Status: Complete :')

Note to Self: Just Breathe

Goodbye

A month had passed since Christmas day, and although I didn’t believe it was possible, I fell in love with Blake even more. I had been in a relationship with Blake for 6 weeks, and had slept with him 62 times, so we had achieved our goal. Unfortunately my parents had discovered we were often having sex after finding an unused condom in my jean pocket and so they were furious and decided to tell his parents too. They decided they wanted to hold a meeting to discuss ‘options’. That was the most embarrassing day of my life, however Blake told them firmly that we loved each other and it was up to us to make our own mistakes. In the end we had decided I was to go on the pill as well as Blake should use a condom. And so that was settled.

I was currently with Blake in my bedroom. We were simply watching a film together, White Chicks to be more precise. He was sat with him arm around me, holding me close to him; I couldn’t concentrate on the movie, aware of how close he was to me and that he still had so much of a hold over me.

I tried to pay attention to the movie, but it wasn’t working. My phone went off, All Time Lows Remembering Sunday playing. I glanced at caller ID, seeing it was Aidan.

“Aidan,” I answered.

“Willow, can you come round, please? It’s almost time to say goodbye and you know he wanted you to be there,” He told me, his voice hitching.

“Oh, yes, of course. I’ll come now,” I put the phone down. Hurrying to put my shoes and coat on. Blake sat up.

“Who was it?” Blake asked.

“Aidan. Something’s come up, he needs me.” I told him quickly.

“Like what?” He snapped.

“Please, Blake. Not now. I’ll explain when I get back, please?”

“Fine, Willow,” He said, tired.

I turned around to see Blake’s head, bowed, looking at his hands in his lap.

I walked up to him, kissing his head. “You’re tired, love. Just sleep, and when I get back I’ll explain everything to you,”

He nodded his head and I rushed out the door.

I almost legged it to Aidan’s, barging past people and ignoring them when they screamed at me.

I slowed down when I reached Aidan’s garden. It wouldn’t be helpful for me to just barge in there looking like a puffy faced penguin.

I knew Aidan and Linda would be in the master bedroom; Kevin refused hospital treatment when he learned there was no way to save his life—just prolong it. I saw him about 2 days ago. Then he was thin and frail, only awake for around 10 minutes and unable to make conversation.

I gently knocked on the front door, taking time to compose myself. I let myself in, climbing the stairs quietly, not wanting to disturb anyone. The bedroom door was open, and Aidan was on one side of Kevin and Linda the other, both holding his hand.

“Hey,” I said quietly, almost whisper like. They both glanced at me; Aidan giving me a small, sad smile, trying to hold back tears whilst Linda’s face was expressionless, tears streaming down her face.

I slowly picked up a chair, quietly moving to sit beside Aidan. I took his other free hand, gently giving it a squeeze.

Kevin looked even more like deaths door. His skin was pale and translucent over his thin, breakable bones. His eyes were sunken, but he slept peacefully. Aidan told me he would still hear what people were saying, he was just unable to communicate with them—he was too weak.

The nurses where sure today would be his last day. And it was. Kevin Harrison died on February 3, 2009; aged 49. Surrounded by those who loved him dearly, and they in return.