It's Empty And Cold Without You Here.

Chapter Fourteen.

The first thing Matt noticed when he entered Emily's house, were the two boxes in the middle of the living room floor. It didn't take long for him to walk over to them to examine them. He didn't dare to open them, seeing as they were sealed with duct tape.

"Well aren't we nosy today?" came a voice filled with venom from the doorway. Matt jumped slightly, and looked over to his right, where the voice came from.

Felix stood in the doorway, looking irritated and tired. The glasses that usually complimented his baby blue eyes, made him look exhausted. His blond hair looked dirty, greasy and lay flat on his head. The normally very good looking man, was in a state of vulnerability.

Matt muttered a small apology, and walked out of the other man's way.

"Are you happy now?" Felix asked, with a hint of sadness in his voice. His face, though, didn't change from the annoyed and tired look.

"Why would I be happy?" Matt answered, "because you hurt one of my best friends, mentally and physically? Or because you're here?" His voice was filled with sarcasm and disgust. Felix sighed and placed one of the boxes on top of the other.

"Firstly, I didn't hurt Emily. I would never have hurt her on purpose, it was an accident,"he said. Matt snorted and rolled his eyes, but Felix pretended he didn't notice.

"And secondly, you should be happy that I'm gone, and you can have Emily all to yourself,"

"What are you talking about?"

"She dumped me last night, and you didn't know? I guess you're not as close as you would think," he smirked, and walked out with both boxes in his hands, one on top of the other, leaving Matt alone with what should have been a smile on face. Instead, it was a frown.

I guess you're not as close as you would think.

---

Matt burst into Brian and Michelle's apartment, and slammed the door shut. Nicky greeted him with a grin on his face, before returning to his cereal and his cartoons. Michelle however, glared at him.

"You hoping that door will break if you slam it enough?"

"Maybe. Is Emily still here?" he asked desperately. Michelle shook her head, and walked off to the kitchen.

"She had a photo-shoot today, she left twenty minutes ago," said Brian silently. He wasn't sure if he was speaking with his friend or not. He watched Matt's reaction, which was surprisingly, small curses under his breath, in fear of Nick hearing him.

"When is she coming home?"

"Don't know, you never know with those things. Why?" Matt just shook his head and sat down in a dining chair next to the table, just opposite of Brian.

"Did she tell you anything about Felix last night or this morning?" he asked, and Brian shook his head.

"She hasn't said anything about him since the... uh... incident, not to anyone," he explained.

"They broke up,"

From the kitchen there was a nasty screeching sound, and Dominick, who had been secretly listening in to their conversation, cheered. Michelle hurried into the living room.

"She told you? When?"

"She didn't. He came by the house just now to pick up some stuff," he answered, and Michelle looked pleased.

"It was about time," she said, and walked back into the kitchen with a huge grin on her face. Nick looked at his father and smiled, before returning his attention to the cartoons on the TV. Brian, too, looked happy with the news, and smiled to himself.

"Well, I guess I'm not the only one who thought he was a stuck up snob, and an arrogant asshole,"
♠ ♠ ♠
I hate my computer. I wrote a Brian one-shot last night, and it was something of the best stuff I've written, ever. And then of course, my computer goes psycho and turns itself off, before I could save it.

I'm seriously sad, and I won't even dare to re-write it. I want the first one back!