It's Empty And Cold Without You Here.

Chapter Six.

Two Weeks Left

For the second time in two weeks, Matt stared into Emily's dark brown eyes. His lips were curved into a little smile. She sighed loudly and looked at him.

"Five years, and nothing. And then suddenly twice in two weeks?" Matt asked, wondering why she was there.

"Yeah, it really doesn't make sense, does it? But I need to know what your plans are. After you get out, I mean," this made Matt look away. He frowned and looked at the table, studying it intently.

"I have no idea. I just want to meet my son, Em..." he whispered. Tears filled his eyes, and threatened to spill.

"Brian and Michelle would be heartbroken if you took him away from them. I know you want to spend all your time with him, but you have to think about them, as well.

"They have been taking care of him since he was born. He's like a son to them, and they're like parents to him. I know you don't want to hear that fact, but it's true,"

"You're right, I can't take him away from them. I was never planning on, either. I just... I want to spend time with my son. I want to know everything about him. It hurts to know he's out there, and I'm in here and can't do a thing," he replied. The man really looked like he was about to bang his head into a brick wall.

"You could move in with me... I doubt Felix would like it, but it is an option," whispered Emily. Matt looked up at once.

"I mean, I live across the street from them. You could see him every day. And I have like... three empty bedrooms..."

"Yeah, fine. Who the hell is Felix?" Emily blushed.

"Jeez, I just came up with the best option you have, and you're wanting to know who my boyfriend is?"

"Yes?"

"You're an idiot. Anyway, you now know who he is. So what do you say?" Matt thought about it for a second before grinning at her.

"Yeah, fine. I'll move in with you," Emily smiled and kissed his cheek.

"Anyway, I have to go. Felix won't be happy if I'm here too long," she whispered and looked away. Matt stared at her expression before shrugging. He was trying to read her, but it was impossible if she wouldn't look at him.

"Will I see you again, before I get out?" he asked. His voice was barely a whisper.

"Do you want me to?" he nodded.

"I hate this place, so yeah,"

"Then I will, I just don't know when. But I promise you, I will," she said and hugged him. After sending him a quick smile, she was gone.

"You better," he whispered after she left, and walked over to the guard who let him back in.

---

"What took you so long?" asked Felix as Emily closed the front door. His voice was cold and he was glaring at her.

"Traffic," she said and smiled at him, hoping to get him into a better mood.

"So there's a lot of traffic out of jail?" he said as he walked over to her, looking her straight in the eye. She quickly looked away.

"No, but there was a lot of people going into town," she whispered.

"Go to bed," he said and pushed her towards her bedroom. He got his coat from the couch and went over to put his shoes on.

"Felix?" she said again, hesitating a little. He grunted and turned to her, pushing some of his blond hair out of his eyes.

"I told Matt he could stay here when he gets out," Felix chuckled before noticing she was being serious.

"Not going to happen, Emily," he said sternly, like he was talking to a child at a toy store.

"I promised him he could. I mean, he won't even spend much of his time here. He'll be over at Brian and Michelle's..."

"He's not staying here, Emily!" he raised his voice and walked over to her.

"He's staying here, Felix! This is my house!"

"He's not," he said calmly and walked out of the house. Out to drink.

---

Comments are highly appreciated.