Parallel Worlds

Becca's Story - The Dancer

Duckie knelt down in the corridor and started gathering the skittles up off the floor, she winked at Teddy and popped one of the rainbow coloured sweets into her mouth as she scooped the rest up and into the box. She retied the ribbon and put the box in her bag. She smiled and kissed Teddy on the cheek before wrapping her hand around his wrist and led him through to the living room. Becca skipped into the corridor and whispered something to Teddy. Teddy grinned and smiled at Duckie, who stared suspiciously at him. Teddy winked and hugged her as he whispered in her ear.

“You’re having a party. You need to get ready then go into the living room.” Duckie scowled at him and wriggled out of his arms. She wandered up the stairs with Teddy following behind her and walked into her bedroom. She clicked open the wardrobe doors and sighed. “I really despise parties. Why did they even throw me one…” Duckie sighed to herself as she found a dress at the back of her wardrobe and lifted her huge t-shirt over her head and threw it onto the bed. She pulled the dress on and stared at the pair of ripped, laddered tights in her hands.

“I really need a new pair of these!” She said with a smirk and tugged them on. Duckie slipped on a pair of heels and pulled a jacket on. Teddy’s mouth had fallen open and Duckie smirked. “Oh come on don’t act like you’ve never seen me naked before Teds…” She went to tie her hair back and felt the patch of her head where the hair was short and fluffy. She sighed gently and felt a tear roll down her cheek about how terrible she looked. Teddy wrapped his arms around her.

“I’m so sorry for what I …. God the state of you head…” Teddy mumbled as he turned her around and stared at the bruises and stitches under the layer of short, fluffy hair. He took a brush off her table and brushed her fringe backwards to hide some of the short hair, after he pinned it back he curled her hair for her and clipped a handful from each side back to cover the rest of the shaved hair. Duckie smiled at him and wrapped her arms around his neck before kissing his chin lightly. She wrapped her hand around his and they walked downstairs into the living room.

Everyone was sat on the floor with some kind of alcohol in their hand. Alex, Ed, Ali and Dan were slumped on a sofa in the corner of the room, each of them clutching a bottle of beer. Sarah had her head rested in Dan’s lap and Becca was sat on Alex’s knee. Vikki, Mikki, Caryn and Ceilidh were jumping around in the middle of the room singing and downing shots every few minutes. Nicola was sat on her laptop, she looked round the room and smirked, before turning back to the bright screen. Charli and Jessica were slumped against each other giggling and downing bottles of vodka. Meg, Emily, Aimy, Amy, Becky, Victoria and Katy were providing all the drunken girls with live music to dance along to. Lucie and Vicky were sat on top of the upright piano in the opposite corner of the room; Harley was sat on Vicky’s knee, singing along to the music drunkenly and out of tune. Chloe was sat on Lucie’s lap giggling and hiccupping. Christina and Ed were making out in a vaguely hidden part of the room.

Duckie and Teddy walked in and each grabbed a drink. Duckie clutched her bottle of vodka and was grinning, then Christina seemed to appear out of nowhere and took the bottle. “Duckie. You know the rules!” Christina stated. “No alcohol until your heads better or your medication might react with it and kill you!!”

Duckie sighed, exasperated, and grabbed a can of coke and sat with Vicky, Lucie, Chloe and Harley on top of the piano. She noticed from here that Alex had a dozy look spread across his face and large stack of empty glass bottles at his side. There was a small clear bag in his hand with white powder in that he was tucking away into his pocket. The pupils of his eyes were shiny black and dilated. Duckie sucked in a gasp and nudged Lucie.

“Lucie?.... Is it just me or is Alex… ya know… high as a f***ing kite??...” Duckie asked the girl sat next to her. Lucie stared, blinked a few times and let out a gasp. Becca noticed the two girls whispering and climbed off Alex’s lap and walked towards them, intrigued about what they were talking about. Becca worked her way over to the piano and glanced up at them.

“What are you two on about?....” Becca asked in a slow, cautious voice. Duckie looked down at Becca and sighed under her breath. “Promise you won’t freak?... We saw Alex put drugs away in his pocket..Some kind of powder and he’s drank so much alcohol so far… He’s already high and drunk!!!” Duckie ranted.

“No… No Alex wouldn’t do that… He’s a good man… He wouldn’t…” Becca mumbled. Duckie rolled her eyes and pointed over to where Alex was drinking even more and in the middle of taking drugs. Becca gasped and stalked over to the drunk, high man. Lucie stared at Duckie wide eyed as If to say ‘god doesn’t the idiot know that people are really dangerous that high and drunk?...’ Duckie stared as Becca approached Alex.
♠ ♠ ♠
First Chapter on the lovely Becca's story :) and yes, all of this IS true, i hate anything connected to birthdays!!!
If your reading this we'd love for you to comment so we can know who's reading ourcr*p amazing story!! ;) If you don't comment we'll just leave it without updating for a month again ;)
Duckie xxxx