It's Empty And Cold Without You Here.

Chapter Two.

There was a soft knock before the door to Brian and Michelle's house flew open, and in came the lady of the house's little sister.

"Didn't I tell you to put that away, Brian? What if Nick gets to it? He could break it or even worse; drink it and die!" Michelle's bitchy voice pierced through the living room as Emily sat down on the couch next to Brian, her feet neatly placed themselves on the coffee table.

"Someone is PMSing," Brian muttered and went to put the beer bottle in the fridge.

"I heard that!" Michelle yelled after him after sitting down next to her sister.

"Sometimes it's like he lost his brain when Matt was caught. Like Matt brought the guys smartness, and without him, they're all stupid as Hell," she sighed and Emily giggled.

"You're right. Matt is the only smart one. Wait, Zach's smart. He got into college, you have to be smart to go to college, right?

"Yeah, just look at Lacey. She's smart. She's in college. How did Johnny end up with someone like her, anyway? He's an idiot. Even worse than Brian,"

"Oh, you did not just talk about Johnny like that! He's smart, when he wants to. Unfortunately, that's not often, though," Emily laughed and laced her fingers with her sisters and enjoyed the silence that would soon enough be broken when Jimmy came to drop Dominick off.

"So...did you see Matt?" Michelle asked quietly and hung her face in shame. They had tried ignoring him for almost five years, and it wasn't working. Dominick was starting to ask about his parents, and with Matt coming out soon, there was no avoiding it. Emily was the only one that actually tried to contact him. She was the one who sent him the letter of Valary's death. She also sent him a letter every Christmas and his birthdays, wishing him well and letting him know that he wasn't forgotten. Although, she never mentioned Dominick in any of the letters, she felt that it was something she wanted to tell him in person.

"Yeah," she whispered and Michelle looked at her with a look that told her to go on.

"It was great to see him again. He's gotten big, really big. But I guess he didn't have much to do other than working out in there. I gave him the picture I brought, the one of Brian and Nicky," Michelle smiled as she remembered the day the picture was taken.

"Was he mad?" Emily shook her head.

"No, he didn't seem angry. Not with me at least. He asked about you all, what you were up to. I told him about Lacey, too,"

"What about Lacey? What's going on? Is Lacey dying?! YOU TOLD JOHNNY BEFORE YOU TOLD ME?" Brian just walked back into the room and his face had a look of panic. Michelle giggled a little before telling him to stop the drama queen acts. Brian pouted and sunk down into the couch next to Michelle and waited for an explanation.

"I told Matt about Lacey and Johnny," Emily said, making Brian raise an eyebrow.

"You went to see Matt?"

"No, he's across the street in my room wearing a purple tutu just to surprise you. It's supposed to be a secret, so by all means, act surprised,"