It's Empty And Cold Without You Here.

Chapter Twenty-one.

Matt stumbled across the floor and over to the couch and collapsed on top of it. He was drunk off his ass, and he knew it perfectly well. Luckily, he was home alone, or so he thought.

The front door opened, and Emily entered, one bag hanging from her shoulder and a suitcase in her hand. As she dropped the luggage on the floor, Matt turned his head towards the noise and grinned. She sighed and walked over the floor and to the kitchen, not looking at Matt as she passed him.

"Hey, honey, how was your trip?"

At first Emily was shocked at his tone of voice, and stopped in her tracks. She turned around and studied him, but there was no sign of sarcasm in his features. He looked at her with a sincere look, and she wondered whether Johnny had kicked his ass or not.

"It was nice to get away, but I'm glad to be home."

"You sure? That tone doesn't sound very convincing. You know you can talk to me about anything, right?" Emily nodded and smiled at him before walking into the kitchen. After following her, Matt entered the kitchen and wrapped his arms around her, from behind, in a hug.

"Have you been drinking?" He reeked of alcohol.

"A little." He chuckled and Emily shook her head. She didn't know why she had the feeling of disappointment sitting in her stomach.

Matt turned Emily around so that she was facing him. He placed his hand on her hip, while the other tucked her hair behind her ears. After lightly kissing her forehead, he whispered, "I missed you, sweetie.".

Standing there, just shocked at his behavior, Emily blinked twice as if she was trying to swallow what he was doing. Matt wrapped his arms around her shoulders and pulled her to his chest, letting out a deep breath as if he was feeling content. She had no idea, that in his mind, he was.

He pulled away for a second, before leaning in again and kissed her softly. Emily didn't realize what he was doing for a few seconds, before she roughly pushed him off her.

"What are you doing?" she almost yelled at him, not sure how to react or what to say, as she was still trying to let it all sink in.

"What? Can't I kiss you anymore?"

Millions of thoughts ran through her head as she stared into his hazel eyes, and when she saw the hurt and the love in them. It was then she realized that he had said anymore, and it hit her.

"You're drunk, Matt! Go to bed." It wasn't a suggestion, it was rather an order. It didn't take long after those words escaped her mouth that she tried to walk away, but he held her behind.

"What? Can't I kiss the woman I love?" His eyes searched hers, but he didn't find anything but pity.

"Val is dead, Matt. I'm not her."
♠ ♠ ♠
One more chapter. Oh, yay! :]