Sequel: Blanket of Fear

Bound to You

Chapter Forty-Four

-x-
With Sean
-x-

“I need you to do this right, Ms. Dekker.” Sean said coldly into the phone, impatiently tapping his foot against the wooden desk that occupied most of the space in his cozy office. He looked around the room at the numerous articles and photographs that covered the walls; articles and photographs that chronicled what had come to be known as the “Vampire Murders,” his own work. He was rather proud of himself, he thought to himself as he studied each individual, grotesque picture. He had made sure to take pictures of each of his victims, not wanting to forget what each “creation,” as he called them. But now, Dekker was ruining his plan. He couldn’t stand for that; he wouldn’t stand for that.

“I am not allowed to air anymore footage, Mr. Castro.” Nicole told him, her voice frantic. She was well aware by now that he was the murderer, and she lived her life in fear every second. He relished in that fact; the fact that he could instill fear in people like no one had since the famous serial killers of the past.

“I advise you to find a way to get my message to the public if you want our communications to continue any longer, you will find a way.”

“The FBI is crawling all over me, Mr. Castro. They’re only days away from subpoenaing my notes and computer, and when they do that, they’re going to have your name, the photographs, and—“

“It would be in your best interest to make positively sure that my name is not made aware to any government official, police officer, or other lawmaker, Ms. Dekker. Because if it happens, the murders are only going to get gorier; the violence more horrific.

“Mr. Castro, you need to give me a little more—“

“There is no room for error in my plan, Nicole. You must understand this one fact. It’s a very simple request, is it not?” He asked her, looking down at his itinerary. He had figured out who his next victim would be. Someone who was going to make him even more headlines; make him known in the history books. This next victim was going to put him alongside the likes of Jack the Ripper, Timothy McVeigh, and others of the same caliber.

“I understand, Mr. Castro.” Nicole said quietly. “I’ll…I’ll figure something out, okay?”

-x-
With Leigh
-x-

“Leigh? Are you awake?” Val’s voice asked her quietly, peeping her head into the sheeted-off room, smiling at the cot when she saw Leigh shift in her sleep and open her eyes slowly.

“Yeah,” She murmured, obviously having just woken up. “What’s going on?”

Val stepped into the small space, a grin breaking out on her face. “I have good news for you, Leigh.” She said quietly. “Matt…He agreed to let Johnny turn you, if that’s what you still want.”

Leigh shifted on the bed, ignoring the intense pain that was wracking her ribs and the rest of her body before a smile broke out on her own face. “Really?” She asked Val. “What changed his mind?”

Val shrugged, looking back at Leigh. “I’m not sure. Apparently, he realizes that Johnny might grow to love you as much as Jimmy loved Leana; that’s something he never anticipated would happen to Johnny. He doesn’t want to be the one to ruin that chance.”

“Of course I still want it.” She said quietly. “If…If it will let me explore my relationship with Johnny more, then of course I want to be turned.”

Val hugged her, careful to avoid rubbing up against her ribs. “I’m glad for you, Leigh. You’ve become a good friend to me, y’know?”

Leigh nodded, looking at Val with tears beginning to brim in her eyes. “I think you’re one of the only people who’s really been around to call a friend and talk to me, y’know?”

“I’m going to go get Matt, and he can take you to—“ Val started, before Matt walked into the closed-off area, a grim expression on his face.

“We’re going to have to wait to turn Leigh for a little bit, Val.” He sighed, the expression on his face never changing.

“What? Why?” Val asked angrily. “She’s been waiting for a long time, Matt, and so has Johnny. Is it really nece—“

Val was cut off by a loud scream coming from a quite evidently pissed off Jimmy. “Where the fuck is Leana?” He screamed, followed by some loud banging sounds that seemed to be coming from the wall. “Why won’t anyone let me see her? Why won’t anyone tell me what’s going on?”