Sequel: Blanket of Fear

Bound to You

Chapter Seven

“You have no right to kiss me, asshole.” Eliza told Zack a few seconds later, when his eyes were fixed on hers. She had pissed him off, perhaps more than she should have.

“I have the right to do anything I want to you.” He retorted. “You keep forgetting the fact that you’re my property now.”

“A stupid piece of paper doesn’t give you the right to rape me.” She said, her voice as cold as she felt. He rolled his eyes.

“A kiss is a lot different than rape, Elizabeth.”

Her eyes widened, and she scooted away from him. No one knew her full name except for her parents and one other person. Sean. She had only ever told Sean that her full name was Elizabeth.

How did Zack know it, then?

“Get away from me.” She said angrily, narrowing her eyes. “Leave me the fuck alone.”

“I’m not going anywhere.” He told her. “This is my house. Now, I’m going to sleep. I wouldn’t recommend trying to escape, if that’s what you’re thinking about. The doors are unlocked, yes, but the entire perimeter of my property is under 24-7 surveillance, and you won’t get as far as the porch before one of my men sees you.”

She growled at him and watched as he slid underneath the quilts of the bed, and then felt his gaze on her. “I’m not sharing this bed with you dressed like this.” She told him angrily.

Instead of rolling his eyes or glaring, he smirked and chuckled. “Pouting, are we?”

She gave him an icy glare and then walked towards the bathroom, shutting the door soundly behind her. She didn’t need to use the restroom, but she didn’t want to be around Zack either. She sat down on the toilet seat, putting her head in her hands and taking a deep breath.

“How the hell am I going to get out of this?” She murmured to herself, tears threatening to fall out of her eyes. She was stuck; there was nothing she could do, and it was evident to her now that Sean had something to do with this. How else would Zack know that her name was Elizabeth?

When she’d been sitting on the toilet for about an hour, she decided that it would be safe to go back into the bedroom and that Zack was probably already asleep. She saw his body outlined by the blankets on the bed and then pushed the sheets on her side of the bed down, hating Zack for giving her the ultimatum of freezing or sharing a bed with him. She sat down on the very edge of the mattress, sliding her legs underneath the silk sheets before pulling the blankets up over her. She scooted as close to the edge of the bed as she possibly could, wanting no contact with Zack if she could help it. As she closed her eyes, she prayed that when she woke up she’d be back in her apartment and that this had all been a very scary nightmare.

-x-

Eliza woke up the next morning to the feel of an arm draped across her hip, her back flush against the bare skin of someone’s chest. She growled and turned around, seeing Zack laying there, smirking at her.

“For the record, you’re the one who cuddled up to me last night.” He informed her. She glowered at him and then attempted to pull away from him. Much to her resentment, he refused to let her go.

“I don’t cuddle.” She replied vehemently.

“Apparently you do.” He told her. “You woke me up at six-thirty this morning.”

She rolled her eyes and tried to pull away from him again. He let her go this time, and she slid out of the bed, storming over to the bathroom.

“Not that I’m asking your permission, but I’m taking a shower.” She told him as she closed the door. She slid the chemise off of her body and put it on the counter before stepping over to the large, walk-in shower and turning it on to the hottest she could stand the water.

As she washed her hair and scrubbed her body almost to the point that it was raw, she couldn’t help but recall the feeling of Zack against her body. He’d felt strong and protective, and for one second, she’d felt as though they were more than a hostage and a captor. She’d felt safe in his arms, with his head nestled on her shoulder.

When the water began getting cold, she turned it off and stepped out of the shower, grabbing a large, fluffy towel and wrapping it around her body. She looked over at the counter and saw some clothes sitting on the surface, folded neatly with a pair of black All Stars on the floor. She pulled on the green and black pinstripe bra that was on top of the pile and slid on the matching underwear, trying not to think of why Zack was giving her an underwear set that was more lingerie than it was a bra and panties. She unfolded the clothes and looked at them. The top was a splatter-paint style white tank top, paired with some black shorts. She pulled them on and then looked at herself in the mirror. She looked horrible. She found an eyeliner pencil in the drawer of the vanity, and rimmed her eyes with it thickly, liking the outcome. She decided not to wear any eye shadow, mascara, or lip gloss and then pushed a brush through her long hair. Satisfied with her appearance, she walked into the bedroom, where Zack still sat on the bed, talking on the phone. She ignored him and walked out of the bedroom. She had managed to get down the stairs and halfway to the kitchen before Zack’s hand touched her shoulder.

“I don’t want you cooking.” He told her, as though he’d somehow managed to read her mind. She had indeed been walking towards the kitchen to make food. She gave him a quizzical look but shrugged. If he wanted to cook, she’d let him.

It’s just because you like his food, She heard the annoying voice inside her head telling her again. She shook it off and walked towards the living room, finding a large TV with shelves full of movies. She found a movie she wanted to watch and put it in the DVD player.

“Night of the Living Dead?” Zack’s voice said from the kitchen. “I never pegged you for the type to like horror movies.”

“So I like zombies. Bite me.” She retorted, going back to watching the screen. The car had just pulled up to the cemetery.

When Zack had finished making breakfast he brought it into the living room and sat down on the couch next to her, handing her the second plate.

“Don’t throw it at anything this time, please.” He said sarcastically, taking a bite out of the food. Eliza chose not to say anything as they watched the movie progress. Zack was surprised when she didn’t wince as they watched the truck blow up. It was impressive to him; he knew very few girls who could handle their horror movies.

When she finished eating, she put the plate on the coffee table in front of them and curled her legs up underneath of her. They watched the rest of the movie in silence, both of them stealing glances at each other. Zack coughed when the credits began and stood up, looking down at her.

“I have something I want to show you.” He told her, his voice leaving no room for argument. She rolled her eyes and stood up. He led her out of the house and down the stairs and down a dirt path until they reached a small kennel. There was a black, tan, and white dog that looked more like a wolf pacing back and forth in the contents. When it saw Zack and Eliza, it stopped and looked at them, its ears perked up.

“This is Luka.” Zack told her. “He’s part wolf, part dog. Starting today, he’s going to be accompanying you everywhere you go. Including the house. He’s coming back up with us.”

“What do I need a dog for?” She replied. He rolled his eyes.

“Protection. I’m not going to keep you housebound forever. Luka will make sure nothing happens to you if I’m not with you.”

“You keep saying this estate is dangerous, but I haven’t seen one dangerous thing except for you.”

He smirked. “You’re right, I am dangerous. The reason you haven’t seen anything else is because I’m with you. This is my estate; the beings here listen and work for me. But I can’t trust them do listen to me and do as I tell them if I’m not with you. You’re safe in the house with or without me, and with Luka you will be safe everywhere outside.”

“Beings?” She replied. Zack sighed.

“Everything is on a need-to-know basis, Eliza. And you don’t need to know anything just yet.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Eliza's Outfit
Luka