It's Empty And Cold Without You Here.

Chapter Four.

All heads turned to Dominick. They had never told him much about his father. Just that he made a mistake, and he needed to make up for it. That he loved him very much, and that he was very good looking if you put him in a chicken suit. The last one came from Jimmy.

Nick asked again, and looked at everyone in the room. A couple of seconds went by before Emily broke the silence.

"Matt asked about you, Nicky," Nick looked at her strangely before asking her who Matt was.

"Come here," she said and took his hand in hers as he stood next to her. She looked at the others in the room and gave them a look, which chased them all out of the room. Except Johnny, who stood there dumbfounded.

"Get your ass in here, midget!" came Zack's voice from the kitchen and Johnny hurried out of the room. Nick sat down and asked her once again who Matt was.

"Do you remember when Brian and Jimmy told you about your dad?" she asked and the four year old nodded.

"Do you remember what they called him?"

"Yup, they called him "Shads"," Emily smiled at his memory before speaking again.

"Well, Shads or Shadows was his nickname. They called him M. Shadows, just like Brian is Synyster Gates , Jimmy is The Reverend, Zach is Zacky Vengeance and Johnny is Johnny Christ," she explained.

"Why do they have nicknames like that?" he asked again.

"Because the names made them feel cooler than they really are," she laughed.

"Why does this has to do with my daddy?" The words he chose were enough to make Emily giggle, but she stopped the minute she saw Dominick's hurt look.

"Because M. was short for Matt. Get it?" he shook his head as a no and looked her with a puzzled look on his face. This was all too confusing for a four year old.

"Matt is your father, I went to see him today," she said and Dominick's eyes widened. His mouth opened a little and the look of jealousy could be seen in his eyes. Emily noticed this and pulled him into a hug. Tears welled up in Nick's eyes. He wanted to meet his father so badly it hurt. And he was only four years old.

"You know, the first thing he asked me was if you were doing good," this made the little boy smile a little as he snuggled into her body.

"And guess what?" she whispered into his ear. Nick tried to resist the urge of not asking, just to be stubborn, but the curiosity caught up with him.

"What?" he asked and sniffed.

"He'll be home in a month,"

---

Comments are appreciated. I'd like to know what you think.