It's Empty And Cold Without You Here.

Chapter Eighteen.

"Where are you going?"

Emily looked at him for a second before picking up another suitcase and throwing a bunch of clothes in it.

"Trenton, New Jersey."

"Why on earth are you going to New Jersey two days after your boyfriend's funeral?"

"My exboyfriend's funeral, and I have to. It's for a photoshoot. It's been planned for months, I can't just back out now. It might become my big break," she explained before zipping up the suitcase and continuing, "I'll be back in a week or so."

She watched Johnny's shocked expression as she sat down on her bed. Lightly, she smiled at him, but didn't receive one back. She sighed, and then pleaded him with her eyes to understand. She had to get away from everyone, just for a couple of days.

"I don't like you going to Jersey all alone. And I don't like you going away this soon after his funeral. I know you loved him, even though the others can't see it. You need time to grieve, Em. Please don't go. I'll be worried sick while you're gone!" he exclaimed, but she just sighed again.

"I have to go, Johnny. Besides, I don't think I could manage to stay in this house much longer,"

"Why not?"

"His name is Matthew. He was born late July, by two wonderful parents called... damn it, I forgot their names. What a shitty dead girlfriend's sister I am," she replied, her voice thick with venom. But Johnny just looked at her strangely, trying to read her. It didn't really work, as he asked her again what she meant.

"He's getting on my nerves! Mentioning Felix in everything he says, when I just want to forget about him, at least the bad sides of him. He won't let me do that, even when I asked him. I can't do this without getting away from him," she said, and tears filled her eyes.

Johnny sighed and walked over to his crying friend, before crouching down in front of her and gently stroking her hair. He smiled at her, earning one back, which made her burst and break down.

"Maybe you should go. I'll talk to Matt, and everything will be fine when you get back."

"He's not talking to you."

"He is now..."