Status: Complete :')

Note to Self: Just Breathe

Dazzling

Do you ever get that feeling when you know something good is going to happen? Like nothing can spoil your mood and something or someone, is just going to make you feel the happiest person alive?

Well that was how I was feeling today. Like nothing in the world could hold me back. Before my brother died last year he used to say to me: “Kid, live every day like your last. Cause you never know when it will be”. And that is exactly what Lucas did. He died a happy person on the 16th August, 2008; 5 hours after his daughter, Ellie May, was born. He was rushing to the hospital to see his daughter for the first time, but he was mugged and stabbed—left there to die. All the muggers got was about £7 and a bus ticket; and after being caught, 2 years in prison. 2 years? Was that all he was worth?

I was currently waiting on Josh. His mum was taking us all to the cinema so we could watch Twilight, us being Josh, Blake, Kate, Effie, James, Aidan and I. It had been us 7 for about 4 years now. We were all new to secondary school, we had friends, but we all just clicked together that we became inseparable. We didn’t have secrets from each other; well we did, but they would be secrets the girls wouldn’t want to know, and vice versa.

I heard a horn beep outside, so I bid my parents a farewell and jumped into the Ford
Toureno 9 seater.

“Afternoon!” I said chirpily.

They all murmured a “hey”, “alright?”, or in Aidan’s case, a “joy!”.

Josh was sat in front with his mum, Mrs Miller. Then it was James, Blake and I in the middle with Kate, Aidan and Effie in back.

“Looking forward to Twilight, Willow?” Effie asked me.

“Oh yeah. Kellan Lutz, what a babe he is.” I smirked at them.

I saw Blake roll his eyes.

“Kellan Lutz?” Aidan spoke. “I thought every girl was getting wet with that Robert Cullen?”

Ah, Aidan. Not afraid to speak his mind and forever the pessimist. Everyone shushed him, looking at Mrs Miller to see her reaction.

“It’s Robert Pattinson, Aidan. Otherwise known as Edward Cullen in the movie.” Kate reminded him.

“Yeah, yeah,” he waved us off. “What I’m getting at is what is so good about Twilight?”

“Basically, Aidan, it’s just a fictional story designed to make every girl fall in love with Edward Cullen, and every boy get jealous over him.” Josh said. He was the smart one of the group; he had the brains and the matter-of-fact voice.

“You’ve still not answered my question.” Aidan said in a sing-song voice, going far too high for our liking.

Everyone ignored him after that; just laughing at his naivety and continuing to talk about Twilight. I choose to stay out of the conversation, opting to look out the window. I was very aware of how close Blake was next to me. I felt his heat radiate through my clothing and I very much wanted to reach out and touch him. I glanced at myself reflected in the window. I had curled my blonde hair for the occasion, choosing to wear it half up. I was wearing my contact lenses today so I could do something good with my eyes. And they did look good. They were a bright emerald green, which I’m often told slightly change colour with my emotion. They go a more blue/gray colour when I am upset and an intense green when I am happy or excited. I was wearing a floral print dress with black tights, a long cardigan and pumps. I glanced at Blake and saw he was wearing slouchy jeans with a simple Henley’s top. He was thin and tall—he stood at 5”9 whilst I was at 5”5—with prominent cheekbones and tanned skin. He had dark hair which he wore casually, and deep brown eyes; captivating, enchanting, brown eyes. I had fallen in love with him around a year ago. I badly wanted to tell him, but I was scared of the silence that would follow. Out of the whole gang I was closest to him. I would go to him with almost anything and it was he who stayed with me the night I found out Lucas had died.

I didn’t realise I was staring at him until he turned to face me, with a questioning look upon his face. I blushed and looked out of the window again; embarrassed that he had caught me staring. I felt him lean down close to me, “You look beautiful,” he told me. His teeth grazed my ear lobe, and it took all my self control to turn around and place my lips on his. His breath sent goose bumps down my neck and I had to bite my cheek to stop myself from moaning. I muttered a thank you, and he leaned away. I looked at him through the reflection in the glass, to see he was staring at me, a wide grin placed on his face as if he was proud of what he had achieved.

We finally reached the cinema car park, and I said a thank you to Mrs Miller, getting out of the car first to then be followed by everyone else. Kate and Effie stood on either side of me, linking my arm in theirs and walking us to the ticket booth.

“Tell us everything!” Effie all but yelled.

“Well, I was daydreaming and stuff and he caught me staring at him, so I looked away and started looking out the window, but then he bent down and whispered in my ear ‘you look beautiful’; I muttered a thank you back, but when I looked at him in the window he was just grinning down at me and I saw James nudge him and give him a thumbs up, before we got here.”

“Ahhh! That is just so sweet what he said,” Kate gushed.

We heard jeering and woops behind us, so we turned around to see everyone patting Blake on the back and giving him high fives.

“We know for a fact that he likes you, and you like him. You should just go for it; what have you got to lose.” Effie told me.

“Erm, my dignity, self respect, shall I continue? Blake doesn’t like me like that; he was just doing it because he knows how to wind me up.” I told them both.

They gave me a patronising smile, and Kate patted me on the head. “We shall see,” she said to me, before we paid for our ticket.