Status: Active-ish.

Make Me Bad.

Four.

When I arrived back home, I was immediately greeted by my mother. 'Strange...' "Hello, dear."

"Uh... hi, mum." I greeted her with a suspicious tone to my voice. She never usually greeted me, she was always busy doing something she deemed more important.

"Your father called. He's coming home tonight." 'Ah... That explains it.' I smiled at the thought of my father. I had missed him dearly, not that I wasn't used to his frequent absences. He was some sort of businessman, always traveling. His work didn't really interest me but that didn't seem to bother him, talking about work never seemed to appeal to him. All I knew was that he sold some sort of high-tech products and was pretty high up.

My smile vanished when I took in my mother's expression. She didn't look all that happy about my father's return, she looked... nervous. She had always been relieved when my father came home, either glad he was safe or she simply enjoyed his presence and company instead of that of her 'angsty teenaged daughter' as she had once described to her friends, so when I saw her expression it troubled me.

"What's wrong?" She lifted her head from the coffee table she was scrubbing frantically, her eyebrows raising.

"Hm? Wrong? Nothing, why?" She asked feigning confusion.

"You look... sorta nervous." I told her, my brow furrowing.

"Do I? Oh, well..." She trailed off before resuming her violent scrubbing. I rolled my eyes at her dismissal and then moved to the kitchen, grabbing an apple and leaving up the stairs to do my homework before my father arrived.

[XxX]

About an hour or so later, I had finished all of my work for the next two days and decided to get some revision started. But as soon as I had retrieved all of the books for my work and had started to revise, my mother's voice pulled my from my thoughts.

"Andy, dear! Your father's home!" A smile had spread across my face before I could stop it and soon I was at the bottom of the staircase, smiling at the tired man stood next to his wife.

"Hi, dad." I said softly and hugged him.

"Hey, sweetie. How have things been?" He asked me, pulling away. I shrugged at him and took a step back. "Any..." I shook my head, making him frown, before he had a chance to finish his question. I knew what he was going to ask me, every year, a couple of weeks before my birthday he would ask if I had anyone I wanted to invite over to celebrate and every year he would get the same response.

"Oh, well. Next year perhaps." He said before picking up his two heavy suitcases up from the floor and lugging them upstairs to the master bedroom he shared with my mother.

"I wish you would make more of an effort to socialize with your classmates. Knowing people in high places will, at one point in your life, come in useful. I should know." She told me and then returned to the kitchen to prepare dinner. I sighed, she always said something like that after my father's annual question.

[XxX]

At school the next day, I found Amanda leaning against my locker, obviously waiting for me, with an angry look on her face. "Uh... Hi, Amanda."

"Guess who's in my Geography class," She asked, ignoring my greeting and not waiting for my answer "Seth Charles. Your little lunchtime buddy." 'Oh' was the only word I could find. "He doesn't seem to like Mark very much, and he called me crazy, me!"

"Do you think he'll tell Mark?" I asked, my voice wavering in anxiety. She shrugged her shoulders and then shook her head.

"I don't think so... He's just all talk, no action." I cringed as she said this, noticing the one boy I really didn't want to see stood behind her, in hearing range.

"All talk and no action, aye?" He said making my friend jump and spin around.

"She didn't mean it!" I nearly yelled. I wanted to catch their attention but keep invisible at the same time. It wasn't easy.

"Didn't she?" He asked moving from in front of Amanda to inbetween both us, making Amanda spin around for a second time. "I'm pretty sure she did." He said leaning against the locker in front of me.

"I really didn't." He glanced over his shoulder before looking back at me.

"Still, I think I'd like to prove her wrong, even if she didn't really mean it. What do you think, Andy?" I bit my lip contemplating what would happen if Mark were to find out because of Seth. I mean, if he told him and Mark liked me back, well that would be amazing or if he told but he didn't like me back I could merely say I didn't what the hell Seth was on about.

"Do what you want." I told him trying to seem non-chalant... Don't think that worked out too well, his smirk just grew.

"You don't know what I want." He told me and turned around to Amanda. I had trouble seeing it, but I pretty sure he winked at her before leaving down the corridor.

"Ugh! What an unbearable..." She paused struggling to find the right word, or rather insult "Freak!" I sighed as the bell started to ring, I wasn't particularly looking forward to class or to see what Seth would do... To think, a couple of days ago he didn't even know I existed but I just had to forget my notebook, didn't I.

[XxX]

"What were you doing talking to Amanda Presley?" Amber asked, glaring at the pavement as we walked home from school. I shrugged, not really in the mood to talk to her, she was getting on my nerves lately. "I mean, I understand that she's your type-"

"My type?" I asked, brow furrowing in confusion.

"Yeah, tall, pretty, blonde... Did you ever think that maybe you should change types? Your relationships don't last very long, you know? I think your just choosing the wrong people to date. Plus, she's way out of your league."

"I know she's out of my league, I'm not interested. I just like messing with her friend's head." I told her, smirking at the thought of the little awkward girl in my English class.

"Her friend? Andy Richards?" I nodded in confirmation. "What do you know that could annoy her?" She asked, suspicion seeping into her voice. I raised my eyebrows at her, trying to hide a smirk. She gasped "There was something in her note book, wasn't there?!"

I laughed slightly at her reaction "Yeah, she has a massive crush on Mark Danes."

"No way! Oh god, this is too good! I have to call Nix."

"Oh no, you don't. The only reason I told you is because you're not as bad as her. Plus, you gotta let me have my fun."

She bit her lip "Fine, but I get to mess with her too."

I rolled my eyes, sighing "Sure," She squealed and hugged me before running off to her house as I entered mine, smiling.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like? Not Like? Comment to let me know :]