Sequel: Blanket of Fear

Bound to You

Chapter Nine

“I’m a vampire, Eliza. And you’re living in a supernatural world now.”

Eliza’s mouth dropped open, and then she nearly fainted. Had he really just said what she’d thought she’d heard? That he was a vampire? Zack saw the confusion written on her face, and pulled her towards the shore so that she could relax for a minute. As soon as she was on the shore, she pulled her knees to her chest tightly and crossed her arms over them, burying her face.

“Eliza, don’t act frightened. It’s not like you didn’t know we existed or something, right? I mean, you’d heard of Bat Country and the City of Evil.”

She shot her head up and glared at him. “Yes, I had. But I had no fucking clue that there’s such thing as vampires.” She hissed at him angrily. “I thought you were just some young, hotshot politician or something. If I’d have had any—“

“Any what?” Zack retorted. “Any clue that I wasn’t human? What would honestly have been able to do, Eliza? It’s not like you could have stopped me. I mean, you are technically bound to me. Remember the contract?”

“Fuck the contract!” She yelled. “It’s illegal! You fucking forced me to sign it, asshole! It’s not like I wanted to!”

“That’s bullshit, Eliza. Believe it or not, you had a choice to sign that contract. It all depended on your will power. Had you been able to tell me no, then the contract would have been null and void. I would have had no legal power to keep you with me.”

Eliza’s eyes widened, and then narrowed angrily as she stood up and began storming away, before remembering that she was still only in her bathing suit and that the forest was ‘dangerous.’ Zack had decided to let Luka stay up at the house, so it was only the two of them at the lake.

“I want to go back to the fucking house.” She spat angrily, not moving from her spot on the grass, not turning to look at him. “And then I want my own fucking bedroom.”

Zack laughed, and walked over to her, snaking his arms around her waist and pulling her against his tattooed chest. “That’s not happening, Eliza. You’ll stay in my room with me, just as you have since you arrived and will until whenever I tell you otherwise.”

Eliza ignored the friction between their bodies; the coolness of his chest—it must have been a vampire thing—contrasted sharply against the overheated skin of her back. His fingers traced whimsical patterns across her exposed stomach, occasionally sliding down just a tad lower into forbidden areas, teasing her. She tried to pull away, but his grip was much too strong for her to break.

“Let me go, Zack.” She said, hoping her voice sounded as angry as she wanted to feel.

Admit it to yourself, Eliza. You’re enjoying every second that his skin touches your skin; every feel of his lips against your neck…Wait a minute. Neck?

Eliza pulled herself out of her thoughts just in time to realize that Zack’s lips had found their way to the inside of her neck, his teeth—they didn’t feel like fangs to her—gently nibbling on the sensitive skin there.

“Your skin is very enticing.” Zack murmured, eliciting a moan from her mouth. She gritted her teeth, angry at herself for allowing the moan to escape. She didn’t want Zack to realize that she was enjoying this.

“I said, let go of me.” She said, her voice sharper this time as she tried to elbow him in the chest. A chuckle reverberated through his throat, and he lifted his head, turning her around to face him.

“Don’t forget, Eliza. You’re dealing with a vampire, here. And we aren’t such gentle creatures as the movies make us out to be. So before you elbow me again, think twice.”

“What, you’re sadomasochistic now, too?” She asked him, her tone belittling.

“It’s not sadomasochism if it feels good.” Zack countered.

Eliza glared at him and turned around, wanting to get as far away from him as possible. Zack grabbed her hand in his against her will and walked with her at her own pace. When they got back to the house, Luka was lying outside the door, his ears perked curiously up as they walked over. Zack leaned over and patted him on the head gently before opening the door and letting Eliza walk in.

“I’m going to take a shower.” She told him, unsure of why she was letting him know. It wasn’t like she was obligated, was it? Eliza didn’t wait to hear his response as she walked up the stairs to the master suite, finding a clean pair of clothes in the closet to wear before walking into the bathroom, closing the door behind her. She stripped out of the bikini before stepping into the shower, making sure the water was just right before she stepped inside and underneath the showerhead, letting the water clean off the residue from the lake. She squirted some shampoo into her hand and turned around to face the wall as she lathered it into her hair, tilting her head backwards as she did so, her fingers massaging her scalp soothingly.

If only those fingers were Zack’s, she thought to herself, not bothering to stop the thought from entering her mind. She was done lying to herself; somewhere between the time Zack had kidnapped her to now, she’d gotten emotionally involved. She’d developed feelings for him, somehow. She wasn’t sure how strong they were and she was positive it wasn’t love, but she knew that there was something between them. The attraction was too much to resist.

She was so busy concentrating on her thoughts that she didn’t notice the shower door slide open, allowing the person who’d opened it to slide inside with her. She felt a pair of strong, bare arms snake around her waist for the second time that day, and couldn’t stop herself from leaning into his touch, her head resting against his shoulder, her hair wet against his skin.

“What happened to your ‘can’t touch this’ attitude?” Zack murmured into her neck, his teeth grazing her skin. She thought she felt a slight point, but she could have been mistaken. She chose not to respond, but instead covered his hands with her own, closing her eyes as she felt his lips move stronger against her neck.

“Mmmhmm.” She moaned, unable to stop it any longer. Zack grinned into her neck, and she then heard a slight hiss escape Zack’s own mouth. The two sharp points she felt prodding against her skin were undeniable at that point, and she pulled away, turning to face him angrily as she tried to cover herself up.

“Teasing, are we?” He asked her, a smirk on his lips as he did nothing to cover his own large, evident arousal up. She forced her eyes to stay on his, and narrowed them.

“What gives you the right to seduce me while I’m taking a shower?” She asked him angrily.

“You asked.” He shrugged. “If I remember, the exact words in your mind were, ‘If only those fingers were Zack’s.’”

“You had no right to—“

“Oh, just shut up.” Zack sighed, pushing her roughly against the shower wall and pressing his lips against hers, leaving no room for Eliza to argue with him. Eliza found that she was surprised when her own arms wrapped themselves around her neck, pulling them closer together.