It's Empty And Cold Without You Here.

Chapter Five.

Three Weeks Left

"Michelle?"

"Huh, sweetie?"

Michelle turned away from the frying pan where she was making scrambled eggs and looked at the little kid. His green eyes made him look so innocent, and it was almost heartbreaking to know that this kid was not very well liked by others.

Of course not, his father is amurderer.

"When do I get to meet daddy?" the question made tears well up in Michelle's eyes. She pushed them back and forced a smile.

"Three weeks, Nicky, he will be here in three weeks," Dominick's innocent face turned into a tiny frown.

"How long is three weeks?"

"Twenty one days," Michelle smiled.

"Is that long?"

"No, it's not very long, sweetie. Daddy will be here before you know it," Dominick's face lightened up and he smiled, showing all his white and shiny teeth, before he ran into his room.

Brian, who had been watching the conversation from the kitchen table, looked at his girlfriend with a sad look.

"Do you think Matt will take him from us?" he whispered. Michelle sighed and turned to check on the eggs.

"I don't know, Brian. I hope not, but there's nothing we can do about it..." she said and pulled the toast quickly out of the toaster, blowing her fingers a little to cool them down. They both looked sad as Jimmy came into the kitchen. He noticed this and tried to cheer them up.

"Cheer up mini people!"

"NOT FUNNY, JAMES!" Johnny glared at him and sat down at the kitchen table.

"I thought you never got up before eleven am on a Saturday, Jimmy?"

"I don't," he said bluntly, grabbed an apple and threw it at Johnny.

"Then what the hell are you doing in our apartment, instead of your own, at ten?" Brian asked the tall and skinny man, who claimed to be his best friend.

"Leana's pissed and kicked me out, and I never went to bed last night," he said, like it was the most obvious thing in the world, ignoring the glared he got from Johnny.

Brian glared at him, and Jimmy grabbed a piece of toast from the and put it in his mouth. Michelle glared at him and Jimmy pouted.

"Fine, I know when I'm not wanted," he said, earning a "you think?" look from Brian, and left, slamming the front door behind him.

"I'm hungry," said Dominick cutely, who was now back in the kitchen. Michelle smiled and handed him a piece of toast and with jam on it. Dominick squealed and ran back into his room.

"Make sure you don't spill!" she yelled after him and smiled. Brian got out of the kitchen chair and walked over to the stove, wrapping his arms around her waist, resting his head on her shoulder.

"I'm not sure of what I'd do if Matt took him away from us," he whispered.

"Me neither," Johnny noticed their sad faces and decided to try to cheer them up. Hopefully, with better luck than Jimmy.

"Come on, guys? It's not like Matt's evil. He'd never take him away from you. Knowing Matt, he's thankful that you took care of him, and didn't ship him off to an orphanage," he said with a smile. Brian's face brightened a little, while Michelle's looked shocked.

"Of course we wouldn't send him to an orphanage! He's my sister's son" how can anyone think that I'll just leave him in the hands of...child abusers!" Michelle was shaking of fury and slipped out of Brian's grip with ease. She set of to the bedroom and slammed the door shut.

"Yeah...Sorry Brian, but seems like you won't be getting any tonight..."

---

Please comment? It's really frustrating and not really motivating me when I'm not getting any comments.