Status: Active

Love Until It Hurts

Chapter Ten.

When I woke up later that day, I instantly grabbed the nightstand off of his floor. The big, red, digital numbers read 3:34 PM. I sighed and ran my fingers through my messy hair. I was lucky it wasn't any later or my parents might have been home. They might have been worried as to where I was. They might have called the cops, or worse, grounded me.

After the sleep had fully vanished from my eyes, I dragged myself from his bed and rummaged threw his old clothes. Once I found a plain black t-shirt and a pair of boxers, which both hung loosely to my body, I grabbed my cell phone from my pocket and exited his room. While I dialed my mom's number, I found myself in the kitchen, where Jacob stood in his usual shorts making eggs.

I put the phone to my left ear as I walked up to his side and rested my head on his forearm. He kissed the top of my head as the phone still rung. Finally, she picked up.

"Hello?" I picked my head up and started to walk back towards his living room.

"Hey Mom, just wanted to tell you that I'm at Jacob's right now and I think I'm going to spend the night at Rachel's since she's bringing me to school tomorrow anyway." I slumped down on Jake's couch while I waited for her response. Billy never minded me spending the night, but I'm positive my parents wouldn't be to happy if they ever caught me lying.

"Okay sweetie, but don't make any plans for the weekend." This immediately caused me to sit up.

"Why? What's up?" The last time my mom told me to not make plans was because my Grandmother had passed away, so anytime I wasn't supposed to, I was always a nervous wreck something bad happened.

"Your Aunt Liz wants us to spend the weekend at her place in Seattle and your father promised her we would." I sighed, relieved it was nothing big, and agreed to it. After saying our goodbyes I stood up and went back to the kitchen, where Jake had set down our plates and was sitting in the chair across from my own.

He instantly smiled when he saw me. "Afternoon." I smiled back and sat down before taking a sip of water that was next to my plate. "What did your mom need?"

"Nothing. I called her to tell her I was here and spending the night at Rachel's." He smiled widely once I said the last part and nodded his head. "Are you doing anything this weekend?" I asked casually, hoping he didn't have anything planned for us. After he made his thinking face for a minute, he shook his head.

"Nope, I just think I'm patrolling." He frowned slightly at me and I laughed and nodded. "Why?" i stood up and brought my glass to the sink and poured out the water. I heard the floorboards squeak as Jake came up behind me.

"Just curious." I told him as he wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed the small part of exposed shoulder. "I think this shirt is to big." I told him softly before turning around in his arms and smiling.

"Hm, well maybe we should just get it off then?" He suggested with a smirk, I giggled as I shook my head but followed him back to the bedroom, leaving our uneaten food on the table.

I figured if Jake would be patrolling for the weekend, then my plans didn't mean much to him anyway and they could wait.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short. Sorry! Comment tho, you guys are amazing<3 and did anyone catch what i did there (;