It's Empty And Cold Without You Here.

Chapter Sixteen.

Felix was pale. Deathly pale. His eyes were completely shut, and it looked like he was sleeping a forced sleep.

Emily quietly closed the door behind her, and walked over to the bed. Felix' eyelids twitched for a second, but he didn't open them. She pulled a chair over to the bed and sat down. His eyes twitched again, but nothing happened. It wasn't until she whispered his name that he opened his eyes.

"Emily?"

She smiled and nodded, tears in her eyes. She put a hand on his cheek, and the other one in his hand, lacing their fingers.

"What are you doing here?" he asked softly.

"What did you expect? I had to come,"

They sat in silence for a while. The only sound coming from either of them were Felix' heavy breathing and Emily's sniffing. It was like they didn't need to talk at all, even though they should have been completely uncomfortable. They weren't.

"I wanted to marry you, you know," he whispered in the end. She looked up in shock, her eyes wide and her mouth slightly open. He nodded as he continued, "before all this Matt stuff."

"Felix," she sighed. But he shushed her and continued, "how come you don't notice it? It's obvious,"

"What's obvious?"

"He has feelings for you, Emily," he said. Emily just shook her head, and Felix smirked.

"You're oblivious, Em, you really are. You can't see the way he looks at you..."

"Do you want to know why he looks at me that way?" she snapped, and Felix looked at her with wide eyes.

"Because I look like my sister. That's why. He's in love, but not with me," she whispered. It didn't seem like Felix believed her, but he knew she believed it. And that was good enough for him. He didn't care, because he was dying. He just wanted her to know how much he loved her, even though he made so many mistakes. No one knew how deep the regret he felt for everything he had said and done towards her was.

How much he loved her was all he told her the last couple of minutes he was alive.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's still short. Sorry? I really can't seem to write long stuff these days. Without that much dialog.