed and held a shivering Jade close to her as the chilling air blew against us. “Just need to get away for a day. Nothing to worry about, Chris. We’ll be fine.” She said.

The voice she used made me feel safe and I snuggled up to her, waiting for the ferry ride to be over.

As we reached Fire Island, we got off and then walked down the pathway. It was noon exactly; the blue sky was refreshing and the salty air calmed me down.

We walked onto the beach that was oddly enough deserted; Jade was now standing up again, took her shoes off and ran through the golden sand with laughter. I smiled, took off my shoes as well and then followed her. Mom followed our example and went after us soon enough.

Jade and I played in the water for what felt like hours and Mom watched us from the sand. After feeling like we had abandoned her, we went over to her and sat by her side.

“This was fun mommy, we should do this again,” Jade smiled.

Her eyes lit up at the suggestion and she nodded vigorously. “If that’s what you want, we’ll definitely do this again.”

“Mom, why are we here?” I asked.

“Your dad and I aren’t on the same page on some things. We just needed to get away from each other and cool off, that’s all. Tomorrow everything will be back to normal, I promise.” She smiled. “I want you both to remember something. If you’re ever troubled by anything at all, come here. It’s the only place I know of where you can just come and forget all your troubles.”

“Sandra!” We turned to see dad with a bouquet of white roses, our mother’s favorite, and smiling sadly at her. “I’m sorry for everything Sandra, I’ll try to make things better. I promise. Forgive me?”

She stayed silent, processing everything and then smiled with a nod. “Of course I do,” She replied and then dad came over, kissing her lovingly before we all sat together and watched the sun set.

Jade and I smiled at each other once seeing the heartwarming sight…

-{}-

“Chris wake up already!” I opened my eyes to see Jacob towering over me, an annoyed expression on his face. “Sam’s finally giving us permission to go looking for Jade. Let’s go, I don’t want to waste more time.”

“No…” I mumbled.

“What do you mean ‘no’? I thought you wanted to find her!”

“Maybe if you’d just shut up I’ll tell you where she is.” I grumbled, glowering at him. He shut up instantly. “Before I do though… I have to tell you a few things.”

-{}-

The sand shifted between my toes and I could feel my feet tingle my senses delicately. The sound of waves crashing on the beach reminded me of my younger years and brought back familiar and happy memories. The smell of the salt air calmed me and made me feel at peace. The only thing that was missing was him… Jacob.

I can’t stop thinking about him. He’s been on my mind during my entire stay here in New York. It felt good to be back, especially on Fire Island, but… it didn’t feel right.

I guess that’s just what happens when you love someone and they’re not with you…

You just miss them.

I wonder how his healing is going… I thought to myself as I began to walk into the wading crystal blue water.

The sea water chilled my feet to the bone, sending goose bumps throughout my body, and making me jump slightly into the air. I wrapped my jacket around my upper body tightly and then realized it wasn’t enough to protect me from the harsh, cool winds.

“Here, you’re freezing,”

Another jacket went around my shoulders and I felt warm. I spun around and saw Jake there with a smile, holding a bouquet of white roses. It reminded me of the day my mom brought Chris and I to the beach during a fight—which is why I was here in the first place, to forget my heartache.

“What are you doing here…?”

“I came to make sure you were safe and to bring you back home to La Push,” He looked at me in confusion, and his eyes filled with hurt. “Do… you not want me here…?”

“No… no, that’s not it at all. I’ve been missing you like crazy.” I said, and he smiled in reply to this news. “It’s just… I didn’t expect you to come, let alone know where I was.”

“Chris told me,” He explained.

“Where is he?”

“He let me come alone.” He smiled. “Jade, there’s something that you’ve got to know, I didn’t kiss Bella. She kissed me.” He claimed. “I know that sounds like a load of bull, but it’s the truth. She came onto me. I wanted to tell you so that way you knew and you didn’t find out some other way and think I was cheating on you. I’d never do that, Jade… I love you.” He was caressing my cheek as he spoke and he kept his eyes on mine.

I swear my heart rate must’ve increased in the few seconds he was talking to me…

I nodded and grabbed his hand in mine. “I know Jake, it was just a lot to process at one time and it caught me off guard—really off guard. And I know that you really liked her a few years ago and I just panicked.” I stated. “I’m sorry for everything I never meant to put you or anyone else through something like that.”

“I don’t care, as long as you’re fine and everything can go back to normal,” He explained. I gave him an expectant smile and he laughed. “As normal as things can get anyways.” He kissed my forehead lightly and hugged me tightly and pulled away. “Here, these are for you.” He handed me the roses and I smiled gratefully.

“Thank you… so much,” I smiled. “These were my mom’s favorites and they’re mine too.”

“It’s not a problem.”

“Still… I owe you so much.”

“No, you don’t.” He shook his head in disagreement.

I shrugged. “Don’t care; I’m going to give you all I can,”

He grinned hugely. “As long as I love you, I’ll be giving you all that I can, too.”

“Wouldn’t want it any other way,” I replied.

I leaned in and his arms slowly and gently constricted themselves around my waist. His forehead rested on top of mine and his brown orbs once again captured my attention and I felt my heart speed up like it had never done before.

“I love you,” He whispered.

“I love you, too,” I smiled and I closed the gaps between our lips.

A warm emotion filled my entire body and I felt a few jolts of electricity surged throughout me, making me feel indescribable feelings. They were, of course, all pleasurable and loving though. I dropped the flowers and my arms wrapped around Jacob’s neck. His arms went down and to my butt, and he pushed me up, making me wrap my legs around his waist. I smiled into the kiss and let out a small laugh. We must have continued to kiss each other for a few minutes before I was being tossed off of him and into the chilling water.

I gasped when I resurfaced and stood up, loosing my balance now and then due to the wet sand constantly shifting as the waves went up and down the coast line.

“Jacob Black!” I shouted and began to run to him as he ran from me.

He was just to fast for me and I laughed as he continued to run for a few more yards. I shook my head, the smile never leaving my lips, and I grabbed my now damp flowers from the ground.

“Come over here I’m going to die from the cold!”

He jogged back over to me and then smiled. “Sorry,”

“Yea, yea,” I rolled my eyes. “I’m tired now, let’s go.”

“Back to La Push?” He asked.

“No, to where I’m staying,” I smiled.

“Okay, let’s go,” He grabbed my hand in his and then began to pull me.

“Oh, wait a second!” I shouted and stopped myself from continuing on.

“What is it—something wrong?”

“No, it’s just… I want to look at the sunset with you,” I smiled.

He smiled back and we both sat down on beach. I sat between his legs and he wrapped his arms comfortingly around my chest, pulling me more into him. I kissed his arms and I could imagine the smile that was growing on his face, and I could soon feel it on my neck as he snuggled his face into my hair.

As the sun vanished and there was nothing but a purple and orange light coloring the sky, Jacob kissed the back of my head. “You ready?”

“Yea,” I nodded and I was hoisted up and into the air, Jake carrying me bridal style as we walked towards the hotels that were on Fire Island.

He set me down after I told him to and we both walked into my quaint hotel room that consisted of a bed, television, bathroom and a table with two chairs—the usual furnishings I guess.

Jacob closed the door and I jumped onto the bed, bouncing a few times. He smiled and made his way over to me, crawling into the comfy bed as well. He leaned down and kissed me tenderly, sending sensations of pure bliss throughout every nerve and fiber in my being. I moaned into it and it sent him into a frenzy, making him kiss me slightly more aggressively though with much more passion.

We kissed for a few minutes and he finally pulled away. We both were panting heavily, our chests rising and falling quickly in synch. I felt great… I felt whole… I felt connected to Jacob—more than I had ever felt before…

It was amazing and unbelievable at the same time.

“Jacob…” I sighed, completely out of breath. “I want to give you all I can…”

His orbs went from my eyes and then to my lips. Soon he recaptured them again and it all fell into place from there…

I was going to give Jacob Black all that I could—all that I had.

I was going to give Jacob Black my heart…
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, there's a LEMON/SEX SCENE. If you want to read it, put the following url into your browser! ;] Hahaha, hope you enjoy it. lmao

http://blackbirdsbloodtears.webs.com/jacobblacklemonch27.htm