Status: Complete :')

Note to Self: Just Breathe

Fears

After the funeral Aidan’s condition got better. There was no set time for grieving, but Aidan was strong for his mother, and I would be strong for him. Within 2 weeks from his father’s death he returned to school, throwing himself back into coursework and exams so he could get good grades. Although he never admitted it or denied it when I told him what I thought, I believed that he thought if he did well at school then that would make his mother happy again. I didn’t have the nerve to tell him it didn’t work like that.

Winter ended, and spring passed through and now we were at the beginning of July. There was one week of school left until we broke up for the summer holidays and then we would be hitting the beach. Blake and I had been together for 7 months, had made love 118 times and were discussing our future together.

Blake had just left. I was spending the night alone tonight because Blake, Josh and Aidan were sleeping at James tonight so they could get up early to go fishing. I went through the house, locking all windows and doors. I fell asleep watching TV, and had a dreamless sleep before I was forced awake by a crack of thunder.

I hated storms, always had and my father once told me that was odd as I was born during one. My TV was on standby now, and I sat up in bed, sitting against the wall and bringing my knees up to my chest, trying to protect myself.

I buried my head in my knees, clamping my eyes shut and forcing my hands over my ears, trying to block out the bangs.

The storm continued for around 30 minutes and I was sat in the same position, until I heard my phone go off. I stumbled over to it, looking at the caller ID, to see it was Blake.

“Blake!”

“Willow, open your bloody door, it’s pissing it down,”

“What?” I asked confused.

“I’m outside your house, open your door before I go and die of hypothermia or whatever,”

I put the phone down, rushing downstairs and almost falling after another loud bang of thunder. Finally I managed to get the door open and Blake was stood there, drenched to the bone in just a t-shirt and jeans. He all but ran inside, shivering and I threw my arms around him, trying to warm him up.

“You idiot, Blake!” I shouted, before clamping my lips onto his. He reacted in an instant, pushing me against the wall.

“I can...think...of a way...of getting...warm,” he murmured onto my neck, shivering against me.

I took his hand, pulling him upstairs to my room before once again capturing his lips in mine. I pulled off his wet shirt, running my hand down his abs and felt him shiver as my warm hands met his cold skins. He pulled off my pyjama top, realising I didn’t have a bra on while I fumbled with his belt and jeans. Finally they dropped onto the floor and he kicked his shoes off, whilst I shimmied out of my shorts and pants. He pushed me down onto the bed, climbing on top of me before the pleasure of having Blake inside of me came, forgetting all about the storm.

***

I woke up the next morning, searching for Blake but not finding him. Instead I felt a piece of paper beside me, so I opened my eyes, sitting up to read what it said.

I couldn’t wake you; you needed rest after that awesome piece of exercise last night ;) I’ve gone fishing with the lads, love you.

I fell back in bed for a while, thinking of pointless things until I decided it was time to get up. I did the usual when making myself look presentable, before beginning to walk downstairs, whilst the front door opened, with I’m guessing my parents coming in.

Finally I saw them; they both had tearstained faces with a gloom look on their face.

“What’s wrong! Is it—“

I was cut off by my mother’s voice. “Be patient, we’re waiting for Scarlett and Cohen to return before we tell you,” She told me.

But how could I be patient. I wanted to know what forced my parents to cry. I was never really close to my parents, I was always being compared to Scarlett with them, and that always infuriated me. I think they wish they only had Scarlett or that I had died instead of Lucas, I was always so much trouble to them.

They never asked how I was, they often left me alone at night because of my mother’s job.

She was a detective, one which would travel the country if needed to deal with a certain crime. My father would go with her because he worked from home, being a lawyer.
But I went into the living room, sulking, and wished desperately for Scarlett and Cohen to return soon.