Status: Complete :')

Note to Self: Just Breathe

Custard Creams

I woke up at around 4 in the morning. Aidan was still clinging in to me and I gently prised out of his grip. I got up, my throat burning for a drink, so I slowly crept downstairs to the kitchen.

When I got there, Mr. Harrison, Aidan’s dad, was already there, currently dunking a custard cream in some milk.

“Hey Mr, H. How are you doing?” I asked him gently.

“I’m good, you?” he said, cheerfully.

“Super.”

I sat down opposite him, and took a custard cream.

“Help yourself, Willow.” He said sarcastically.

“You just know I can’t resist a custard cream,” I said with a grin.

“I know. I would swear you are my daughter.” He chuckled.

We sat in a comfortable silence for a few minutes and I took the opportunity to look at him good and hard. Aidan undoubtedly got his good looks off his father. His father was around 45, too young to die. His once dark brown hair was slowly greying, and he had laughter lines adorning his face. Mr. H was the life and soul of a party, always living his life. It was unfair that in just a few short weeks he would be taken from us.

He sighed and it drew my attention.

“I...I cannot thank you enough, Willow.” He whispered.

I cocked my head to the side, waiting for him to continue.

“You do know you really are like a daughter to me, just as you are a brother for Aidan.”

“I know,” I said sadly.

“Then you realise that when I am gone, he will need you more than ever.”

“I know,” I repeated.

“I need you to promise me something. Can you do that?”

“Of course, anything,”

“The time will come when Aidan is 18. He will inherit all my money. And we all know that he will go spending it on flash cars and playboy women,” he rolled his eyes at his sons antics. “But the money is for when he will have a family of his own, for when he has children. Promise me, you will make sure he uses that money wisely.”

“I promise; he is like a brother to me. Of course, I will make sure he uses it wisely.”

“Thank you, Li-Li,” he got up and kissed my forehead, going to clean up his mug.

“Leave it, Kevin. I shall do it, go to bed and rest; you’re gonna need it.” I told him with a grin.

“What?”

“Aidan and I are planning on taking you and Linda to blockbusters, we are gonna have a family day; dad.” I joked.

“Oh lord,” he said with a chuckle.

“Goodnight, Willow,” he called, walking up the stairs.

“Good morning, sunshine,” I called back.

I soon cleaned up the kitchen and I went back upstairs to Aidan’s room. He slept peacefully; unaware of what was going on around him. I slowly got back in my dress, trying not to wake him so he could dream happy dreams for the time being. I slowly crept out the front door, using Aidan’s key, and when I locked the door, posting it through his letterbox.

I walked the 15 minutes home, the streets were quiet and I was often out at night that it didn’t bother me anymore.

By the time I got through my front door it was 4:45 am. Upon opening my door I looked through the mirror. I looked a mess. My hair was all tatty and my mascara was down my cheeks from when I had been crying yesterday. And no one told me I looked like shit!

I walked into the kitchen, planning on making myself a sandwich. But I was not prepared for the sight which would hit me. My sister was sat on the kitchen worktop, her legs clamped around her fiancée, Cohen. At the moment they were kissing each other frantically, and Cohen was just reaching down to undo his fly—

“Stop, you guys!” They quickly broke away, Scarlett pulling up her pyjama shorts.

“Oh, Willow! You gave me a fright.” Scarlett said.

“Same here,” I told her. “Anyway, what? Are you planning on fucking in every room of the house, cause if I find you’ve been in my room—“

“We haven’t” Cohen cut me off.

“Good!” I snapped at him.

“Willow, shut up! It is a completely natural thing to do, and besides, what are you doing up?”

“I was with Aidan—“ before I was cut off again.

“And here you are, having a go at us for making love—“ Scarlett started.

“I was not doing anything with Aidan. If you must know he was upset, he is like a brother to me, and I was comforting him—“ Scarlett snorted. “Because his father has only been given 6 weeks to live,” That shut her up.

"Sorry," She spat.

“Save it! I’m going to go to bed, then go round to Aidan’s for a bit later on, and if Blake calls, tell him I’m sick or something.”

Cohen scoffed, “What is he? Your bodyguard?”

“Boyfriend, actually,” I snapped at him.

He stopped chuckling to himself to glare at me. “Bye, continue with your fuck fest if you wish,”

I slowly walked up the stairs, stripping off when I reached my room and wiping off my makeup. It had been an eventful day, yesterday. And no doubt more of them would come.