Status: -[06/24/2011]- Currently being re-edited. (:

Only in the Moonlight Does This Feel Right

Stolen

The door slowly opened up and revealed the boy whose name Jade still didn't know.

"Hi," She greeted quietly.

"Hey," He responded. There was then a moment of awkward silence as he walked into the room, closing the door behind him. "Um, I never really introduced myself downstairs. I'm Jacob Black, and you're Jade, Emily's niece, right?"

"Yes, I am." Jade replied, giving a small smile, not being able to help herself.

"Well, welcome to La Push." Jacob chuckled and scratched his head for more conversation starters. "Er... your brother said he'd come so I thought I'd ask you, too." He began. "Me and the guys were going to go down to the beach tomorrow. It's supposed to be pretty good weather. Do you wanna come?"

Jade thought for a second. The beach, it was the perfect way to kill time. Not to mention she might be able to get to know them better and her stay here might be more fun. "Sure," She finally agreed.

“Great!” His enthusiasm seemed to grow. “I mean, that’s cool,” He nodded, though the smile never left his lips. “Um, well, Sam’s leaving earlier and so how about I come and get you and Chris tomorrow at around noon?”

"Sounds great."

“Awesome,” Jacob laughed. Jade was amazed and in awe of his melodic laugh. “See ya tomorrow, Jade,”

He then left, murmuring a small goodbye, which she returned, and left her to her thoughts. She was somewhat confused that she had thought his laugh was "melodic". Since when had she ever thought that about anyone's laugh...?

She couldn't possibly be falling for someone she had just met. How cliché was that...? That was something that you only read in fairy tales or saw in those cheesy romantic movies — not in real life. Perhaps it was simply puppy love or a small crush that would surely evaporate into nothing. That had to be it...!

About thirty minutes had passed, all of which were spent thinking about Jacob — Jade's newest crush, her newest infatuation, and it was soon 7:30.

There were knocks on her door and Chris marched right on through. "Emily wants all of us to have a movie night and she let me pick the movie. Come downstairs, Jade."

"Alright, I'll be right there after I put my pajamas on." She replied, shooing her brother out of the room hastily.

She put on her usual white nightgown and put on some comfortable shorts underneath them. She pulled back her hair in a loose pony tail and slipped on her white slippers. Jade then slipped out of the room and down the stairs briskly, not wanting to keep them waiting too long.

She entered the humble living room and sat down on the empty recliner like Chris was since Emily and Sam were occupying the couch, cuddling together.

"The popcorn just finished, can you go get it?" Chris asked.

Jade nodded and headed for the kitchen. She grabbed a bowl and poured the fluffy food out into it from the bag, soon handing over the bowl to Chris.

"Thanks."

"Sure, so what are we watching?"

"Underworld." Chris answered, a wicked smile on his lips. Underworld had been his favorite movie since it first came out.

"Hey Emily, have you heard of it?" Jade asked her aunt curiously.

"The name sounds familiar, but I can't put my finger on it." She replied, thinking hard about the movie.

"Oh, it's about a war between vampires and werewolves." Chris said energetically.

Jade noticed her future Uncle stiffen at the mention of the fake creatures and chuckled to herself softly. "It's a really good movie, Sam." She said. "It's not scary."

"I'm not scared." He mumbled, rolling his eyes that she had suggested such an outrageous idea. If only she knew. He thought. "Vampires are just stupid, that's all."

"Are you kidding me? They're amazing." Chris debated. "Although werewolves aren't all that bad either."

"Their habits are disgusting — drinking blood, how much more vile can anything be?"

Chris chuckled to himself before looking at Sam. "I wonder what would happen if they drank blood that contained an STD?" He questioned himself, soon laughing. "You and Jade are the same. You both like werewolves better than vampires."

"Only because they are, Chris." Jade retorted, sticking her tongue out playfully at him. "A werewolf could take a vamp any day of the week."

"I like her." Sam told Emily.

"Wanna make a bet?"

"You're on. I bet twenty dollars." Jade responded, rolling her eyes at his suggestion. "Besides, I won't even have to pay you because they aren't real — they're completely superficial. Just like your brain!"

Chris grabbed one of the pillows and threw it at his sister playfully. "Just be quiet, it's starting." He then picked up another pillow from the floor and hurled it at Sam. "And don't think I didn't hear what you said about liking Jade more than me!"

Sam just grumbled some incoherent things before snuggling closer to Emily, ignoring the movie. Jade was curious as to why Sam was so adamant about hating vampires. However, she decided to not think about it, and focus all her attention on the movie, enjoying it.

Image


Jade was awoken by her alarm clock at around nine in the morning. She groaned and picked her arm up, extending it out and hitting the contraption to end it's constant beeping.

She sat up in her bed and looked around for a few seconds, collecting herself. For her first night's sleep here, it was very nice. Jade was feeling refreshed as she smelt the clean air, it was much better than the usual polluted air back in New York. She looked out her window and saw that it was sunny and her spirits lifted at the sight.

It looks nice out, She thought. I wonder what the beach is like…

A particular smell caught her attention and she took a deep breath. It was the odor of breakfast, and Jade's stomach grumbled and growled in hunger.

She quickly rushed downstairs and noticed that almost everyone from last night was present, Jacob was the one exception. Jade grabbed a plate and served herself before sitting down in the seat she had last night.

"Morning," She mumbled, still somewhat groggy, and a chorus of 'mornings' responded back to her.

"Good morning, Jade." Emily greeted perkily. "How did you sleep?"

"Great, I feel good."

"Glad to hear it."

"Where's Jacob at?" Jade inquired curiously.

The guys at the table looked at each other with sly smirks plastered to their faces. Before she could notice, they were wiped off and Paul soon answered her question.

"He's just getting home from his shift."

"Oh, alright. How far is the beach?" She asked.

"Not too far," Jared shrugged.

The rest of the breakfast was quiet and somewhat awkward. Jade wondered if it was like this before she was here of if it happened because she was there. Jade felt like it was the section option more than the first. For some reason, she just knew it was.

The guys and Sam left the house after eating, leaving Emily and Jade to clean their mess since Chris decided to head upstairs to his room. Jade thought they could've at least put their plates in the sink, but that was men for you...

"Go on upstairs, Jade." Emily ordered with a small smile. "You have to get ready. Jacob's going to be here for you and Chris in a few minutes."

Jade then nodded and left the kitchen, ascending the staircase and into her room. She changed out of her pajamas, and got into her bathing suit. Jade then rummaged through her dresser until she found a dress that would act as a cover up for the ride to the beach, slipping it on effortlessly. Jade then began to gather a few items to take to the beach in a bag, making sure to put a towel and sunscreen inside first.

Her attention went towards the door when she heard a knocking on it. "Can I come in?" The voice inquired.

"Yeah, sure."

The door opened and a smiling Jacob came inside. "Hey, you ready?"

Jade could only smile back when she was in his presence. "Yeah. I just finished changing, just let me put my sandals on and I'll be down in a few."

"Alright. Want me to take your things so I can put it in the car?"

"Please, thank you."

Jacob walked over to her bed and scooped up her bag that was fully packed. He slung it over his shoulder and gave her a quick smile before leaving the room. After slipping on her white sandals that were underneath her bed, she bounded down the stairs and towards the front door.

"Bye, Emily!" She cried as she ran out.

"Be careful and have fun!!"

Jade made her way to the red Rabbit, and noticed her brother was no where to be found. Jacob was closing the trunk and made his way to the driver's seat.

"Jacob, where's Chris?" She curiously inquired.

"He said he was going to come later when Sam comes back. Emily is making some food and so he was going to help bring it over with Sam." He explained.

"Oh, alright," She sighed, giving a shrug, slightly disappointed her brother wouldn't be able to go with her. "You ready to go?"

"Yeah, I was just waiting on you."

Jade smiled at Jacob and the two of them got into the vehicle. Jacob started up the engine and they were soon driving down the asphalt towards First Beach.

Image


Jacob and Jade disembarked the car as it came to a halt. The two of them grabbed the few belongings from the trunk and began to walk towards the waves that pounded the shore.

"So tell me about yourself, Jade." Jacob ordered. "I'm a very curious person."

"Well, I'm currently 16 years of age right now. I'm pretty clumsy and outrageously danger-prone." She threw out. "I don't know what you want to be told. What do you wanna know?"

"Where'd you move from, what's the rest of your family like — anything really — favorite things, hobbies, colors, numbers... anything." He chuckled.

"Well, I'll go in that order." She started. "I came here from Queens, New York. The rest of my family is my dad, Chris, Emily, and Sam will be in it soon apparently. My mom died a few years back. The officials said it was a gang fight that she got in the middle of, but I don't believe it."

"What makes you doubt it?" Jacob stared at her in confusion.

"In her will, she left me her diary. She wrote that something was after her and she thought it wasn't human. I believe my mom, I always have. She was one of the most truthful people I know. I don't know why she would make something up like that, so I figure it had to be true... at least to some extent."

"I'm sorry for talking about this with you." Jacob apologized. "I hope I didn't bring up any unwanted memories."

"It's fine, I'm getting over it." Jade gave him a reassuring smile, though she was pretty sure she was the one needing the reassuring, not Jacob. "Getting back on track... my favorite things are dogs, a few sports like Volleyball, cross country, music... there's actually quite a lot of things I like. My hobbies...? I don't really have any. I don't really have a favorite color, any shade of green is fine with me. I don't really know anyone that has a favorite number, but I guess I'll go with the number eight. I'm not really an interesting person." Jade laughed to herself. "Sorry if I bored you."

"You're interesting, and I didn't get bored listening." Jacob retorted.

The two of them finally decided upon a spot and Jade began to spread out her beach towel. She began to apply some sun screen — her skin burned easily, much to her displeasure — and Jacob could only stare at her as she lathered her fair skin in the white lotion. Jacob managed to look away when she finished and helped put some things down.

"Do you like adrenaline rushes, Jade?"

"Depends..." She shrugged her shoulders, turning to face Jacob. "What is it?"

"Recreational cliff diving."

Jacob watched Jade as she thought about it, thinking over it carefully. "Only if you go with me. I'm not doing that alone." She answered.

"That's fine. It's really not as scary as you think, though." He replied. "Follow me."

When he began to walk away, Jade rose from the sand and lifted her dress up and off her body. She dusted her thighs free of sticking sand and stashed the dress into her bag before running to catch up with Jacob. After a long hike up a mountain, they reached their destination. Upon reached the cliff, Jade heard multiple howls and noticed that the rest of the guys were there as well.

"Finally, what took so long?" Embry questioned.

"Oh, I think I know...!" Paul snickered, causing the rest to break out in laughter as well.

Jade blushed lightly as blood rushed to her cheeks. She didn't need to ask about what Paul thought they were doing.

"Shut up, Paul." Jacob growled lowly, rolling his eyes at his immature statement.

"Is she jumping?" Jared asked, looking at Jade curiously.

"Yeah." Jacob nodded.

"There's nothing to be afraid of." Jared reassured. "The worst part is just waiting to hit the water."

"Are we going to have to do all the work and push her over?" Paul questioned.

"Paul, shut your damn mouth!" Jacob yelled furiously. "Remember how chicken shit you were your first time?"

The rest of the boys started to howl with laughter. Jade couldn't help herself either as she gripped her sides at the mental image of a frightened Paul.

Paul growled and tackled Jacob blindly. The force sent the two boys over the edge and into the watery abyss. Jade felt nervous without her new friend with her.

He was supposed to jump with me. She thought.

Embry took notice of Jade's stiff posture and walked over to her, putting an arm over her shoulder. "You're not going to chick out now because Jake isn't here, are you?"

"Maybe."

"You should still try it, Jade. It's fun after the first time." Jared suggested. "Want me to go with you in Jacob's place?" Jade could only nod her head in response. Jared walked over to her and took her hand in his. "Ready?"

She nodded once more and the two began to get a running start towards the cliff. As they were about to jump, Jared was yanked back by a hysterical Quil who was now laughing wildly as Jade went plummeting towards the ocean.

As Jade fell, her adrenaline kicked in, her heart pounding in her chest like a wrecking ball. She kept her eyes open, desperately wanting to close them, however the adrenaline making it impossible to do so. She could only watch in slight fear as the dark blue waves grew closer and closer to her body with each passing second. Finally she took a deep breath of air, and the ocean took her in, breaking her fall and her momentum slowing as she went further and further down.

The impact shocked Jade so to speak. The water was icy cold and it made her mind go fuzzy as she was no longer able to think correctly. After getting over her state, she began to swim towards the surface, however the current thought otherwise. With each new attempt to resurface, the water brought her further down. She soon found herself at the bottom, the squishy sand sifting between her toes.

Jade began to panic when she realized she only had seconds of air left in her lungs.

What was she going to do...?

When she thought all hope was lost, the current seemed calm. She decided to try for it once more and found that she was now getting closer to the surface.

Tug…

Her head snapped down to see a rope made of kelp holding her back from her goal as it was wrapped tight around her ankle. Jade could feel her lungs begin to rattle from lack of oxygen. With speed she never knew she had, she swam towards the kelp and tried to break it's grip.

Within seconds, she found herself becoming numb and her world going black.

Image


“You’re such an idiot, Paul!” Jacob shouted as he rushed back towards the cliff.

Paul could only continue laughing hysterically as he ran after Jacob up the hill. Jacob and Paul reached the group and saw that something was missing.

“Where’s Jade?” Jacob asked.

“She jumped. I was about to go with her, but someone over here...” Jared looked at Quil. “Yanked me back and so she went down alone.”

“I’m starting to get worried.” Embry muttered. “She’s been under for what, a minute already?”

“What?!” Jacob screamed, his heart beginning to race like no others’. “She’s been down there for that amount of time and none of you went after here?” Jacob then sprung off the cliff, diving in after Jade.

Jacob began searching around for her, the salty water stinging his eyes terribly. He found that she was no where to be seen though and that worried him. Jacob swam deeper into the darkness and found that the lighting was getting dimmer.

Suddenly he saw her. She was attempting to get seaweed off her. Jade's body began to shiver and tremble. Jacob could feel his heart stopping at the sight. Her body became limp and began to sway with the soft current.

Jacob speedily swam towards her and untied the kelp. He put one arm around her waist and pushed off of the sea floor, swimming quickly towards the surface.

They resurfaced and Jacob gasped for air. Seeing their friend resurface, the rest of the boys jumped into the ocean. They then helped carry the two teens back towards shore.

Jade was placed onto the sand and Jacob crawled over to her.

"Jacob, do CPR or something...!" Jared ordered urgently.

Jacob stared at Jade's face. It was pale, almost a blue tinge. Even so, he still thought she was quite beautiful...

"Lover boy — stop gawking, start breathing...!" Paul yelled.

Without wasting anymore time, Jacob hovered over her from the side. He pinched her nose and lifted her head back slightly to open the airway. After taking a large breath, he pressed his lips to hers. The sensation of their lips meshing together sent off fireworks in his being and he nearly forgot he was supposed to be saving her life...!

After giving her air, Jacob separated from her lips and began to do thirty compressions on her chest. His cheeks flushed a dark red because of where his hands were placed — not even an inch below her breasts — and the boys snickered quietly at his reaction.

After a few more compressions, Jade began to cough violently and water then left her system. Jade's eyes grew teary as she coughed and she turned her attention towards the guys who stared at her in concern.

"W-what happened...?" She inquired, her voice scratchy.

"You drowned." Quil answered rather bluntly.

"Quil, shut your mouth!" Jared yelled, and then looked down at Jade with a small and relieved smile. "It's a good thing that Jacob is excellent at CPR." Jacob winked a her suggestively and Jade blushed immediately.

"Thank you, Jacob." Jade murmured shyly.

Jacob gave her a smile. "I'm just glad you're okay now. Do you want to go home? This must have rattled you a bit."

"No, it's fine. I'm fine." She replied. "I think I'm going to be laying off cliff diving for a while though." She chuckled.

Then Sam’s truck pulled in and the three of them got off with the delicious smelling foil pans and containers. The boys smiled widely as they all ran towards the three of them, meeting them halfway.

Jacob stood and extended his arm out for Jade to take. "C'mon," He began. "Let's go have some lunch."

Jade smiled and took his hand. "Thanks... for everything."

"Don't worry about it."

Jacob then came to realize that perhaps Bella wasn't the only person he could love. Jade might just be here to take his mind off of her, and for him to move on.

This girl's stolen my heart. Jacob thought, not one bit displeased.