It's Empty And Cold Without You Here.

Chapter Seventeen.

Black was never Emily's favorite color, though, it might seem like it sometimes. She knew very well that it was the color of sorrow, and didn't really get the fact that someone could appreciate a color that was often used to express sadness. It didn't matter though, because she wore a lot of black herself. It was more out of habit than anything. She thought of it as a nice color, because it was so plain. It worked with almost everything.

As Emily stood in front of the mirror, checking herself out in the black outfit, she despised the color black for the first time in her life. It would remind her of that day forever, and quite frankly, she didn't like to be reminded about things that saddened her.

It was the day of Felix's funeral, and Emily had spent the past week trying not to be alone at all. She felt that if she was alone, she was completely alone. With no one that cared for her at all. It wasn't often that she felt lonely, but whenever a boyfriend broke up with her or, in this case, died, she would make sure she was around people at all times. It made her feel like complete shit.

There was a knock on the door, and Gena entered the her bedroom.

"Are you ready to go?" Emily nodded and followed her friend out the door.

---

"Felix Wilson was a greatly misunderstood man. He made mistakes, like any human being. He had strong opinions in a lot of different things, and didn't really listen to other's opinions. Felix was impatient, close-minded and often didn't think before acting. But all in all, he was loved by so many. He was a great son," Allison, Felix's sister sniffed and wiped away a couple of tears before continuing, "a good brother, and an excellent boyfriend. He would stand by you whenever you needed him, but still tell you his opinions. If he didn't like what you were doing, you could count on him letting you know. He was the second of five siblings. And when our oldest brother, Dylan, went away to college, he stood up and took the position as man of the house like it was nothing. I know our father would be proud of him that day, if he was still with us." Here, she started fishing in her pockets for a paper tissue, found it, and blew her nose before reading on. "Felix was overprotective most of the time, but at times it was needed. He was most protective of his girlfriend, Emily, and I'm sure she would agree more than anyone when I say, that it was very annoying." This was where Gena took Emily's hand and squeezed it, before returning her attention to Allison. "I know most of the people in this room will have lots of bad memories of my brother, but I'm sure, all of you have a lot of good ones with him, too. Most likely, the good memories outweigh the bad, at least I hope so. Felix wasn't perfect, but he was far from a bad man."

When Allison's speech was done, tears were streaming down her face, the rest of his family's faces, and Emily's face. Gena pulled her friend into a hug, knowing she would need it, as people walked out of the church after the coffin. The two friends just sat there, all alone in the church for a while, before Gena dragged Emily out into the sun.

"I can't believe it's sunny outside, the day of a funeral," whispered Emily, and Gena squeezed her hand in an attempt of comfort.

The two tried to get through the mass of people in black suits or dresses. Now and then, you'd see the old man in a brown suit, or the occasional grey skirt.

As the they reached the grave, Felix's mother pulled Emily into her chest and sobbed. Emily put her head on top of the short woman's head, and stroked her back, while shedding silent tears. Melinda, Felix's other sister came and pulled Mrs. Wilson off Emily, sending her a weak smile as she led her mother over to the oldest brother.

Emily smiled weakly at Gena, before whispering, "can we go?".

"Of course, but are you sure?"

"Very."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hardly any dialog. Yay for me :]