Obsession

That Bastard's Gonna Pay

I instantly dropped the pictures and paper. Who the hell is this? Is this supposed to be some sort of sick joke? Digging around my bedside drawer I found a lighter and lit each picture carefully. I watched them shrivel and melt away in my fingertips. Sick pig, I thought to myself as I watched them burn one by one.

“Ava, what’s that burning smell?” my mother called from the other side of my door.

“I just lit a candle, it got the wax and is smelling funny,” hey, I couldn’t think of anything, okay?

“Blow it out then. The smell is wretched.” Finally she walked down stairs.

Just when I lit the last picture I saw something in it, a reflection. I tried to study it, to figure out who it was, but it burned too quickly. Damn it!

I snatched up my phone and dialed Jake, “Can I come over?”

“Uh, sure. When?”

“Now.”

“A little needy now are we?” He asked jokingly.

“Cut it out. I want to talk to you about something.”

“Babe, you’re not ending it are you?”

“No. No! It’s something I got in the mail, that’s all.”

He sighed in relief, “Okay. I’ll unlock the door. Love ya.”

“Love ya too. Bye-bye,” and I hung up.

~*~

“Who sent you the pictures?” He asked, “Where are they?”

“I burned them, and I have no clue who sent them!”

“Just relax, it was probably just a joke,” He rubbed my shoulders.

“A joke? They took naked pictures of me without my permission! That isn’t a joke,” I was livid.

“I’m sorry. It’s not a joke, it’s a crime, but you went and burned them. We’ll have to wait until he sends more,” Jake shrugged.

“He sends more?! He isn’t going to get more!” I shrieked, standing up and whipping a glass off the table.

“Baby, calm down. Calm down!” He grabbed my waist and pulled me close. I fell to the ground crying.

“I-I feel so humiliated. So… so dirty. How could someone do something like that?” I cried into his shoulder.

“They are sick. Absolutely sick,” he rubbed my back and twirled my hair. “What did the letter say?”

“’Why are you ignoring me? Oh well, guess I have to take matters into my own hands. Oh, by the way, nice bod.’ Then a winking face,” I managed to choke out between sobs.

“That bastard is going to pay,” He snarled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to whom ever subscribed! I feel loved. xD

I'd thank commenters too, but there are none. Oh, well.

Thankies for reading!