It's Empty And Cold Without You Here.

Chapter Seven.

Are you talking to me?
No way punk


Emily had known Johnny since the third grade. He was the "new kid", and the one all the other kids picked on. All except Emily.

They instantly clicked. Val and Michelle kept teasing their little sister about how they were destined to marry each other one day. It was Matt who told them to leave her alone. When Johnny and Emily reached their teens, both Val and Michelle were surprised that they weren't going out. And when Emily got her first boyfriend, James, they wouldn't believe it. Even when they met him, they refused to believe it. Valary even told her to stop lying. They wouldn't believe it until Johnny got his first girlfriend, a week before James and Emily broke up.

James wasn't a very nice person. He was fourteen, smoked, drank and basically, he caused his parents a lot of unnecessary trouble. He was the one who took Emily's virginity, at fourteen, practically forcing her. She came home crying, literally collapsed at the bottom of the stairs and cried her heart out.

When Val came home that day with her boyfriend, she found her little sister half asleep with a tear stained face and bloodshot eyes. Without any questions, she had Matt carry Emily upstairs and into her room. Two weeks later, James was in a hospital, covered in bruises and cuts. He never told anyone who beat him up.

Her second boyfriend didn't last very long. Derrick was too intimidated by the person he thought was her older brother. Which happened to be Matt. When he broke up with her though, it was Brian who almost kicked his ass. Almost.
Derrick could run.

Josh was one of the popular guys. He wasn't a jock, but he was the star basketball player. Because of this, Matt seemed to like him. Johnny however, hated his guts. After a brief relationship, he cheated on her. Josh also ended up in the hospital, and it was not caused by Johnny. Johnny was way too short. It could only be done by a fellow basketball player.

Matt had always been there. Not only for Val and Emily, but Michelle and Chris, too. When he was caught, something disappeared. When Val died, they realized what it was; the glow of happiness and love that was oh so contagious.

---

It's short and basically about Emily, Val & Matt's relationship. And a little Johnny, because he's adorable. The lyrics on top of the page belong to Pantera. Because they're awsome.