It's Empty And Cold Without You Here.

Chapter Ten.

"Why does it have to be you?" Felix asked and glared at Emily.

"I told you three times already, Felix; he asked me to," she said impatiently and put her shoes on.

"Why would he want you to pick him up?"

"I don't know, Felix! Why don't you ask him!" she snapped and glared at him, "you really need to find another hobby. Bitching about everything is a bad habit," she said picked up her keys, and getting ready to leave, before Felix grabbed her arm. He was about to say something, but shut up and released her.

"I'm going to LA for a couple of days. I have to visit my mother," he said.

"Fine, see you in a couple of days," she said and walked out the door.

---

"We're a little late, Nicky. He's probably waiting for us," she said, as she pulled into the parking lot. She picked up Dominick before coming, and was looking forward to surprise Matt. Nick couldn't stop smiling and was jumping up and down in his seat, clapping his hands every now and then. Clapping had become a habit of his, and he always did it when he was happy.

"I have an idea. How about you hide behind the car and you can jump out and surprise him?"

"No!" he shouted, and Emily smiled.

"Didn't think you would," she whispered and pulled into a parking spot. She opened her door, and looked over at Nick, who was now white as a sheet and staring at the floor.

"What's wrong, Nicky?" with tears in his eyes, he looked at Emily.

"What if daddy doesn't like me?" he asked quietly. Emily smiled and hugged him. He looked so lost and forgotten, with watery green eyes, you wouldn't be able to resist either.

"He already loves you," she said and smiled at him. She got out and looked around for Matt, when she didn't see him, she walked around the car and helped Nick out of it. When he was out, she grabbed his hand, sent him a little smile, and went to find his father.

They searched for about five minutes, before they saw him. He was sitting on the side walk, elbows on his knees, supporting his head in his hands. The minute they saw him, Emily could feel Dominick's grip on her hand tighten. Matt didn't notice them until Emily called his name.

Before they knew it, Matt was right in front of them and had crouched down to Nick's level. Nicky, was staring shyly into the ground, and whispered a small 'hi', gripping tighter around Emily's hand.

"Now, that's not a proper hello, Nicky," she said and whispered something in his ear that made him smile. Nick looked at Matt, who's eyes had filled with tears. They stared at each others eyes for a minute, before Nick let go of Emily's hand, and hugged his father, who more than willingly, hugged back with tears streaming down his cheeks.

"That's better," Emily said, and smiled at them.