Sequel: Blanket of Fear

Bound to You

Chapter Forty-Two

-x-
With Zack
-x-

“Zack, please.” Johnny asked Zack quietly, keeping his voice soft so that no one would hear the discussion he and Zack were having. He especially didn’t want Leigh to hear him; she didn’t even know he was awake yet, from what Val had told him, and there was now a sheet separating him from both Jimmy and Leigh. “I’ve never asked for much, man. I do my fair share of the workload when it comes to Bat Country. Just do this one fuckin’ thing for me.”

“It goes against everything we’ve ever been taught as vampires, Johnny!” Zack whispered back harshly, his green eyes furious. How could Johnny even think about what he was asking of Zack? It had never been done between the five of them before, and as far as Zack was concerned, it wasn’t happening any time soon.

“She’s going to die!” Johnny said, closing his eyes tightly to stop the tears he felt pricking the corners of the hazel orbs. “She’s going to die, and I fucking promised I would keep her alive! I promised I’d keep her safe!”

“Well, those were some pretty stupid promises now, weren’t they?” Zack replied softly. He then sat on the edge of the cot, looking up at Johnny. He was doing much better than he had been only days earlier, but he was still pretty banged up. A black eye adorned his left eye, and above his right eye was a particularly nasty-looking gash that was healing slowly. The shortest and youngest leader of Bat Country was also suffering from severe bruising covering much of his pale body, bruised ribs, and what Val suspected was a fractured wrist. “Look, man, I know how much you care for her; how much you’re starting to love her. But we can’t turn her; it’s just not done.”

“There’s no law that says it can’t be.” Johnny retorted. “You were going to let Jimmy and Leana do it; hell, I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re planning on turning Eliza. So what’s different about Leigh and me?”

“Jimmy and Leana were the exception, not the rule. They’ve been together for as long as any of us can remember; until what happened, she had been here the longest out of any of the girlfriends. She and Jimmy loved each other to the point that they both needed one another to function.”

“And he doesn’t now?” Johnny retorted. “Have you even told him yet? Don’t you think he deserves to know? I mean, “they need one another to function,” right? Shouldn’t he be allowed to know that she was—“

“Don’t say it, man.” Zack cut him off angrily. “Don’t make this about revenge. If you’re mad at me, I get it. But telling him isn’t going to solve anything, and it’s sure as hell not going to help your case.”

“I’ll do it myself, Zack. You know I will.” Johnny threatened, sitting up on the cot with a wince. “I don’t care if you condone it or not; you can’t stop me from turning her.”

“I can if she’s dead.” Zack said in a low voice. “Look, just…hold out for a few more days, okay? I’m going to talk to Brian and Matt about it, see what they think. I haven’t said it’s a definite no; it’s just a probable no.”

“Go to hell.” Johnny spat before laying back down on the cot. “Just go to fuckin’ hell.”

-x-
Leigh’s POV
-x-

I heard everything, even though they’re trying to be quiet. Johnny wants to turn me; he knows I’m going to die. Zack is the one with the redheaded woman, I think—I don’t know him well. The redhead…Eliza?...comes to see me sometimes, but not as often as Val. Both of them tell me I’m going to live; that I’m strong enough, but I know it’s all just lies.

My injuries are far too extensive to allow me to live, unless I’m turned. But apparently, that won’t be happening. I heard the definitive answer in Zack’s voice; he’s the powerful one, and he knows it. He knows he’s the leader of the group, even though there’s five of them. He can control everything, and he knows it.

Why doesn’t he want Johnny to turn me? What’s so wrong with it? I mean, I know I wasn’t exactly keen on being here awhile ago, but that’s no reason to purposely let me die…right? Or in his mind, is it logical?

I just want to see him, but Val says they won’t let us near each other right now. She says it’s because I’m too weak to move around, and that Johnny is in too much pain as well. But I know now that she was lying to me, even if only to protect me. She might be my friend, but she does what Zack tells her to do. Or at least, that’s what it seems like to me. What is it with this place and all the power struggles?

I wonder if I’m going to be around to find out who wins in the end.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not sure how to start this nicely, so I'm just going to say it as respectully as I can. This is not directed at any readers except one person who's been going around Mibba trash-mouthing fan-fiction writers.
This, along with five other of my stories, was reported. I checked the report out because up until this point, all reports I've recieved for my stories have been legitimate mistakes on my part that I fixed. And I have no problem with tose kinds of reports. What I do, however, have a problem with, is reports that are filed under "not a story," when in fact this is a story under the right categorization. Also, I do not appreciate the notes that come with said report, that reads like this:

"Hi get a fucking life. Write about something that's actually from your fucking imagination. This isn't a fucking story, this is some gay story you wrote because you're a fucking fan girl. All you fucking want and think about is getting in these guys' pants. You fucking think you're so fucking cool. My god you stupid bitch get a life and write about something. Be fucking creative and stop writing shit like this."

Quite frankly, I'm offended by whoever sent this message to myself and several other writers on Mibba. It's not a legitimate report; it's abusing the system, and it's harassment as well, if it's left more than once. I sent a message to one of the admins with the message, and I hope whoever left it gets themselves in trouble.

As for Bound To You, I will be able to start updating daily as of Tuesday the 20th of July. ^_^ I've decided that there shall be a sequel to this, as well, and I'm currently drawing up a plan for it. :)

Thanks to all my readers. ^_^