Status: Complete :')

Note to Self: Just Breathe

Consequences

I got up and left the next morning whilst Aidan was still asleep. I was soon home and I went upstairs, getting myself ready for the day ahead. I decided I would stay in all of today, too lazy to go out.

I was on MSN, talking to Ashley.

I told her about my whole situation, and for some unfathomable reason she didn’t judge me. We had a discussion on what I would do if I was pregnant, I was pretty much adamant on abortion.

I text Aidan.

Come round tomorrow bout noon. Bring some pregnancy tests with you. x

The day passed by fairly quickly and before I knew it was the next day.

Aidan had come round with a solemn look on his face, holding a bag from the pharmacy.

He had bought 4 pregnancy tests from different manufacturers and I led him to my room.

“Thanks for these,” I said to Aidan.

“No problem, least I could do,” he answered.

We sat in silence for while, until I broke it.

“I’m scared, Aidan,” I admitted.

“Yeah, me too,” he said quietly. “Who will be the dad?” he asked warily.

I sighed. “Most likely Cohen. I’m on the pill but I missed one, but Blake and I always used a condom just to be safe. Cohen didn’t use one.”

He nodded his head and pulled me to him, hugging me tightly.

“I’m sorry,” he whispered in my ear.

“What for?” I asked.

“I didn’t protect you well enough.”

“It’s not your job to protect me, Aidan.”

“But I should still do it,” This fight would be a lost cause for both us, so I decided to change the subject.

“If you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go and pee on a stick,” I joked, trying to hide the fear in my eyes.

I took the bag and went to the bathroom, peeing in a jug so I could put all four of the sticks into it.

2 of the pregnancy tests had to wait 10 minutes, 1 took 3 minutes and another 5. So I decided to wait the full 10 minutes for all.

I went back into my bedroom carrying all four sticks, placing them on my desk and joining Aidan on the bed.

He took my sweaty hand in his and squeezed my hand tightly.

The 10 minutes passed by agonizingly slow. I thought about my options if I were pregnant. I would never keep the baby, I never really thought about having children when I was older never mind now. But then adoption was also a difficult choice. What if the child and I meet when it was older? It would be disgusted with me and feel unloved, and what if looked like Cohen? Turned out like his father? Abortion seemed like the best option for me; but could I be a killer?

“It’s time, Willow,” Aidan said solemnly.

I nodded my head and slowly stood up. I picked up the four sticks without looking at them, trying to clear my head. I looked at them, all holding some form of different signs; but all meaning one thing.

Pregnant.