It's Empty And Cold Without You Here.

Chapter Nine.

Three Days Left

"I was starting to doubt that you were coming at all," Matt smiled as Emily sat down at the, now, very familiar table.

"I told you I would, didn't I?"

"Yeah, but I'm out of here in three days..." he said, grinning a little.

"I'm sorry, Matt. I was planning on visiting sooner, but I got sick and everything just..."

"You don't have to apologize, I'm glad you came," Emily smiled at this before the two ended up in an awkward silence.

"So, why hasn't anyone visited me?" he said bluntly after a while.

"Why are you asking now?" Matt smirked.

"Because I deserve to know, oh, and we haven't got anything else to talk about," Emily looked away to hide the flash of shame that crept upon her face before she answered him.

"I don't know why the others haven't. You and Val kind of... became a touchy subject. Even when Nick asked who "Matt" was when I got back the first time I visited you, they all left me to tell him. You may find it cowardly, but I sure don't,"

"Why didn't you come sooner?"

"I was scared,"

Matt stared at her, and for a second, anger flashed before his eyes.

"Scared of what?" he said, clearly showing the anger in his voice.

"Of all of this being true. You think it was easy to not see you for almost five years? Jimmy almost broke down the first couple of months. Jimmy!. You know, your nerdy looking friend," Matt grinned a little at this.

And they sat in another silence, only, this one wasn't awkward. It was a nice silence, and it gave both of them time to think.

"I'm pretty pissed, Emily," Matt finally said. She looked up and waited for him to continue.

"I've been here for five years. I got one letter every Christmas and birthday, and then, nothing. I though you all at least had the decency to write more than twice a year if you weren't going to visit. And guess what? You were the only one who bothered to write, and you're only my dead girlfriend's sister,"

It hit Emily pretty hard. She had grown to love Matt like a brother, and all she was to him was Val's little sister. He didn't even consider her as a friend. Although, she hid her feelings pretty well, and didn't show bad it made her feel. If modeling didn't work out, she should definitely be forced into a career of acting.

"And?"

"And what? Did it ever cross your mind that I don't like being in here? A visit or two might have helped," he almost spat at her.

"Well I'm sorry, Matt, if getting caught after a robbery and ending up in jail wasn't what you wanted. It's called karma," Matt sighed before he spoke, mostly because it was the truth.

"It's not fair. Why couldn't it be one of the others who got caught? If it wasn't me, then Val would still be alive..." he whispered.

"Lucky you have friends like Brian and Michelle who could take care of him, then," she answered bitterly, which he didn't notice.

"Yeah..."

"Who do you want to pick you up?" she said bluntly after another while of silence.

"You?" he asked sweetly, as if he was scared that she didn't want to.

"Why me?"

"Like I said, I'm pretty angry, but not with you,"