Parallel Worlds

Christina's Story - Silently

Christina kept begging for Becca to explain but in the end had to shut up, knowing she wouldn’t be told anything by Becca. Christina’s chest was aching and she groaned under her breath. “So how long was I asleep?” Christina moaned quietly, the sunlight wasn’t agreeing with her and she groggily pulled the blinds down and lay back down. “It feels like it’s been ages…”

“A month… you’re lucky we’re on study leave!” Becca replied laughing. “You’d have been killed!” Christina giggled and attempted to sit up again. This caused her to let out a deep groan of pain. Becca sighed and pushed Christina down by her shoulders; she looked serious. Christina turned on her puppy dog face, which normally made Becca give in.

“Christina, you have to stay lying down until you’ve had the surgery…” Becca murmured. Christina was confused.

“What surgery?” Christina enquired. Becca stayed as silent as a mouse. “Becca! I have a right to know! TELL ME!” Becca sighed at this outburst.

“The chemicals from the poison burned at your stomach, that’s why your on a nutrient drip.. If you ate you’d die. They’re due to take a biopsy for tissue samples this afternoon then their going to grow a patch of stomach lining from that.” Becca explained glumly. Christina shuddered and a tear rolled down her cheek.

“Becca…. I’m scared…” Christina whispered in a cracked voice. Becca rubbed the back of Christina’s hand sympathetically. “You’ll be fine…” Becca murmured. Christina curled up in agony and Becca sat next to her in silence until a nurse came in.

“Miss Emery, its time for your biopsy…” The nurse said and she slipped a needle into Christina’s arm to knock her out. Becca let go of Christina’s hand and was shooed out of the room. Christina sighed gently as a welcome, painless darkness washed over her.
♠ ♠ ♠
FINALLY UPDATED IT :D so comment please :P