Status: -[06/24/2011]- Currently being re-edited. (:

Only in the Moonlight Does This Feel Right

That's Perfect

Jade grimaced as her stomach once again cried out in hunger, however, she would not give into its pleas to head downstairs and into the kitchen. She knew that Jacob was downstairs having his own breakfast with everyone else, she didn't want to see him.

"Ugh, shut up..." She groaned, glaring at her belly that only rumbled in response.

In an attempt to distract herself from thinking about food, she decided to get dressed into some fresh new clothes. There was a small commotion of laughter from downstairs and Jade could hear the door open and slam shut. Had they all left as they usually did...?

Jade sauntered over to the window and moved the curtains just a tad. The guys were walking towards the woods, Jacob being apart of the group. He turned around and their eyes met, a surge of electricity going through both of them. Jade couldn't look away from his deep, brown orbs, she didn't want to. They were incredibly mesmerizing...

There was a knock on Jade's door and that was all that was needed for Jade's eyes to be torn from Jacob's. Emily popped her head inside and gave her niece a small smile. "They're gone now. Come downstairs and eat, Jade."

Jade nodded, taking a quick glance out the window to find Jacob gone from her sight, and sighed sadly, letting the curtains she had pulled back fall gracefully back into place. With that, Jade was slowly descending the staircase and entering the dining room, taking a spot on one of the chairs as Emily appeared with a plate of breakfast.

"Thanks," Jade groggily murmured.

"You're welcome." She replied. "So don't you look fashion forward today."

"I'm trying to go for that whole: 'look good on the outside, feel good on the inside' bid."

"How's that working for you?"

"It isn't."

"I take you didn't sleep well then?"

"Pretty much."

Emily remained silent for a few seconds before once again questioning Jade. "Is the food any good? Do you want me to make you something else?"

"No, it's delicious." Jade quickly declared, adding a smile to reassure her.

Emily nodded and then observed her for a little longer. "How's your stomach and arm?"

"My stomach's sore and purple, but my arm's alright, I guess." Jade shrugged.

Emily sighed and ran a hand through her hair. "Jade, you know that you can't avoid them forever — especially Jacob — right? They're around here all day, everyday."

"I know that..." Jade mumbled, picking at the little bits of her food. "I'm just kind of confused about everything right now."

Emily nodded her head in understanding before she rose from her seat. "Alright, well... I'm off to visit Claire for a little while." Emily stated, kissing the top of Jade's head as if she were a small child. "I'll be back in a few hours. Chris is off someplace, don't know where exactly, but I know he'll be fine. Call if you need anything or if something happens, Jade."

"I will. Goodbye, Em. Have fun."

A few minutes passed by in complete and utter silence. Jade stared down at her plate that only had a few bites left, and felt that she couldn't bring herself to eat what was left of the breakfast. She ended up carrying her dishes to the kitchen, throwing away her leftovers, and washing them. After completing the small chore, she ascended the staircase and entered her bedroom, locking the door and flopping onto her bed.

She reached beneath one corner of the mattress and pulled out her diary — sure, it was a cliché hiding spot, but it would have to do until she found a better place for it. After Jade found a pen and opened it up to a fresh new page, she began to write and jot down her thoughts, creating her first ever entry into the journal...

Dear Diary,

Life, right now, seems to be nothing but one big rollercoaster ride. There are so many twists and sharp turns, that I feel that I may be experiencing a case of whiplash right now — I’m not quite sure if I can handle this madness much longer.

Jacob… the boy I’m pretty much infatuated with. It’s pretty pathetic — how hard I’ve fallen for him, I mean. It’s unlike anything else, not like any other crush that I've ever had in my entire life. I know for a fact that this just isn't dumb puppy love, it's far more than that.

I’m not sure if I like him as much as I did, though. I just can’t seem to shake off the feeling that
it might happen again. When Jacob did that to me, it just hurt me and shook me up, both emotionally and physically. To be honest, I was frightened of him.

To know that the best friend that I made, the person who always seemed to have my back, make me laugh, protect me, and even save my
life, hurt me like that… it’s not just something that you can get over like that.

Maybe I’m over analyzing things…
maybe.

One thing’s for sure, I’m going to try my best to avoid Jacob and the guys for a little while. I just can’t think of being close to him when my mind’s so scrambled...!

Well, we’ll see how things go next week… after all, Monday is the first day of the new school year.

Sincerely,

Jade Young


Image


Christian was driving himself and his younger sister in Sam's truck towards La Push High School. It was their very first day. The ride was a quiet one, the two of them felt like they were being sentenced to prison, which — in a way — they were.

"I don't know why you're so dressed up." Chris commented, glancing over at his younger sibling's outfit. "Why couldn't you have just worn some jeans and a nice shirt?"

"I just want to make a good impression, is all." Jade replied with a shrug of her shoulders. "Besides, I just felt like dressing up today."

Christian sighed and didn't reply, killing the small conversation they had. After finding a parking spot in the school lot, they disembarked the truck and headed onto the campus. Needless to say they were stared down by every student that passed them, but Christian and Jade had already prepared themselves for such an occurrence and so they didn't think much of it.

The pair then entered the administration offices and walked up to one of the few secretaries who gave them a warm smile. "Good morning," She greeted cheerily.

"Good morning, my sister and I are transfer students from Queens, New York. Our names are Christian and Jade Young. Is this where we pick up our schedules?"

Her smile only seemed to grow as she nodded her head. "Yes, it is. We've been expecting you both." She replied, sauntering over to a few cubby holes and picking out two sheets of paper. "Ah, here they are." She murmured to herself, and then handed them over to Christian and Jade. "There you go. The classes are pretty easy to find around here, it's not that big of a campus as you can see, but here's a layout of the school just in case." After handing over another two sheets of paper, she wished them well on their first day of school and the two of them left.

Jade and Chris sat down upon a nearby bench and looked over their schedules, checking each others as well. Chris was a Senior while Jade was a Junior, and they both knew that they wouldn't share a single class together because of that small fact. Christian was taking the usual College Prep classes while Jade was taking English Honors and Pre-Calculus, along with a Language and Chorus as electives.

The bell rang and it was then that Jade realized it was finally time to separate from her brother for the time being. The two grabbed their belongings, schedules in hand, and then looked at each other.

"Head straight for the truck after school. That's what I'm doing." Chris told her.

Jade nodded and exchanged goodbyes with her older brother, wishing him luck in his classes for the day. When he disappeared from sight in the horde of people, she was making her way towards her first class of the day which was Honors English, hoping that none of the guys were enrolled in the class. Thankfully, the building it was in wasn't too far away.

When Jade entered the room, she noticed a few other students already in the room as well sitting a few seats apart. She immediately thought that there was assigned seating and knew that she was right when the teacher motioned her over.

"What's your name?" She inquired, looking at Jade with her half-moon spectacle glasses.

"Jade Young."

She looked down at the chart and then returned her gaze towards Jade. "Your seat is the last desk in the third row." She stated, also pointing towards the seat.

Jade nodded her head to let the teacher know she heard and then went to her seat without another word. She placed her black messenger bag onto the small desk and got as comfortable as she could in the plastic chair.

Once everyone was seated in their assigned seat, much to everyone's dismay, the teacher walked to the front of the class and cleared her throat. "Hello, my name's Mrs. Albertson, and this is Honors English. This class is easy to pass if you just do these simple three things: pay attention, finish the work, and do the reading logs." She explained, adding a small smile. "Now, odd numbered rows, turn to the person on your right. Congratulations, you've just met your partner for the rest of the school year. Get acquainted with them, become friends, and don't piss them off, because they're your lifeline if you forget something."

Jade turned towards the person on her right and faced a girl with the signature La Push tan, black hair, and lively brown eyes. The two girls smiled at one another and began introductions.

"Hey, my name's Kim." She greeted.

"I'm Jade."

"Cool, you're that new girl, aren't you? You transferred all the way from New York, right?"

"Yea, me and my brother." Jade nodded. "We're from Queens, New York."

"That's so cool. We don't get very many transfer students. Well, I don't even know if we've had one." She chuckled.

Jade nodded. "I take it that word travels fast here?"

"Like a wild fire."

The class few by in no time at all, and Jade was then off towards her next class, which was United States History. Once again, there was a seating chart, and Jade was placed near the back of the class. The last two people came in and Jade felt a sinking feeling in her stomach.

Jacob and Jared came waltzing into the classroom.

Jade couldn't look away from the two males as they made their way towards Mr. Murphy to check the seating arrangements. Jade looked around the room, her head snapping in each direction quickly before realizing that the only seats available was one behind her and on her right. As they made their way towards Jade, she could feel their gazes burning holes into body. It was unsettling.

Jade was glad with how things worked out, Jared was on her right while Jacob took the seat behind her. Sure, she wasn't completely satisfied that Jacob was so close to her, but at least she didn't have to look at him.

"Hey," Jared greeted her softly as to not draw Mr. Murphy's attention.

Jade turned to face him and gave a small, weak smile in return. "Hey," She whispered back.

"Haven't seen much of you lately. What happened?"

Yea, because you really don't know. Jade thought. Jacob had to have told all of them what had happened that night. If not Jacob, probably Sam or Emily, maybe even Chris. "Just been busy with personal things, trying to sort stuff out."

Technically, that's not a lie.

"Oh," Jared nodded his head as he listened. "It just seems like you've been avoiding everyone and well... it's pretty weird not seeing you around, you know?"

"I've just been busy." She whispered. "And also I found out my dad's a lying ass."

"What happened?"

A throat was cleared from the front of the class and the two teens turned to see Mr. Murphy at the front, staring them both down for a few seconds. Once it was quiet, he gave a small smile. "Thank you."

After a few seconds, a piece of paper flew onto her desk from Jared's.

So what happened?

My dad lied about our finances. He told us that he wasn't doing so well with money and he emailed us yesterday telling us he bought a car for Chris and I. Does that make any sense...?

No, I can't. Stay positive, though. New car!!

I know. It just feels like he gave up on us, though, like he didn't want to take care of us anymore.

I'm sure that's not the case, Jade. But remember, just imagine yourself driving that new car...!

I guess you're right...


Jared then had to start a new page, seeing as the two of them had already filled the front and back of the first.

I'm always right. So... uh... what happened with you and Jake? You've been avoiding each other like the Black Plague...

It's complicated.

Well, I think that I'll be able to keep up.

I'll tell you later.

No, now.

We just got into a fight, that's all.

What else?

There is nothing else.


As Jared was reading the small message from Jade, the paper was ripped from his grasp and into the hands of Mr. Murphy. Both their heart rates accelerated and Jade and Jared exchanged quick glances with each other. They were both praying he wouldn't read it aloud to the class.

"Rule number six... no passing notes." Murphy declared. "Who would like me to read it...?" He inquired. No one raised their hand, however, that didn't stop him from letting the class in on Jade's and Jared's private conversation. After finishing, he crumpled up the College Ruled paper and threw it into the trash. "Do not pass notes anymore. Jade, I should hope that there is nothing else, or else you and Jared here will be going to the office on a referral."

After he finished embarrassing them, he returned to the front of the class and resumed explaining the syllabus to everyone. Jade slouched in her seat and sighed in slight annoyance, a light blush still on her cheeks from when Murphy read the note. She knew that this would probably be the class she despised the most.

When the bell rang, announcing the end of the class, Jade jumped up from her desk and raced out of the classroom, making tracks to her locker. She switched out her binders and closed the metal door, looking over at her schedule again.

Currently, it was their nutrition break, and they roughly had ten minutes until the next two classes. When nutrition ended, she would head to her Language class and then to Pre-Calculus. After Pre-Calculus, it would be Lunch and from there she would head onto her Chorus elective and end her day.

Jade looked around and saw everyone conversing with one another in their own little groups of friends. How was this supposed to work — where would she fit into all this...?

"Jade!" She turned and saw her new friend, Kim, approaching her with her usual friendly smile. "Hey I thought that was you." She said. "Don't tell me you're being a loner right now..."

"Yes, I am." Jade sighed. "I'm not too talkative and so... I don't really know anyone besides you."

"Oh, well, come on." She said, grabbing Jade's hand and leading her away. "I'm not letting you stay here by yourself! You can join me, my boyfriend and his friends. They're nice people."

As the two of them neared her boyfriend, she realized who it was and cringed when she saw the group of guys she saw every day. She kind of wished that she hadn't been seen by Kim now...

"Guys, this is Jade, she's the new transfer student."

Everyone in the group laughed, with the exception of Jacob who simply stared at the ground, and they began to explain it all to Kim. Jade couldn't help but feel extremely guilty about Jacob's mood. She knew that it was partly because of her, if not completely because of her.

"We know, babe." Jared said, kissing her lips softly. "She's Emily's niece."

"Oh...!" She shouted, beginning to laugh at herself. "I'm an idiot."

"You're my idiot."

"Shut up." Kim laughed out, pecking his cheek.

The bell rang minutes later and everyone whipped out their schedules, comparing and checking for similar classes. Jade sighed in relief when she found that no one else had the same Language class as she did. There wouldn't be a need to worry about getting in trouble for passing notes.

Language and Pre-Calculus went by in a blur. Jade was a little disappointed, but knew it was probably better that way. Lunch came in a hurry and Jade got another sinking feeling. She was reluctant to go out and be in the awkward presence of the guys again — especially since lunch was obviously longer than nutrition.

As Jade made her way into the cafeteria with half of the school, she wondered where her older brother could be. She hadn't seen him since they split up in the morning. Perhaps he could be her beacon of hope...?

She looked around and then spotted him. He was surrounded by a swarm of people, mostly Jocks and Cheerleaders. Jade kind of anticipated it. Christian was always more outgoing than she was.

"There you are! I was looking for you."

"Yea, I was wondering where you were." Jade replied, hiding the fact that she secretly wanted to not hang out with Kim, her boyfriend, or his friends.

Kim smiled at her response and took her hand. "C'mon, the guys and I eat over here." She stated, guiding her towards their table.

Jade couldn't say no to Kim, she was only trying to help her out. When they reached the table, she was on the edge of the bench seeing as the guys took up most of the space with their unusually bulky bodies.

Jade didn't feel hungry. She couldn't eat — not here, with Jacob being so close. Her hunger was no where to be found. Instead, she looked over at everyone as they chowed down on their own lunches.

"Aren't you going to eat, Jade?" Kim inquired, looking over at her new friend with curiosity. "Do you even have anything to eat — want some of my salad?"

Everyone's eyes immediately darted over to Jade and she shifted uncomfortably in her seat. "I have something to eat, Kim, but thanks for being concerned. I'm just not hungry right now, that's all." Jade explained, and took out the PB and J Emily had made for her earlier that day and flashed it around. "Anyone want it...?"

Paul quickly snatched it out of her grasp before the swarm of hands could. Jacob stared down at his food in silence, occasionally taking a small bite out of his triple layered sandwich.

"So Jade," Kim began. "What class do you have next?"

Once again, all eyes were on her — Jacob's included. "I have chorus."

"Ooh, a bit of a Christina Aguilera, are we?"

"Definitely not," Jade chuckled.

"What about a Mariah Carey?"

"Not even close."

Kim shrugged her shoulders, giving up on her guessing game. "Just like to sing, I take it?"

"Pretty much."

"Looks like I'm going to have to go by your classroom and try to hear you singing then." Kim teased.

Her and Jade shared a quick laugh and then the bell rang. Jade was surprised how fast the lunch break had ended. Doesn't it always end right when you're beginning to have fun...?

Everyone was gathering their belongings up from the floor and walking out of the cafeteria. Jade was one of the first out of the building.

"Jade!"

When she heard her name being called, and more importantly the voice that called her name, she stopped dead in her tracks. After a small inner conflict of whether or not she should turn around, she ended up doing so, seeing Jacob rushing towards her.

"Hey... Jacob." She greeted, shifting her weight uncomfortably.

"Hi, Jade." He began. "Listen, I want to talk to you about what happened."

"Jacob, please... not right now."

"No, I know. Can I maybe take you out to dinner to talk about it....?"

Jade took his offer into consideration. Dinner with him sounded really... nice, however, she was reluctant to agree because she didn't want to discuss what had happened. Jade sighed and nodded. "Sure..." She breathed out.

Jacob grinned enthusiastically. "I'll pick you up at around seven o'clock tonight. Sound good?"

"That's Perfect."